Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Last wedding checklist ..I need your help!!!!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Last wedding checklist ..I need your help!!!!!!! Next Topic  

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2008 :  06:02:50 AM  Show Profile
OK Farmgirls- now I need your help!

The wedding(my daughters) is in 10 days. I have several checklists and everything is covered that's on them- what I need now is some input from YOU!

SAGE had some great advice several weeks ago-(if your reading girl, give us some help)I'd like you girls to throw some last minute "did you think of...., did you remember to......." kinda things at me.
Also dont forget to take a guess at our wedding budget on my blog- I have a lovely surprise gift for the winner- the closest guess.(Yes I am tabulating the cost-crazy huh?)

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Brew Crew
True Blue Farmgirl

676 Posts

Molly
Arizona
676 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2008 :  06:09:13 AM  Show Profile
Best advice I received before my wedding day was to 'dress' myself mentally. That way I was sure to get all the slips, pantyhose, shoes, etc.

Also, 2 of my sisters in law forgot about their fiance's ring until the wedding day. They then had to send someone out to find something with only a few hours to go. :)

Best wishes to your daughter, and to you!

"There is a Happy Dale far, far away. . ." -Arsenic and Old Lace
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2008 :  07:31:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hmm- Make sure the dog gets locked up before the bride walks down the aisle?

Make sure the groomsmen aren't wearing shirts that clash with the bride's dress (Red and ORANGE?!)

Seriously though-
I honestly can't remember much of the last minute planning so I forwarded this topic to my mom (Sage). I am sure she will have a some great suggestions. My sisters and I keep telling her she should coordinate weddings for a living!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2008 :  07:57:19 AM  Show Profile
Here are my tips:
-Reconfirm every appointment/person that you are using on times, location, etc.

-Have an "emergency kit" just in case with stuff you might need. Folks say a bag or something...get a 2 gallon ziplock bag to save $$ and pack it in with the makeup, etc. Ok, in this kit have - small sewing kit, Tide To-Go or one of those wipee things that gets rid of stains, deoderant, extra pair of hose, lens repair kit in case bride has glasses, scissors, asprin for headaches, bottled water, and my mind is going blank on the other stuff.

-Have a list of all vendors & any phone numbers on one sheet of paper.

-Check plane tickets, hotel reservations, etc before honeymoon.

-Have someone responsible for the rings.

-As soon as the guys get their tuxes - TRY THEM ON! 9 times out of 10 there will be something wrong...wrong shoe size, something. If renting, get them as early in the day on the day before the wedding so you are not rushing.

-Make sure your camera is charged up and ready to go. Have extra sets of batteries or rechargeable ones and take photos of this week getting ready, etc.

-Most of all - smile, breathe, and have the time of your life. It will be here before you know it.

~Jessica in Kentucky & Farmgirl Sisterhood #137~
Be sure to visit my blog & Crafty Clipart for some of my photographs:
http://bluegrassprincess.blogspot.com/
http://www.craftyclipart.com
Go to Top of Page

La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2008 :  09:01:25 AM  Show Profile
If the brides dress is having alterations keep on top of the seamstress. Mine dress arrived the day before the wedding without all the laterations being made so my moms friend (a fab seamstress) had to sew me into my dress and DH had to bring a pair of scissors so he could cut me out of it.

Later I realized that when the shop pinned the dress to take it in I couldn't get out of it so they took the pins out and never re-set them to make the alterations.

Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2008 :  09:06:28 AM  Show Profile
Jennifer you just reminded me of the horror of my seamstress. She had 6 weeks to get the dress hemmed, altered, etc. I went in for fittings and she did not even complete that dress until 2 days before the wedding and I had to REALLY push her to get it done on that day. She was a fruitcake needless to say - one of those moments you had to be there. It got worse with each fitting, so I took one of my friends with me each time. The day I picked up my dress, she claimed I didn't give her enough time...6 weeks and she procrastinated on it until that week. Whew...oh yeah, she went out of business not long after that.

One more thing - have a steamer!!! You will need it because someone will have wrinkles. It's a given. haha. I still use mine to steal rather than iron my clothes. We used it to take down wallpaper as well. I can't believe how long it has lasted us.

