Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 National Workforce Napping Day
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic National Workforce Napping Day Next Topic  

cathy cobblestone
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

cathy
greensburg ky
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2008 :  9:45:20 PM  Show Profile
Well, according to Mary Jane's calendar that I've got proudly hung on my wall, I think today (or yesterday, it's really late here)is National Workforce Napping Day. Whoever heard of such a day? But it sure sounds like a great idea to me! Just wondering if anyone took advantage of it and still had a job at the end of the day? Ha Ha! Don't know about you guys, but this farmgirl never has time to nap - and when I do have a lil' time, I can't sit still. Always have ants in my pants - just gotta be doing something. One of these fine days though, I'm gonna love sleeping and napping till my heart's content but till then I'm gonna keep on LUVING being a hardworking farmgirl and Momma. Hope you all got in a lil' R&R on this special "napping" day. Have a beautiful and happy Thursday! Cathy Cobblestone

www.cobblestonefarms.blogspot.com
www.cobblestonefarmsgiftshop.com

Today is a gift, live it!

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2008 :  9:58:03 PM  Show Profile
napping...I don't think so...have spent the week subbing in 3rd grade. Alot could happen if I took a nap this week!!!! haha

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

vintagegrl
True Blue Farmgirl

280 Posts

Jeanette
NH
USA
280 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2008 :  2:42:35 PM  Show Profile
Oh ladies, I make it a point to have a nap every day. When I wake up from my nap, I feel refreshed and able to continue with my day. I actually get more done. When I worked I would shut my eyes for about 10-15 minutes, everyone knew to leave me alone while I was doing this. Of course my supervisor approved of this and he even would do this, our work always was done correctly and on time and everyone got along. We were able to deal with the stress of our jobs and I attribute some of that to the "power nap". I never underestimate the power of the nap.
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2008 :  9:10:31 PM  Show Profile
Surely wish I could nap at the office...some days I surely could it's so slow, but lately the legal field doesn't seem to slow down...in a slow economy, people love to sue one another for money!!! "Instant wealth!"

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic National Workforce Napping Day Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page