jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2008 :  4:43:59 PM  Show Profile
Okay, I know I am really behind the times on techy things. So help! I started a blog (Jeannie's Place) and have spent so much time this afternoon/evening trying to put a photo there. I have tried importing it from photobucket, and from my computer, and to no avail. I have gone into my computer internet options and lessened the security....and please understand that I am not real computer savvy (to say the least).

How do you all make such wonderful, photo filled blogs? Is it my ancient computer or my ancient mind?

I feel if I really want to truly simplfy my life and get back to basics, I should leave all this computer stuff behind! :)

Jeannie

Farmgirl Sister # 31

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Mar 02 2008 4:47:46 PM

22shortie
True Blue Farmgirl

329 Posts

rebekah
sulphur la
USA
329 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2008 :  4:47:00 PM  Show Profile
what kind of computer is it? It shouldnt be too old to upload pics if you can surf the net on it. If the picture has not been downsized it might take a little while for Blogger to resize it so you might wanna give it more time to load. What does it do when you try to upload???

Check out my latest projects and all the news from my chaotic little world!

http://pumpkinseed-unscripted.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

777 Posts

Lea
TN
777 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2008 :  4:53:32 PM  Show Profile
Jeannie, are you using blogger (blogspot)?

Blessings, Lea
www.farmhouseblessings.blogspot.com
www.farmhouseblessings.etsy.com
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2008 :  8:33:28 PM  Show Profile
Yep, blogspot is easier than wordpress, I think. You don't have to worry about the photobucket issues.

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com
www.pumpkinpatchparlor.etsy.com

And Blogs:
agriculture: www.bigtownfarmer.blogspot.com
art: www.queenofcrows.blogspot.com
animals: www.big-luv.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2008 :  8:40:48 PM  Show Profile
I am using blogger (blogspot), and the tutorial makes it sound easy and says you can choose an icon to place a photo, but when I do, it says it has a wrong url address or it just gives me a ! message. I have Windows 97, and it is dial-up, but I can still use photobucket and have posted photos eon the MJF site. I keep thinking it is some sort of internet option I have set that is keeping it from working.

here is my blog: www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Be prepared - it is boring! :)

It soes not sound like you all have any problems! Guess I will keep trying different things. When you post a photo, do you work from a CD in your computer, or from jpegs on your hardrive?

Farmgirl Sister # 31

Edited by - jpbluesky on Mar 02 2008 8:44:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

777 Posts

Lea
TN
777 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  07:58:07 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jeannie ~
I visited your blog and I think you are using the wrong photobucket line of code for blogger. Let's try this:

When you go to photobucket, there are 4 different lines of codes for each photo. For blogger, you need to use the HTML line ~ it is the 3rd line of code. Just copy the entire line of code, paste it in your post and hopefully that will work for you.

Don't forget to size your photos on photobucket before you post it. To do that, just click on the photo in your album that you want to resize. That will bring that particular photo up in a screen all by itself. Then click on the resize button tab at the top of the photo. For blogs, I choose the 3rd option down ~ it is called Website/Email. This size works perfectly for a post.

I'm also new to blogging and am still learning. Hope I haven't left anything out. But since I use both blogger & photobucket as well, I thought I might be able to help.

Give a try and let me know. I'll check back in later this afternoon to see. Best wishes ... you're off to a great start! Now I want a pot roast for dinner! LOL

Blessings, Lea
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot

Edited by - farmgirl blessings on Mar 03 2008 08:24:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

gafarmwoman
True Blue Farmgirl

244 Posts

Pam
Georgia
USA
244 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  08:07:56 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jeannie,
I also have dial-up and it took me a while to catch on to blogging. 4 months ago I didn't know what a blog was.
What works for me is I have a photo explosion software that I use to resize my photos before I upload them on the blogger site. Then it doesn't take so long to upload. There are different photo editing softwares, this was a free one that came with my printer. I also use Picasa web album. You can download Picasa from google. When you upload the photos to the web album it has a blog this now on Picasa that will insert the photo on the blog site and your blog post at the same time. I hope I didn't confuse you.
You will get it, I am sure. It just takes getting use to. Good luck.

You can never have enough friends.
Please come and sit a spell with me at Life on a Southern Farm
http://georgiafarmwoman.blogspot.com

Edited by - gafarmwoman on Mar 03 2008 08:09:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  12:31:47 PM  Show Profile
This is a BIG help! Thank you both so much.

I did it, with your help!!!! Two photos are on the blog - one is cut in half, but when resizing it, it did not change. Will keep trying and thank you again for your help on the HTML thing!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

Edited by - jpbluesky on Mar 03 2008 1:09:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  2:24:10 PM  Show Profile
Yep, sometimes the photo thing can be a pain

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com
www.pumpkinpatchparlor.etsy.com

And Blogs:
agriculture: www.bigtownfarmer.blogspot.com
art: www.queenofcrows.blogspot.com
animals: www.big-luv.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

777 Posts

Lea
TN
777 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  3:47:49 PM  Show Profile
Your photos look just great, Jeannie! Love the apron you're wearing. And what is that flowering bush behind you? It is gorgeous!

Though I'm not very computer saavy either, I'd be glad to help you if you need help with your blog. You're doing a really nice job.

Blessings, Lea
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  4:47:01 PM  Show Profile
Lea - you are so sweet! That bush behind me is a camellia. That photo was taken when I had the MJF dollies visiting......it may have been early spring of 2006. My hubby took the photo of me on the porch with the MaryJane and Meggie Rae dolls. Thank you for helping me so much! I may be asking more questions as I learn.
Jeannie

Farmgirl Sister # 31

Edited by - jpbluesky on Mar 04 2008 08:58:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

777 Posts

Lea
TN
777 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  5:08:24 PM  Show Profile
You are quite welcome, Jeannie. I'm going to have look for one of those bushes if it will grow in our climate. It is so lovely. And I'll be around if you need more help!

Blessings, Lea
Go to Top of Page

gafarmwoman
True Blue Farmgirl

244 Posts

Pam
Georgia
USA
244 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  5:17:51 PM  Show Profile
Jeannie, I thought your pictures was good too. The camilla bush is beautiful. Has it bloomed that pretty this year too? Good luck on your photos. I'll be glad to try and help you too. I have done a lot of trial and errors on my learning how to post photos.

You can never have enough friends.
Please come and sit a spell with me at Life on a Southern Farm
http://georgiafarmwoman.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  5:54:53 PM  Show Profile
This year our camellias have been more beautiful than ever! They began to bloom in the late fall, and are still going strong!

Now I am going to visit your blogs!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2008 :  07:12:03 AM  Show Profile
Question - when you visit my blog are some of the photos huge and cut in half? That is how I am seeing them when I visit the blog site. If so, I need to resize them on my photobucket space. Thanks again for the help!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Blogging Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page