Page: of 2

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2008 :  8:43:32 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
On an average day? I was actually timing myself today because I had somewhere special to go and start to finish, I still was done under an hour. I just was never one of those girls who took a long time to get ready. What says you????

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2008 :  9:19:33 PM  Show Profile
1-2 minutes - wash my face, comb my hair, mascara, lipstick - I'm done! When I was growing up, my mom was very critical of time "wasted" primping, so I never really learned how. I wish I could spend more time on my appearance though - I just wouldn't know what else to do!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba

Edited by - mikesgirl on Mar 20 2008 9:21:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2008 :  9:27:58 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Sherri, you sound like me!! I remember back when I was youger, I would get ready and then sit for about 2 hours watching my roomates getting ready. I never really understood what took so long???? I watched a lot of movies then....lol.

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90

Edited by - catscharm74 on Mar 20 2008 9:28:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2008 :  10:21:01 PM  Show Profile
5 minutes will usually do it..maybe 10 if I am dressing up more. Mascara, eyeliner pencil and "oil of Ole lady" and I am out the door. My hair is easy too....wavy and low maintainance. We have one bathroom for the 6 of us...not much time for any one person..especially since the girls are getting older now. If we ever add on to the house ....a bathroom will be a priority.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2008 :  06:38:15 AM  Show Profile
I'm so low maintenance it's pathetic!!! I do shower!!!! Throw my hair in a ponytail.Oh and put some deodorant and moisturizer on!!! I have my nose pierced for a little glam since I don't wear make up!!!!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2008 :  07:19:05 AM  Show Profile
Don't laugh, but I get up at 4:50am in order to leave house by 6:00 or 6:15 ...

Ten minutes in kitchen setting out breakfast for DH and the canine; by then the coffee is ready and I pour my mugful and head to the bathroom for the next hour...45 minutes of which is spent in the tub reading. Does that count as primping? Fifteen minute dash to dry and curl hair, do light makeup and dress.

OK, short answer is probably 15-20 minutes ; maybe a few more minutes if my hair just isn't behaving.

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2008 :  07:45:54 AM  Show Profile
Well... we all sound like a low maintenance bunch!!!!!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2008 :  08:12:18 AM  Show Profile
I'm so basic. I wash my face, brush my hair and teeth and I'm out the door. I will put makeup on for special occasions like a wedding or our anniversary but even then it's just foundation and mascara. I have too much to do to bother with something I'm only going to sweat off anyway!

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2008 :  08:22:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I jump into the bath, wash my hair and my underarms, rinse, jump out, towel dry while finding clothes to wear, then I put my hair up in a pony tail or bun. And I am done. Less than half an hour. I might not always be the most beautiful person in the room, but I am comfortable. If I am primping for pictures it takes me about 45 minutes- make-up and all.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2008 :  09:27:01 AM  Show Profile
oh I love you all!! So nice to see I am not alone.
My lil peeps are 1 & 2, so my primping days are pretty well over. I get a shower wash my hair everyday, but other than clean clothes I can go a whole day without brushing my hair. (NO one says its not clean if its not brushed. ;P) Once every couple of weeks I go through "feminine maintenance" as my husband has come to call it. That's when I tweeze my eyebrows, shave my legs (no, I do not only shave my legs once a week though if I could get away with it, I might just try.....nasty stuff..especially if your legs are near as long as mine..but anyways..lol)
Other than that, its wash and go!
hugs Jessie

Primping is saved for those coveted dinner dates with hubby and thats when I break out the big artillery...mascara, eyeliner, the whole nine yards.;)

When life sends storms, remember to dance in the rain!

www.theSouthernBelle.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2008 :  10:22:42 AM  Show Profile
I spend 1/2 hour. That includes showering, blow drying my hair, getting dressed and any make up.
I am bad in the winter I only shave my legs about once a week. The pits are every other day.

I gave up on fussing with my hair years ago. I blow it dry and put a little goop in it, and voila, I am done.
However, if I have a big date (LOL) I will put more effort into it. Make sure the make up is straight/perfect, curl my hair etc.
We appear to be very LOW maintainence bunch-glad I am not the only one.

