Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Reading Room
 Anyone remember Trixie Belden books?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Anyone remember Trixie Belden books? Next Topic
Page: of 2

KJD
True Blue Farmgirl

402 Posts

402 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2008 :  7:27:15 PM  Show Profile
I have 9 Trixie Belden's on the shelf from my childhood. They sit alongside my Nancy Drew's and Robin Kane...do y'all remember those? And Beany Malone - I just recently completed my collection of all those books, by Lenora Mattingly Weber. Image Cascade publishing has re-issued all those, and many more great old series. I still love reading these books.
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2008 :  7:36:18 PM  Show Profile
yes I remember Trixie Belden and have a vague, very shadowy memory of the name Robin Kane.
But gracious I read every Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys, Boxcar kids, Trixie Belden I could get my hands on back then at age 12..it helped too that I lived only 2 doors down from the library..ha.
There's an old bookstore here that sells the old Nancy Drew books..I'm going to have to see which ones she has and take a read down memory lane soon.
:0)

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2008 :  7:19:07 PM  Show Profile
I have now reread the Trixies up through # 13. My goal is to read all the ones I have before camp. I have 1- 22 inclusive and then6 more of the higher numbers. Hope I can finish before camp!

TEDDIE

Too blessed to be stressed!
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4740 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4740 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2008 :  8:11:35 PM  Show Profile
I loved Trixie Belden, Nancy Drew, The Dana Girls, and The Boxcar Children books too. I read them all! I used to read to my older two sons The Boxcar Children series, they loved them. They are now 26 and 23 years old. I plan to read the series to my 4.5 year old son when he gets a little older. Right now he enjoys books with lots of pictures in them.

It's great to see so many others loved these books as much as I did.
Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

LibraryGirl
Farmgirl in Training

18 Posts

Beth
Mt. Blanchard Ohio
USA
18 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2008 :  07:17:35 AM  Show Profile
Trixie Belden was my absolute favorite when I was a kid! My mom gave me several of her first-edition hardback copies, and I just devoured them. Now the only books I "collect" are the old Trixie Beldens! (My mom like Ginny Gordon, too, but she was too girly for me!)

And I'm green with envy about Trixie Benden Camp!!! Maybe another year...

--Beth
Go to Top of Page

Woodswoman
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Jennifer
Altamont NY
USA
512 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2008 :  5:51:39 PM  Show Profile
I LOVED the Trixie Belden books! I had no idea that so many people were fans! I think I identified more with Trixie than others like Nancy Drew because Trixie was so REAL-she struggled in math just like me!

Jennifer
Farmgirl Sister #104

"Nature brings to every time and season some beauties of its own".
-Charles Dickens
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2008 :  5:56:06 PM  Show Profile
Does anyone remember all the teen books by Betty Cavanna? That was a very long time ago, but they were so enthralling.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

lizbeth
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

Beth
NC
7 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2008 :  08:50:10 AM  Show Profile
I loved Trixie Belden, too. I was so excited to see so many other fans here. I always preferred her over Nancy Drew. I think I just related better to Trixie and Honey. Now, my 13 year old is reading my old TB books for the first time and I am enjoying discussing them with her.

Wear the old coat and buy the new book.
Go to Top of Page

KJD
True Blue Farmgirl

402 Posts

402 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2008 :  7:50:49 PM  Show Profile
Betty,
The name Cavanna didnt sound familiar, so I went to Amazon. The title, 6 on Easy Street did sound familiar, so I checked my "old fashioned teen girl books" shelf, and there it was! I have so many great books there - that genre was wonderful in the 40s-60's - I have a lovely collection and read so many growing up. I'm 45, and I always felt I was born in the wrong time, although I'm sure the Lord knows what He's doing! Fortunately, He brought me to the man perfect for me, who appreciates the same things and we've raised our boys loving classic books, movies and music. They love the same things as we, and manage to be modern at the same time.kjd
Go to Top of Page

rabbithorns
True Blue Farmgirl

544 Posts

Allison
Fort Scott KS
USA
544 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  7:47:50 PM  Show Profile
Several months ago, I passed an perennial yard sale on the road to Safford (arizona) and picked up 4 old books. One was Trixie Belden and the Gatehouse Mystery. Two are Honey Bunch books and the last was Meet Corliss Archer. I just finished the last one and am about to get to Trixie. I was a Cherry Ames, Lennon Sisters, and Bobsey Twins fan. Never read Trixie Belden yet. Glad to see the rave reviews here! But my very faves of all time were the Joy and Pam books. Anyone know those?

http://www.rabbithorns.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2009 :  10:37:15 AM  Show Profile
I loved the Trixie Belden books. We did the pass down, my cousin gave me all of hers and I passed them down to a cousin as well. Wish they had more books like that today for kids to read!!!!
Rae

I love living in the country!!
Go to Top of Page

Ingrid
True Blue Farmgirl

432 Posts

Ingrid
BC
Canada
432 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2009 :  12:23:12 PM  Show Profile
When I was a kid I read all the Trixie Beldon books. My older sisters all had them and my mom got them from the Salvation Army store. I still have them, along with our set of the Bobbsey Twins, The Laura Ingalls books, and lots of other old books. Being the youngest they all came to me. Now both my daughters have read the books and liked them as well.
Memories, aren't they great.
Ingrid

Give thanks to yourself everyday for all the wonderful things you do!
Go to Top of Page

roselake
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Anne
Deerfield OH
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2009 :  5:22:28 PM  Show Profile
The Trixie Belden books were the first "real" books i read. Reading those books got me hooked on reading. My hubby got me a Kindle for Christmas and i named her Trixie in honor of Trixie Belden.
Go to Top of Page

Amy Warwick
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Amy
Oakesdale WA
USA
102 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  11:12:26 AM  Show Profile
I still read Trixie Belden. I even thanked Julie Campbell for her inspiration when I published my first book! I read Trixie to my daughter. I read Hardy Boys to my sons as well, but they don't get the "Golly's and "Gee-wilikers!" Trixie has transcended generations!

Amy

please visit amywarwick.com for more information on Amy's writings and upcoming events.
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  12:37:46 PM  Show Profile
My favorite was the Pam and Penny series and Nancy Drew, although I did read Trixie Belden. I have all of the Nancy Drew books. I also have some by Betty Cavanna. Also, there is a website for the "malt shop" books as they are called. I will try to look it up and see if I can find it. They have so many of the older books from the '50s and '60s. I also used to have the Cherry Ames books and loved them. I wanted to be a nurse so badly. However, when I joined the military after high school, my mom gave all my books away - including all of my Emilie Loring and Grace Livingston Hill books. Luckily, I have slowly been able to build those back up. The website I keep looking at also has the Cherry Ames series and I'm trying to get those back together.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  1:12:41 PM  Show Profile
Kay
Please do share when you find the site. Thank you
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  10:01:27 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I love the Trixie Belden books! I have not read all of them but am working on reading them all!!!!
Maggie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Reading Room: Previous Topic Anyone remember Trixie Belden books? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page