Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Getting on with life here in Texas...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Getting on with life here in Texas... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  1:23:10 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Well, 3 days of travelling and we have finally arrived in Texas. The apartment or excuse me, small house as I call it (it is SOOOOO much bigger than I thought it would be- we went from about 600 sq. feet to about 1000 or so...)is so beautiful and I love the setting. We are right next to a 2 lane road but still feel country. I am about 3 miles from Historic Gruene Hall (yee haw!!!) and minutes from the rivers to go tubing!!!

I have to much to unpack but just trying to relax a bit and enjoy the last few days before hubby flies back to California for deployment. But, life will go on....

Hubby gave me $500 to spend on fixing up the place so I am excited. I have a list about a mile long, but I am trying to get things by barter, trade, **FREE** or thrifted before buying at the store. I am keeping a running tab to see how I do.

I am so excited. We only have been over here at the apartment since late this morning and within an hour, 2 neighbors came over and said hi. There are a lot of older, retired folks here and that is great- Charlie will have lots of adopted grandparents!!!

So, I will probably be peeking in this week, but I have a lot to do. Shopping, getting Charlie set up in daycare, college, Hubby (tee hee hee) and just getting settled.

Miss all ya'll!!!

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90

Peanut
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jennifer
Waverly Virginia
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  1:24:50 PM  Show Profile
quote:
... am about 3 miles from Historic Gruene Hall (yee haw!!!)

Sounds like some potentially good date nights!

My blog: http://thecottonwife.wordpress.com/

"John Deere. We stand behind everything we sell. Except the manure spreader."
Go to Top of Page

tiff-tiff
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Tiffany
Austin Texas
USA
78 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  1:35:54 PM  Show Profile
I HAVE STUFF! I am moving into a new house on Friday and plan on a garage sale, but I would be more than happy to give anything you may need - no use spending your fixin' up money on stuff I may have!!! I don't think you are more than an hour away so I will look around my garage sale stuff and let you know.
Good LUCK!
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  1:47:04 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
OH Tiffany!! You are so sweet to offer. I will post what I am looking for. Thank you so much!!

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

tiff-tiff
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Tiffany
Austin Texas
USA
78 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  2:01:10 PM  Show Profile
Hey ~ I just wanted an excuse to come to New Braunfels!
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  2:46:46 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
You are very welcome to come anytime!!!

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  3:52:32 PM  Show Profile
Oh Heather So glad to hear you arrived safely. I know you have much to do, but spend as much time as you can with DH before he deploys. Make lots of memories to sustain you and Charlie while he's gone. Visit the neighbors and become friendly so DH wont worry about you being alone. With nice neighbors like you've already met, you're never alone. That will make him feel better. I had adopted grandparents when I was growing up and I will remember and cherish those memories forever.

The boxes will be there after he's left.

Keep us posted.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  4:57:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Congrats Heather! Check out your local freecycle!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  6:08:53 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
The great thing here is there are about 20 thrift stores within about 15 miles and I can always go down to San Antonio or up to Austin. That would be fun!!!

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  6:29:38 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by catscharm74

The great thing here is there are about 20 thrift stores within about 15 miles and I can always go down to San Antonio or up to Austin. That would be fun!!!

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90

Welcome to TX Heather. Hoping you get settled in and you find a great life in NB, it's very pretty there.

AngiK

For he is faithful that promised. Hebrews 10:23

check out Texas 4H! http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Getting on with life here in Texas... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page