Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 Chore Day/ Chore Week/ Spring Cleaning
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Chore Day/ Chore Week/ Spring Cleaning Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2008 :  4:05:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Normally when our house is up to par and functioning normally I have a "chore day" where I catch up on laundry, do any extra dishes, do my baking.

But this weekend I guess I got a bit slowed down with the snow. The extra transit time to work and back took more time than I thought it did and I am realizing that my spring cleaning is turning out to be a huge process.

I am folding mountains of laundry, cooking lunch for the week, and planning out what I need to get done the rest of the week.

Wow. Anyone else finding that their spring cleaning is getting to the now or never stage? LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com

farminmama
True Blue Farmgirl

63 Posts

Jen
Florida
USA
63 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2008 :  5:50:42 PM  Show Profile
Hang in there Alee. I get like that too. I decided to plan a hiking trip and asked the kids where we should go, they said...the other side of the living room. :-) I guess we should head for the hills...of laundry. :-)

Jen
sweetheart to Harley
mama to 3 beautiful angels...^i^ ^i^ ^i^
farmgirl Sister #151
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2008 :  6:32:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Made lots of progress in the laundry mountain tonight with Doug's help I think I will get it finished tomorrow. I want to get to the point where I can get Nora's toys put away each night right before she goes to bed (as she watches) so she learns that things have a place and need to into their place. Right now she is going to grow up thinking chaos is the norm! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2008 :  8:02:08 PM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
Forgive me. Yes, I am OCD. But I've done my housework the same way ever since I moved out on my own. Sounds kinda crazy at first but then later it starts to really work even applied to spring cleaning.
Monday: Kitchen
Tuesday: Bathroom and Laundry
Wednesday: Bedroom & Put away laundry
Thursday: Grocery and errands
Friday: Living room
Saturday: Laundry
Spring cleaning goes the same way, but by week.
I just try not to fidget too much on the other areas of the house other than tidy up in the evening.
So if you all come over, you can pick which room of the house you want to sit in that's the cleanest

FarmGirl Sister #123

Crafty Bay FarmGirls Chapter

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2008 :  06:17:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well, Spring Cleaning has started in earnest. It is, this year, my pre-moving out day clean as well. Last night I caught up on dishes (you really don't want to know how long THAT took me). I've let DH convert me to a "We can always do it later" mindset when it comes to everyday chores, so I am working really hard on changing that.

Anyway, getting the kitchen clean is a huge feat. I haven't been baking much because of the kitchen being messy and cluttered, but after this morning, it will be a lovely place to spend time.

The only problem, is my house actually is looking like MORE of a disaster than it was before! I am trying to clean out ever nook and cranny and sort through all my belongings to start weeding out "Keep" "Sell" "Toss". As I pull out more stuff to sort, then clean the place where it should go, then these items have to go somewhere...so my living room floor has become my staging area.

I have had a few people drop by unexpectedly this week and I have been mortified. I will be so glad once at least the living room has had it's spring clean makeover finished! Then at least I will be able to open my front door without dying of embarassment! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  12:10:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I had the living room and kitchen all spiffy looking last week, and even had the bathroom clean as well which only left the 3 bedrooms. Well, I thought, since everything is looking up and I have these quilts to finish- I took a couple of days off to work on my quilts and YIKES!

Back to square one.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Chore Day/ Chore Week/ Spring Cleaning Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page