Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Reading Room
 Anyone remember Trixie Belden books?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Anyone remember Trixie Belden books? Next Topic
Page: of 2

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2008 :  7:02:45 PM  Show Profile
Most folks have read Nancy Drew, but how many have read Trixie? My best, friend and I loved these books in our growing up years. We have now found a web site for her fans. So I'm rereading them all.

if you like Google Trixie Belden. There are several sites and even some forums.

Teddie

TEDDIE

Too blessed to be stressed!

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2008 :  8:46:59 PM  Show Profile
Teddie, I read some of those books...they were fun!

We come from the earth, we go back to the earth, and in between, we garden!
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2008 :  8:52:44 PM  Show Profile
oh gracious as a kid I lived 2 doors down from the library in our town ....and was every single day that I could be..at the library reading books and checking them out..they had a large collection of Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys, Trixie Belden's and Boxcar Kids books..
I read them all and probably reread them too. I was a voracious reader back then...now though.. with 3 kids I am a magazine junkie..seems that's the only thing I have time for nearly with homeschooling them and chasing a 3 yr old and other things..but yes..I remember Trixie Belden books...loads of fun.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2008 :  9:16:36 PM  Show Profile
Oh I remember Trixie too! I loved them, as well as Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys and the boxcar kids too. My youngest son is just now reading the Boxcar Kids books and all my others have read them. I am going to look for Trixie books though..I don't think my youngest kids have seen them....thanks for the reminder.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2008 :  11:36:03 PM  Show Profile
I loved Trixie!! She and Nancy Drew were my favorites. Of course I read the Hardy Boys too.

Handmade Olive Oil Soap, Lotion Bars, and Prim Treasures - http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com Sign up for my monthly newsletter!

I'm A Rusty Chick!!!
PROUD FARMGIRL SISTER #100
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  12:14:52 AM  Show Profile
YES YES I remember Trixie, I loved those books , then I pretended to be her. Way to much fun. Thanks for the memories
Shirley
Go to Top of Page

lovelady
True Blue Farmgirl

533 Posts

Toni
Indiana
USA
533 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  04:28:48 AM  Show Profile
Oh, I loved those books, too! I thought it was so cool that the Bobwhites had their own clubhouse and they could ride their bikes everywhere it seemed. Girl detectives are always a good read!
Go to Top of Page

Jeanna
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Jeanna
Franklin NC
USA
267 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  05:05:45 AM  Show Profile
I was a Trixie Belden freak when I was young. I can officially say I read every book in the series. She was by far my favorite.

Jeanna
Farmgirl Sister #41

If both of our troubles were hung on a line--You would take yours and I would take mine.
Go to Top of Page

HeathersHeartfeltStitches
True Blue Farmgirl

440 Posts

Heather
Lancaster OH
USA
440 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  05:29:24 AM  Show Profile  Send HeathersHeartfeltStitches a Yahoo! Message
I loved Trixie Beldon. I have read some of her books, My mom saved a few and I read them one summer. Now my mom and her sister saved all of their Nancy Drew's and then gave their collection to me, so now I have 2 sets of 1-60, and they are the old yellow spine ones too

My Etsy.com Storehttp://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5531954
http://heathersheartfeltstitches.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  05:51:29 AM  Show Profile
Trixie was my favorite growing up too. I never really got into Nancy Drew. I wanted to live in the Trixie books, though.

http://plumcreekmama.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

SarahJ
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Shreveport Louisiana
198 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  06:23:55 AM  Show Profile
I loved these books. My grandmother had copies of them at her house, and I would always read them when I came to visit. They have recently been released again with new covers for a whole new generation to enjoy! Check out Amazon, or you bookstore. I just bought 2 more yesterday. At about 7.00 for a hardcover book, they can't be beat!

SarahJ

Farmgirl Sister #116
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  06:34:09 AM  Show Profile
I never saw a Trixie Belden book in my childhood, but a couple of years ago I found a large number of them in a box on the curb. I read them all and enjoyed them. I hear that the creator thought Nancy Drew's adventures were unrealistic and wanted to write about things that were closer to the experience of the average young teen.
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  06:37:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I remember Trixie Belden. All those 'series books' were the mainstay of my childhood...Trixie, Nancy Drew, Cherry Ames. I still have all my Nancy Drew books, too. When I was even younger, I remember reading 'Five Little Peppers' and 'Bobbsey Twin' books.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  07:03:16 AM  Show Profile
Trixie Belden!! I haven't thought of her in years! She was much more fun than the serious Nancy. But, I loved Nancy as well. I read a lot of Trixie books during summer vacations. I think I may still have one here in a box, tucked away. May just have to find it.
How did you fare in the storms Saturday? It looked pretty bad where you are.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  08:36:54 AM  Show Profile
I don't know why but as a kid, I got hooked on the Hardy Boys instead of Trixie or Nancy Drew. Could be that my dad was doing the buying and wishing for a son I guess!! But I loved Frank and Joe Hardy so much!! Gave all those old books to my son recently - they were $1 each new when they wee purchased!! (early 60s)

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

Pearlsnjeans
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Vicki
West Haven Utah
USA
248 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  6:40:47 PM  Show Profile
Yes, I remember Trixie and the Bobwhites. I read them all! Only had one book of my own. Now I'm going to have to go on a hunt to see if I can find it...and of course, read it again.

