Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 helping Katrina victims with quilts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic helping Katrina victims with quilts Next Topic  

atwell
True Blue Farmgirl

88 Posts

susan
Laporte IN
USA
88 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  1:20:26 PM  Show Profile  Send atwell a Yahoo! Message
Hello Ladies!!
I was just on another chatroom for Longarm quilters.......we were discussing charitable donations for the Katrina Victims. I am unable to give a $$ donation right now, so after the suggestion by another quilter I have busted out no longer used sheets and some fabric yardage and along with my mom( who is on her way to donate blood for the red cross) and am in the process of getting some bedding (QUICK QUILTS DONE!!!) to send to the victims.THESE NEED TO BE FINISHED ITEMS READY TO USE!! QUILTS COMFORTERS AND BLANKETS!!!!!! I have an address if anyone wants to donate clean usable bedding to the cause. This is being run by the people who organize and run the large quilting show/conventions in Houston and Chicago.Please DO NOT USE THE WORD QUILT anywhere on the label....for security reasons!!
Comfort America Project
c/o International Festival
7660 Woodway Suite 550
Houston, TX 77063

FatQuarterQuiltFarm
Long Arm Machine
Quilting ~and~
Fabric Flea Market

Edited by - atwell on Sep 07 2005 1:43:44 PM

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  1:35:23 PM  Show Profile
Susan, Just wanted to clarify: we send bedding and material to this address, and they will make up the quilts to send to Katrina victims, correct? I don't have to send an already made quilt? May I send used bedding that is in good condition, or should only new items be sent? Sounds like a wonderful idea and a comfort to those who shall receive them. Thanks!

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

atwell
True Blue Farmgirl

88 Posts

susan
Laporte IN
USA
88 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  1:40:40 PM  Show Profile  Send atwell a Yahoo! Message
ALREADY MADE QUILTS, COMFORTERS,BLANKETS!!! sorry !!they need stuff thats ready to go now.......It doesnt have to be fancy!!! But it DOES NEED TO BE READY TO USE!!tHANKS!!
SUSAN

LaPorter County Indiana Farmgirls
FatQuarterQuiltFarm
Long Arm Machine
Quilting ~and~
Fabric Flea Market
Go to Top of Page

atwell
True Blue Farmgirl

88 Posts

susan
Laporte IN
USA
88 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  1:56:26 PM  Show Profile  Send atwell a Yahoo! Message
SORRY ABOUT THAT BUT THANKS FOR ASKING!! I,m glad you brought that up!!Anyone can send ME old ,vintage quilt blocks, quilt tops and fabric !!!!!!!Always happy to provide a home for wayward old quilt pieces and parts!!....OR.......Provide machine quilting services for all those unfinished tops!!Winter is coming!!
Get em done Ladies!!!
susan

LaPorter County Indiana Farmgirls
FatQuarterQuiltFarm
Long Arm Machine
Quilting ~and~
Fabric Flea Market
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic helping Katrina victims with quilts Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page