Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Wish/To Do Lists for the Spring Season...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Wish/To Do Lists for the Spring Season... Next Topic  

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2008 :  1:43:08 PM  Show Profile
Do you make your "wish" and "to do" lists this time of year? I sure do...the sunshine gets me all perked up and ready to "do" things inside the house and out!

My list is all over the place...some home projects, other things that I'd like to "buy":

like a grill pan--for when I don't feel like lugging the grill out and wanna make fish!
Here are some others...
*make new garden beds for warm weather crops (soil & lumber)
*keep going on compost pile
*basement fix (Thoroughseal concrete and seal paint!!)
*remove carpet and paint wood floors in living room
*paint inside utility closet with chalkboard paint
*Re-position some perennials outside
*finish up the rain barrels
*clear some of the invasive species in the lower yard and replace with native wildflowers and grasses.
* put up an umbrella style clothes line (so the dogs don't run through your clean stuff!!!)

What about you? Have any to do lists started?

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/

Edited by - KYgurlsrbest on Mar 06 2008 1:48:35 PM

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2008 :  1:48:18 PM  Show Profile
Jonni, you are going to have a wonderful, busy Spring! I am going to re-landscape my front yard! My list is made and DH and I were going over it last night! Love to be outside.

Hugs, Maryjane Lee
Farmgirl Sister #44

The Beehive Cottage~est. 1971
Sisters on the Fly #595
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2008 :  1:54:06 PM  Show Profile
Sounds great, Mary Jane--and quite an undertaking! Make sure to take before during and after photos to show us your progress!!!!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2008 :  3:57:27 PM  Show Profile
Our to-do list builds over the winter as problems or ideas arise.

First thing, we have to jack up the back of the house and replace the floor, put in something of a foundation and do something with the ground to prevent run-off from coming in under the house back there. The house was built without a foundation and the floor at the back of the house sits right on the ground and is totally rotted out. Big project but it HAS to be done.

I'm putting in more raised veggie beds. Put new plastic on the greenhouse. Adding more dirt, sand and manure to my herb garden project. Moving the compost pile. Digging up and separating strawberry plants as the current patch is too crowded. Add another line to my "solar clothes dryer" (haha). Patch the roof, severely trim the fruit trees, put in another rock pathway. Finish the big pond/irrigation system. Plant forsythia bushes and all the fruits and veggies.

If we can come up with the funds, we'll be building a new fence around the place. The old one is falling apart. And if we find enough cheap windows to complete our "real" greenhouse we might get that built. We have quite a collection of windows already. We only need a few more of the right size.

We also have to bring in more firewood for the next burning season. But that's a given; that's really a normal yearly chore.

Every year when I look at our list it makes me wonder how we ever have enough time to get all of our projects and chores done in time for winter. Does it seem that way for you gals, too?

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9388 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9388 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2008 :  6:05:36 PM  Show Profile
Lisa--That is quite a job to do! I can't imagine having to jack up the house.

I am gearing up as I just get in the mood to do things when the sunshine is showing up more often and I can hang clothes out. When I'm hanging them out I can look around and see things that need to be done.
There's always lots, mainly cleaning up from things that were left over winter. Cleaning the yard of wood chips from stacking and such. Mostly, I think it is Spring cleaning the yard and house. Of course there is the garden too.

farmgirl sister #43

Kind hearts are gardens
Kind thoughts are roots
Kind words are blossoms
Kind deeds are Fruits

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Wish/To Do Lists for the Spring Season... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page