Thanks for the memory.

Vicki

Farmgirl Sister #120
Farmgirls are elegant
Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  7:02:25 PM  Show Profile
I'm so excited there are others who enjoyed Trixie. I never knew there were so many fans. I guess I thought it was just me my sister and best friend and I who liked them. ( silly me) I read and reread 1-15 and they are now falling apart. I do have about 8-9 of the higher numbers. As I said I'm rereading them. My BFF (Cathy) and I are attending Trixie Camp in July. Yes you heard me right ,there is a group that actually has a camp for trixie fans. This year it is fairly close by in TN. We are really excited. This is what happens when your kids grow up and move out. Cathy and I have been BFF for more than 40 years so we thought we would celebrate by attending camp.

Teddie

TEDDIE

Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  7:03:49 PM  Show Profile
Oh Yeah I forgot. If you are looking for Trixie books there are quite a few on ebay.

TEDDIE

Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2008 :  12:52:38 AM  Show Profile
don't forget to check half.com - it's a division of e-bay but has a separate address.

http://www.half.ebay.com/

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2008 :  09:03:34 AM  Show Profile
I loved Trixie Beldon as a girl! I remember staying up well into the night to finish them! I didn't really know any other women who had read them as girls until this! My daughters don't really like them...they are into Nancy Drew, who I read also, but didn't like nearly as much as Trixie.

Teddie-have fun at camp...it sounds like a great girlfriend thing to do!!

carrie m

www.totallykadeshfarm.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

gafarmwoman
True Blue Farmgirl

244 Posts

Pam
Georgia
USA
244 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2008 :  09:12:24 AM  Show Profile
Oh yes. I loved Trixie. I still have some of the books somewhere I believe. Jenny, you mentioned the boxcar kids. I loved those books too. I think I would like to find the boxcar kids books for my Grandchildren. I remember so clearly my second grade teacher reading from those books and I couldn't wait until the next day for her to get to the next part. I would like my Grandchildren to learn to love books like that too.

You can never have enough friends.
Please come and sit a spell with me at Life on a Southern Farm
http://georgiafarmwoman.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2008 :  09:23:23 AM  Show Profile
I loved Trixie Beldon. My mom surprised me with a box of her books when I was around 13 and I fell in love. I still have some of them. I wish that I still had all of the books that I had as a kid. Then I would be in heave. I am such a book nut. Everytime I buy a new book, my boys are like, not again, mom. Or, Don't you think you have enough books?? I have hundreds upon hundreds of books in my house. I always tell anyone who asks why I have so many books, "If you are a book lover like me, you can never have too many books"

It is such a happiness when good people get together-
and they always do-
Jane Austen- Emma
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2008 :  3:33:22 PM  Show Profile
The name caught my eye, and sure enough, I have Trixie Belden and the Mystery on the Mississippi sitting here on my shelf! It was my mom's when she was a little girl!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Feythe
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Jana
Decatur GA
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2008 :  5:58:29 PM  Show Profile
Teddie, you started a flurry of responses and walks down memory lane with your Trixie Belden books question! I adored Trixie, but most of all, I loved that she had a best friend. My best friend at the time came from a family much more affluent than my own so I could really relate to Trixie and Honey. I also loved that they had horses to ride because my friend's grandfather had a dairy farm where she kept her horse (English jumper) and I rode one of the cow horses, ol' Harley. Lots of good times. I can't believe there's a Trixie Belden camp - gotta look that one up.

I was an avid Nancy Drew fan and read all of them, but had a strict policy, self-imposed, that I didn't read them after 6 PM or I would have bad dreams! I'm pretty sure I read all of the Bobbsey Twin books,too.

I loved The Boxcar Children and the All-of-a-Kind Family books; Cherry Ames, and Donna Parker. I didn't discover the Betsy and Tacy books, or the Anne of Green Gables books until I was an adult, but enjoyed reading all of those, too. Yep, I LOVE books!

Sincerely,
Jana

"The love of learning, the sequestered nooks, and all the sweet serenity of books." - Longfellow

All is Well.
Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2008 :  6:40:38 PM  Show Profile

Jana,
Go to www.barbin.org/trixie/ or googlt Trixie Belden homepage. I think they are still taking money for camp through 4/1. It's up near Cades Cove Tenn. I see you are nearby. Look it up.

TEDDIE

Go to Top of Page

Feythe
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Jana
Decatur GA
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2008 :  6:00:20 PM  Show Profile
Hey Teddie,
I looked up the web site and thoroughly enjoyed browsing. Looks like a great place to stay with other Bob-White club members. Registration has been closed for a while, but it's something I'll bookmark and keep in mind. I've told several friends about it. Let us know how your reunion goes! Wishing you a great experience!

At the moment, I only have one Trixie book, so may have to look for more to re-read next time I'm out antiquing or at a vintage book store. I do love them. Their lives were a lovely window into other kinds of growing up years and parents and siblings and friends other than my own.

Jana

All is Well.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Reading Room: Previous Topic Anyone remember Trixie Belden books? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page