corporatefarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

389 Posts

Tamara
Pikeville TN
USA
389 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2008 :  3:08:42 PM  Show Profile
Susan - Oh sweet child my heart breaks and my eyes are moist with tears for you. I do know how your feel.
Our eldest son is 29 and for years I waited to recieve the call that he had overdosed. I thank God that he is now clean, but I do remember the days of just being. I believe that we reach a point where our minds and hearts must closely guard themselves or else they will explode. For years I cried,begged, fought insurance companie and sat at hospitals, one sucide attempt after another. Then I just accepted that it was out of my power. I could love my son but,with boundries. I could pray without ceasing and I could move forward. At first even family members thought I was hard. They did not know the years of tears my eyes had shed. You need to know that it is OK to be where you are. Your mind is dealing with this in its own way. Try journaling. Have a journal just for you to write about this horrible thing you are dealing with. That was my place to release. I could be angry,sad, confused and know one could judge.

May you and your son find the peace you deserve

small farms give big benefits

Edited by - corporatefarmgirl on Apr 07 2008 10:10:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  03:25:10 AM  Show Profile
Susan, I too, know what you are going through and as I had told MaryJane just last weekend, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. It's hard on the family, it's hard on the budget, it's hard on your health and it's hard on the marriage. My son has been clean for about 9 years now. Rehab was the only way for him, too. You all are in my prayers and you just hang on.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  4:05:33 PM  Show Profile
My daughters finally got him to rehab on Sunday at 2pm. It was a two hour drive and he told them that he was doing this for him and that he realized he wanted to see his two little nephews grow up to be old men. He will be there for about 45 days with no visitors or communication from any of us. The girls said the institution is on the side of a mountain and they had a peaceful feeling about the place when they got out of the car with him. They said there were some men playing horseshoes and volleyball. We bought him $100 worth of cigarettes (the place did stress that this was a good thing) and had to buy him shampoo without alcohol in it because some people drink it to get high. I woke up during the night and hauled it downstairs because I remembered I'd left my pocketbook in the living room! I had a husband and another son chasing me assuring me that my pocketbook was safe and sound. All my money was still in there. He hadn't taken anything. He will be attending a church service everyday and the only reading materials we can send him are to be of the religious kind. I'm sure the Angels in Heaven are singing for this child! My three year old grandson keeps asking me where his Uncle "Jabby" is. I tried to explain to him this morning that we had to take him to a special hospital where he could get special love and treatment to make him like brand new. Brody looked at me with those big ole eyes and said, "but mama. Me love Uncle Jabby. Bring him here. Me make him better." Brody was born to keep Jamie alive. We all know that.

Tomorrow Uncle Jabby turns 28 years old. Please, when you pray, ask that God will give our family many more years to love this wonderful young man. I know that our children are only on loan to us but I am an extremely selfish woman. And, I'm also extremely blessed. Susan
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  4:32:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Susan, I am so glad he is there. I pray this is IT for him, and your years with him are many.
Big Hugs!

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

Rich or Poor, It Dont matter We're all the same everybodys hungry in a different way....

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

www.justanotherhousewife.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Family Matters: Previous Topic My son enters rehab today Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page