Page: of 2

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  5:17:29 PM  Show Profile
Forewarning: some may be offended by this post.

Remember the movie Calendar Girls, where the ladies bared almost all for a fund raising event? It was a fun movie. One of the local master gardening clubs has done the same, and raised quite a few eyebrows. Ciscoe Morris, a master gardener himself, posted about it this weekend in his gardening column. Unfortunately the link doesn't have the accompaning picture of the month of rainy May: Five ladies of considerable age, wrapped up in cellophane and holding stragically placed gardening books, or clear umbrellas, or gardening tools-along with wearing their gardening clogs and gloves and hats. And I think Ciscoe himself is Mr. November!! He's a funny little older guy. It's a hoot and I think I'm gonna buy it just to be supportive of their fundraising efforts!

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/nwgardens/238948_ciscoe03.html

Here's the link to purchase online:
http://www.kitsapgardens.org/

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****

Edited by - Clare on Sep 07 2005 5:23:15 PM

n/a
deleted

60 Posts

Tammy
Port Orford Oregon
60 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  7:22:28 PM  Show Profile
Clare the movie was cute, and the calendar looks great. I think I need to order one as well.

When I feel spring coming I have to plant or I’ll go crazy!
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  8:43:18 PM  Show Profile
Clare -- I love Cisco. I watch him on Saturday evenings on NW Cable News. He does a half hour gardening program. He's a hoot!

"If you are lucky enough to have a garden, you are lucky enough!"
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2005 :  09:19:31 AM  Show Profile
There have been several other ladies groups throughout the USA that have put together calendars of this nature as fund raisers over the past 7 years. They are so fun and cute. I will have to go look it up to find the web site but the first one I ever saw was done somewhere in the central united states. Since then we have also had the fire fighters calendar here too. Same type of good clean fun raising money to help with the volunteer and regular fire fighters of the area. I will definately have to see this one.
Eileen

Songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2005 :  10:08:17 AM  Show Profile
I am going to get a little racy here girls, Wish there was a hunky farmboy calender out floating around out there...tasteful of course. I have seen some pretty handsome farmboys in my day. Nothing like a strong, good looking man tenderly caring for a baby animal or riding his tractor!

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2005 :  10:26:54 AM  Show Profile
Meadowlark

Maybe MJ can cajole all her farmboys into such a creative endeavor?!!

That would really be branching out now, wouldn't it?

Too funny!

As an aside, here at work someone has hung a 2006 calendar of partially clad young male stud type guys in the ladies room. Personally I prefer men with some age and handsomeness showing! Gotta look at those boys poising every time I go in there, and for another whole year! Geez.

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz

Edited by - Clare on Sep 08 2005 1:48:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2005 :  10:34:41 AM  Show Profile
I totally agree Clare, an older man is definitly sexier. Has to have intelligence and kindness in those eyes! Goalieboy, lets see those pecs! Maybe a pic of you wiping out that thistle with a large scythe!

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2005 :  10:47:25 AM  Show Profile
Hey I'd buy a Farmboys calendar!! Something to hang in my sewing room! Of course, then I'd never get any sewing done!

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2005 :  10:55:14 AM  Show Profile
A farmboy calender..that sounds like one I could use too...I agree though, it would be hard to concentrate on my sewing..
I agree Clare..very hard to get too into the young stud calenders when you could be their mom..at least that is how I feel. Give me Sam Elliot or Dennis Quaid types any day!!!
Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things

Edited by - Aunt Jenny on Sep 08 2005 10:57:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2005 :  11:04:40 AM  Show Profile
Robert Redford in his workshirt and levi's still looks mighty fine! And Tom Selleck!

Go to Top of Page

ThymeForEweFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

705 Posts

Robin
An organic farm in the forest in Maine
USA
705 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2005 :  1:13:25 PM  Show Profile
The men of Calais, Vermont! http://www.vermonty.com/

I love to watch the movie every now and then. I'd do one if the money went to a specific cause I believed in. Nothing vital shows. All parts are tastefully covered.

Clare, don't you feel like you should tell the calendar boys to cover up? I walk into college classes to see tummies, thongs and butts showing and want to say, "Oh Honey! You were too sleepy to see when you got dressed. Run on back to the dorm and put the rest of your clothes on." Now, I have nothing against tummies, thongs and butts. I have nothing against thongs - but I don't show mine - or my tummy or butt - to the world.