~Jessica in Kentucky & Farmgirl Sisterhood #137~
Be sure to visit my blog & Crafty Clipart for some of my photographs:
http://bluegrassprincess.blogspot.com/
http://www.craftyclipart.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2008 :  09:14:20 AM  Show Profile
The week before the wedding, I had each day covered--both things that I did and things my dh was responsible for. I also made it my goal to be done by 8:00 so I would be in bed at a reasonable hour so that when the wedding arrived, I didn't look like something the cat dragged in!!!!

****Undergarment backups (undies, hose, bras, etc...) I know this sounds crazy, but my dress was strapless, and I wore a very nice foundation with the thigh high hose and those straps....well, one of the straps broke. I thought my mil was going to pass out, but I had 3 more (straps) and my thighs aren't like sticks, so no biggee!!! But, we safety pinned it and I went on...she didn't forget though, and kept asking the whole time if I was having any problems!!!!

**It's a good idea to have a couple pair of hose, and believe it or not, I wore gloves to put mine on because they were so delicate. Even though I'd had a manicure, my hands were still gardener hands :)

***Make sure, if you have elderly family members or family that aren't driving or whatever, that someone is assigned to pick them up, but not the immediate family members involved in the wedding. At my cousin's wedding, they forgot my grandmother and her grandmother (sisters) in all the hustle and bustle and when someone noticed they weren't there, my mom rushed out to go and pick them up.

And then, just enjoy....oh, and most importantly, don't snap at one another. It's a wedding and it will be wonderful and there's no amount of bridezilla or mothermonster of the bride/groom that is endearing.

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Sage
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Pam
Worland Wyoming
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2008 :  10:34:51 AM  Show Profile
Autumn; I sent you a long email. Enjoy and make memories for this special day. Sage :)

Farmgirl sister #140
www.heritagedesigns.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2008 :  11:36:36 AM  Show Profile
Try to remember that what is important is the marriage, not the wedding. Congratulations!

Patricia

Proud Farmgirl Sister #19
Rusty Chicks Chapter

check out my etsy site http://ThePlayfulFarmgirl.etsy.com

Today I choose faith not fear.
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2008 :  12:46:10 PM  Show Profile
Someone may have already mentioned this:

Bring a big bag and fill it with bobby pins, hairspray, brush/comb, lotion, deodorant, snacks-granola or cereal bars, yougurt, etc.-
some pepto, tylenol, safety pins.
(Your bag of tricks full of stuff that you wish you had, and it sucks really badly when you don't.)
It has been my experience as a bridesmaid, that you forget to eat the day of, so the snacks are good to keep the blood sugar up and tempers down.
The jug of water is a good idea too.

Enjoy yourself!!!

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

Sage
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Pam
Worland Wyoming
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  2:11:20 PM  Show Profile
Autumn: I've been thinking about you and the wedding coming up. I hope you are having a great family gathering and making lots of precious memories. Best wishes to all. Sage :)

Farmgirl sister #140
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  2:47:47 PM  Show Profile
Thanks so much-girls.
We are on the homestretch now!
Ya know, the real challencge is blending families- even if just for a couple of hours. The relationships are exponentally huge!!!
I mean daughter sons daughterin laws friends kids grands...... and each one is different. What Im saying is that I must be juggling 1000 or more seperate r'ltionships and it isn't easy.
Someone is bound to get annoyed and there isn't a thing in the world I can do about it except extend the same grace to them as I would have extended to me- if the tables were turned.
I'm just tired and ready for life to get back to normal for me and everyone else.
Sorry I'm whining Just needed to vent so I can get back to work!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

Sage
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Pam
Worland Wyoming
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  3:18:46 PM  Show Profile
Autumn; I hear ya girl and wish I could help out. Your grace under fire will help calm the others and make the day beautiful. My mom said I was the most patient person she ever known during the mad rush for Alee's wedding(wow,little did she know what was going on in my head). I wasn't calm and things were going as smoothly as I wanted but I kept telling myself that there was no way I was going to be the one to say or do anything to ruin Alee's day. Hang in there. Hugs Sage :)

Farmgirl sister #140
Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  3:22:42 PM  Show Profile
Try not to stress about that stuff too much, I know it's hard but it'll only make you feel more worn out. People are going to be who they are and as long as you've done your best to prevent anything major that's about as much as you can do. Remember it's a special day and don't let that wondering what might happen between all of those other people bother you. I hope you all have a great time!

http://ruby--slippers.blogspot.com/
www.leezard.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Last wedding checklist ..I need your help!!!!!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page