KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2008 :  8:22:02 PM  Show Profile
Our local news just announced that they had arrested a suspect in a double murder of a husband and wife from the early autumn...the couple, from Grant County, Kentucky, were the close family friends of our new law associate at my office. The case was pretty strange in that there was no forced entry, and the couple were shot point blank in their gun room, downstairs in a basement family area where only someone who had been in the house would know of...there were 3 sons, only one who lived at home. I immediately suspected something "afoot" and much to my chagrin, they just indicted the youngest son (22) for killing both of his parents. A motive is not known, but gosh, I am really hate to see the face of our law associate tomorrow--what do you say? He was so defiant that none of the children would be involved because he was best friends with the two oldes boys...the girl was married and lived in the West. His father, and this gentleman were both doctors and close friends, so each family sortof meshed.

Whew. It's sad to know that this is ACTUALLY what happened. Sometimes I hate when my gut is right.

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2008 :  8:36:48 PM  Show Profile
I am so sorry Jonnie, what a crazy mixed world

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2008 :  8:38:52 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Jonni, that is too much. There are other murders like this and it's really sad to know that people would kill their own family members. I can imagine, it really hitting close to home.

I knew someone once, in Panama City FL, actually WORKED for her, as a dance instructor (she owned a dance school) and then came to find out 5 or so years later, she was murdered in a case that went national. A couple that she was working for killed her, stuffed her in the trunk, and then drove the car out into the desert (at that time, she had moved to California) and tried to set it on fire. It was just shocking...I really wonder, sometimes, what goes on in the minds of people!

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com
www.pumpkinpatchparlor.etsy.com

And Blogs:
agriculture: www.bigtownfarmer.blogspot.com
art: www.queenofcrows.blogspot.com
animals: www.big-luv.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2008 :  8:39:02 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Miss Wilma...oddly enough, I almost asked him today if he'd heard any more news about the case. It's been sortof "silent" for months and that's never good, ya know. Always seems like they circle the wagons around someone when they're quiet. Ugh. Now I just have to figure out how to not put my foot in my mouth.

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2008 :  05:26:41 AM  Show Profile
That's so sad. It's terrible when someone you know turns out to be capable of such a thing. Makes you question everything. I really feel sorry for your law associate, and the other family members must be devastated.
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2008 :  05:48:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I'll never understand things like this, Jonni. Last week, a 36 year old woman who lived in a nice house in a nice neighborhood and was enrolled full time at the University of Louisville working on a counseling degree, shot her children in their beds(she used a shotgun, so even though the news media says 'as they slept', one of them had to be awakend by the blast and saw it coming - the guy across the street knew it was a shotgun blast). Then she drove to UL and took a poor woman working in the Health Center hostage. Fortunately, the woman wasn't hurt. UL was on lockdown for a while. The poor kids were only 14 and 10. She had been a widow for 10 years and no one saw this coming. It just makes you sad and sorrowful. The poor guy in your office must be devasted - maybe he just couldn't stand to think about the possibility.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2008 :  05:54:19 AM  Show Profile
I hear about that, Janice...my boss's daughter attends U of L and he was very tense until he had heard there was resolution. Wonder what happened to her, you know? I fear, in this economy, that we will see more and more of those types of things happening--desperation...this, I think is different. Apparently, a month before the shooting, he had forged a very large check on his parent's account, but surely that wasn't enough to kill them over. I feel for our law associate....I'm sure you're right, Janice. Who would want to believe these things about someone they know so well (or thought they did).

Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2008 :  08:27:35 AM  Show Profile
Jonni, I've been hearing about that on the news. It's very sad, and then last night there was a murder/suicide in Garrard County, Kentucky. Janice, I heard about that one in Louisville too. It all just doesn't make sense and is terrible. Sometimes I don't like turning on the news in the morning.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Just Awful.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page