Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 ohhh JA-A-A-K .. ohhh DA-A-A-V-E!!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic ohhh JA-A-A-K .. ohhh DA-A-A-V-E!!!!! Next Topic  

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  11:51:00 AM  Show Profile
PLEASE COME TO KENTUCKY ... to visit for a couple week's vacation ... and play with me .. we'll go on some 'adventures' .. and send pictures back home!

This is ThreadBear .. (well, his official name on his birth certificate is FRED BEAR .. but soon after arriving home .. i took his coat and hat off and discovered: HE HAD NO EARS!

(NO WONDER I HAD TO YELL QUITE LOUD TO GET HIS ATTENTION ABOUT STOPPING FOR AN ICE CREAM CONE ON THE WAY HOME!!)

It has also been discovered that in addition to being 'hard of hearing' .. he has a 'lisp' .. and cannot say his s's or f's .. they all come out as TH's. This all came to light when he was overhead introducing himself to the new bears and dolly playmates at home as:
"ThreadBear".

RARELY, does he allow his hat to be taken off .. but said that since it was for JACK and DAVE .. he would permit it this ONE time!

I keep telling him that 'bald is beautiful' .. and pointing out beautiful babies and handsome men who have no hair .. but he tends to give me a 'WHAT-EVER!' look and reminds me that "HAIR ith not the thame as EAR-TH!!"

He rarely is 'sassy' .. but did indeed set me straight on this point!

As you will notice in the first photo, his right foot is all bound .. that is because HE 'bounded' down the steps one day in his haste to get to BREAKFAST .. said he smelled 'eggth and bacon .. HONEY and toath' cookin'! and he BROKE his foot! He walks about in his 'walker' in attempts to make his foot stronger!
His buddy BROWNIE BEAR is usually found nearby. ThreadBear tells the BEST stories .. and Brownie is always there to hear them .. and to run little errands (like procuring honey and jam thandwiches) for his friend.

ThreadBear arrived wearing these cute little shoes .. but methinks he has had tooooo much HONEY since arriving and has chubbied up a little and these no longer fit him!

These cowboy boots are his favorite these days .. they were given to him by his cuzin LUCAS up in OHIO .. who has quite outgrown them!

Two more good friends that hang out in the 'stranger room' with him are: WARREN and EUGENE .. who like the cusshiness of the bed pillows! And can often be found having fun 'pillow fights'!

RAYMOND (know affectionately as Little Ray) can almost always be found napping!

Celesta and Earnest sit in little twig rockers .. usually keeping pretty much to themselves. They don't say much but when they do .. the other bears listen closely because it is usually to give good advice .. (or in hushed tones to warn of the 'others' (PEOPLE) heading up the steps!

ThreadBear and friends do so hope that Jack and Dave will come for a visit soon!!

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:
"GATHERING ROOM" ..
http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. up for adoption:
http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  12:08:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Very cute Frannie!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  12:30:11 PM  Show Profile
What a creative mind you have, Frannie! Thankth for the thmile on thith Monday morning.

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  12:35:29 PM  Show Profile
Jack and Dave send their regards and promise to stop in if they are ever down your way. Glad to see that other bears are waking up from their long winter naps.
Nancy Jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  1:09:13 PM  Show Profile
Oh dear, that is more cuteness than I can stand!

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com
www.pumpkinpatchparlor.etsy.com

And Blogs:
agriculture: www.bigtownfarmer.blogspot.com
art: www.queenofcrows.blogspot.com
animals: www.big-luv.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic ohhh JA-A-A-K .. ohhh DA-A-A-V-E!!!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page