Robin
www.thymeforewe.com
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2005 :  1:53:26 PM  Show Profile
I agree Robin, some things are just better off being private.

Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2005 :  5:06:27 PM  Show Profile
Oh I saw the one of Men of maple county and it was really cute. There was a womans group done in a similar way somewhere in the midwest around 2001 but I can't find the info I had. It was really fun. You guys have made me laugh. I have often told my husband that I thought he would make a wonderful pin up. He just thinks I am nuts!
Eileen

Songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2005 :  5:24:50 PM  Show Profile
Oh Yeah -- Robert Redford, Tom Selleck, and definitely Dennis Quaid. How about Harrison Ford and Richard Gere? And then there's George Strait -- the list could go on and on. But I agree with Robin -- some things are better off being private. Just some bare chest, tight blue jeans, a cowboy hat and I'd be happy. Okay, I'm going to go take a cold shower now!

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2005 :  7:20:32 PM  Show Profile
Okay your list Kay...I would buy THAT calender no doubt!! I like the outfit you described too! And you could add Kurt Russell to the list.

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2005 :  7:40:29 PM  Show Profile
Okay, girls, we've seem to have taken a detour here! To get us back on the subject of calendars for fund raisers... Robin said that she would consider posing for such a calendar, because they're always done discreetly. Would you consider doing it, if you knew the funds were going to a good cause?

Edited by - Clare on Sep 08 2005 8:45:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2005 :  07:22:17 AM  Show Profile
Sorry Clare!! But it's MeadowLark's fault for mentioning the Farmboys calendar. LOL!

I would pose for a calendar if it was done discreetly and went to a worthy cause.

Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2005 :  07:39:46 AM  Show Profile
You may be braver than I am, Kay!

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2005 :  10:27:55 AM  Show Profile
I take full responsibility... Yes Clare, I would pose naked for a calender for a good cause...with these stipulations: I would have to pose behind a large compost bin with my head and ankles showing (I have nice ankles), it would have to be on a lovely English country estate like Madonna's, and Clive Owen would be shirtless in the picture posing as the gamekeeper showing me the recent catch of his traps on vermine, and Gerard Butler would be shirtless as a gardener applying mulch to the American beauty roses. If the call comes for this one, I will be there with my garden clogs on!

Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2005 :  3:47:14 PM  Show Profile
How about Sean Connery?

"The gloom of the world is but a shadow; behind it, yet within our reach is joy. Take joy!" Fr.Giovanni
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2005 :  3:51:15 PM  Show Profile
Sean Connery is a professor type/landscape architect off to the side drawing up plans for a new maze/labrinth for the formal gardens wearing a tweed blazer and dark suede pants and riding boots.Ooops, got off topic again...sorry

Edited by - MeadowLark on Sep 09 2005 3:57:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2005 :  5:57:31 PM  Show Profile
Gee Meadowlark, maybe if I had your imagination (and enough vodka in me-- and I don't drink! ), then I just might go for it. But ya know, I don't know anyone who'd pay good money to see me even discreetly nnneeekkkkeed!

Edited by - Clare on Sep 09 2005 5:58:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2005 :  9:01:20 PM  Show Profile
I don't think anyone would pay good money to see me neckeeed either Clare...that is why there would HAVE to be some male eye candy in that pic, and a very large compost bin for me to hide behind.

Go to Top of Page

Jes
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

jes
whitefield me
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2005 :  04:12:21 AM  Show Profile
YES....as long as it was discreet & it would depend on the cause. (I wouldn't bare it for JUST ANYTHING YOU KNOW!)

Harrison Ford would be my first choice for a calender guy....but I'd pin up any of MJ's farmhands....you know...as long as it was for charity. hehe.

Just a Maine Girl
http://sweetpeas.motime.com ~journal
http://sweetpeasme.motime.com ~collective souls....a journal's journey
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2005 :  10:31:58 AM  Show Profile
Meadowlark, I love your imagination! I'd do it, with the right photographer. You can hide a lot especially using the computer. Are we thinking of doing calander ladies?

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2005 :  10:33:03 AM  Show Profile
I'll pick Russel Crow for my calender guy.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Garden Gate: Previous Topic Gardening Calendars Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page