Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2008 :  8:29:08 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Does anyone have a recipe for these that is tried and tested? I want to make some for my Charlie's birthday but all the reviews online are bad for how they come out. Thanks!!!

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90

palmettogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

571 Posts

sue
camden south carolina
USA
571 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  09:33:21 AM  Show Profile
i don't have a recipe per se, but i did make them years ago. i just used a box mix for a plain white cake. i filled the cones with cake batter almost to the top, (i remember thinking the first time that they didn't rise as much), and baked them at the temperature listed on the box. obviously you bake them a little less, but i think i just kept checking the oven. (but it wasn't that much shorter cause it still have to "bake"!) then i frosted them with home made butter cream icing cause that gets hard compared to the stuff in the tubs at the grocery store. they were cute. oh, put them on a jellyroll pan, and i lined it with foil to avoid some mess. but the cones came out fine, not browned or anything which amazed me!
Go to Top of Page

AliShuShu
True Blue Farmgirl

150 Posts

Alison
Charlotte NC
USA
150 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  09:50:47 AM  Show Profile  Send AliShuShu an AOL message  Send AliShuShu a Yahoo! Message
this recipe seems to have good reviews:
http://www.bettycrocker.com/Recipes/Recipe.aspx?recipeId=34403

Alison
I think that if ever a mortal heard the voice of God it would be in a garden at the cool of the day. ~F. Frankfort Moore, A Garden of Peace
Namaste'
www.shumusings.com
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page