Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Garden Gate
 Organic fruit tree spray in fall?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic Organic fruit tree spray in fall? Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

60 Posts

Tammy
Port Orford Oregon
60 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  10:44:54 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all, I was wondering is there an organic dormancy spray I can use on my fruit trees that is successful with the Peach leaf curl problem? I was told by the grower to spray each fall (three times).

When I feel spring coming I have to plant or I’ll go crazy!

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2005 :  1:57:18 PM  Show Profile
I think that you can spray with dormant oil but you might want to check with your local nursery to be sure.

"If you are lucky enough to have a garden, you are lucky enough!"
Go to Top of Page

amystew
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Amy
Eureka CA
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2005 :  8:27:39 PM  Show Profile
I really like the "fruit tree first aid kit" they sell at GardensAlive.com. It's all organic and works on any number of problems. I use their products on my berries too, with great success. I've met a woman who makes some of the products they sell, and it's really interesting how they use microbes they find in nature to combat pests. Worth checking out.

Gardener, chicken lover, worm wrangler

http://humboldthens.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ByHzGrace
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

348 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2005 :  06:02:40 AM  Show Profile
Leaf curl is a fungal problemo.Did I just type Fun Gal? Nothing fun about it! It lives inside the leaves.You ever heard the saying you got to nip it in the bud? Thats what you got to do here.You are going to have to spray before the new leaves make buds get swelled. If you got it bad you spray this fall after the leaves drop, (i heard tell of those who have bad yield cuz of the curls spraying in winter too, just know you spray anytime with leaves you are wasting time and money and efforts. I don't know the west coast when do they start popping? Like Feb or March?
Are you organic certified? I check with my certifier before we ever apply anything. Lime sulfur would be my first choice to knock out fungus.2 others are bordeaux and copper.
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Organic fruit tree spray in fall? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page