*P.S. The last guy I dated, he took longer getting ready than I did.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland

Edited by - kissmekate on Mar 21 2008 10:23:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2008 :  10:48:27 AM  Show Profile
I'm a long bather. I can't get out of the tub in less than 15 minutes...maybe half an hour is the norm. I'm also a dawdler, so I would say a good estimate is an hour from start to finish to bathe, shave, dry and style my hair, dress, and do my makeup. On the flip side, I don't do all that EVERY day. I have to dress up for work, but on weekends, I skip the hair and makeup and go au naturale!
Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2008 :  6:51:59 PM  Show Profile
Gosh I love you guys! I thought I was the only Non-primper. For work I can be up dressed,teethbrushed, make-up on,coffee made and out the door in about20 minutes. My makeup is neutrogena. Its the kind that is powder in a container with a brush attached. You just take off the lid and brush on your face. blush too. it's my favorite. Quick, quick quick! Luckly my hair is curly enough I can spray it with some water scrunch and go. The great part is I'm old enough that nobody cares.
I primp longer on Fri evenings. That is DH and my date night. While I am waiting for him to arrive from work I lounge in the tub and do the "Female maintainence " ( I like that term) stuff. get out and do the eyebrows and minimal nail maintenance put on some good smelling lotion. Makeup as above and I'm done. Actually Dh likes that I don't primp much. He really likes that I don't use hairspray. he likes to lay his head over against my soft hair. We are very casual. date night is usually Jeans.

TEDDIE

Too blessed to be stressed!
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2008 :  8:27:27 PM  Show Profile
Ummm I guess I'm the primper in the bunch. I'm an hour from shower to walking out the door. This is mostly because I have REALLY curly hair that needs to air dry...

I will sing at the top of my lungs, and I will dance even if I'm the only one...

http://www.kattywhompus.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2008 :  8:33:22 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
That's it!!! Rhonda wins the Primper award!! LOL You win an extra hour to primp!!! ; )

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2008 :  07:23:12 AM  Show Profile
If you count my shower then it probably takes me fifteen minutes to get ready. If you aren't counting showers than about five minutes, max. If I am going out somewhere special maybe ten minutes! I hardly ever wear makeup so basically it is take shower, get dressed, dry hair, and done.
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2008 :  10:14:19 PM  Show Profile
Dang curly hair.

I will sing at the top of my lungs, and I will dance even if I'm the only one...

http://www.kattywhompus.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2008 :  03:31:44 AM  Show Profile
for work its less than 5 minutes----no time i shower the night brfore then just rake a brush through hair and throw it into a ponytail

If we are going out and I have to do make up welll maybe total time then is still under 15 minutes

I loose patience and haven't blown hair dry in over 20 years its too thin but has natural curl that helps
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2008 :  12:15:21 PM  Show Profile
ok so heres something im noticing...not a lot of you are wearing makeup or it sounds liek very little. am i the only one that even though I dont primp, i feel naked without my makeup?? i dont do makeup for say a walmart run, but i have to at least have eyeliner and mascara or i feel frumpity!
hugs jessie

When life sends storms, remember to dance in the rain!

www.theSouthernBelle.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2008 :  2:43:02 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
I don't primp much...kinda like a guy in that way. I always maintain my eyebrows and yes my lovely hereditary moustache....thanks mom (i would love to not worry about that) ok its not that bad but still to admit I'm mortified, I always put makeup on esp if I am outta the house. I comb my hair but not all the time. I like the semi-dishevled look. I throw on clothes. So thats that. Usually in the morning under 10 min from pee face wash to makeup hair and clothes. When I dry my hair that is what takes long and I have the laptop in front of me when I do that :-p

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."
http://ligonierfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggygirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggygirlslonggreen.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2008 :  2:50:18 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Jessie- I must have my mascara on at all times or I feel naked!!!

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Aunt B
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Terri
Chillicothe OH
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2008 :  02:39:28 AM  Show Profile
10 minute shower, dry hair, brush teeth, deodorant, cologne, dress - about 30 - 45 minutes. My DH takes longer - LOL

Aunt B
http://www.hummingbirdsprings.blogspot.com
http://www.hummingbirdsprings.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2008 :  06:53:31 AM  Show Profile
Honestly....I wish I could primp more! I have always been soooo lazy! If it takes more than 5 min!!! Forget it! My daughters on the other hand love primping!!! Their hair and make up look amazing! My 4 year old loves to play Makeover!!!!

My splures are- so I don't look awful- are facials and waxings!!!!I figure if my skin looks decent I can get away with no make up!!!

Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2008 :  06:55:46 AM  Show Profile
Oh...and good hair color!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2008 :  08:38:43 AM  Show Profile
I'm like Elizabeth. Counting my shower (which I have to have to wake up in the mornings!) fifteen minutes or less. I'm a no make up kind of girl -- it takes up time I'd rather be spending outside. I wash my hair at night, since it's so long, and since I'm already cooped up in the house after dark, and that only takes about twenty to twenty five minutes, from jumping in the shower to drying and pulling it all back in a ponytail.

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2008 :  11:27:39 AM  Show Profile
On a regular "average Josephine" day, I spend about 2 or 3 minutes on my make up . . . foundation, blush, mascara and lipstick. I spend about 3 or 4 on my hair . . . I love pony tails! But for days that how I look matters, I spend a good 10 minutes making my make-up "just right" and up to 30 minutes to curl my fairly long hair. About once a week I do the extra things such as pedicure, facial, teeth whitener, etc. I consider that my "pampering" time.

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic How long do you primp??? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page