JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  11:45:01 AM  Show Profile
Autumn's wedding budget post gave me an idea. I'm willing to bet that a lot of us have been to weddings that made us cringe for one reason or another. Since I have a terrible mean streak (), I love to hear these kinds of wedding horror stories. Does anyone have some they'd like to share?

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  11:58:50 AM  Show Profile
I went to one a couple of summers ago (they have already divorced) where the bride was in a traditional white wedding gown, and the groom was wearing a shirt with the sleeves ripped out - NO LIE!!!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

Peanut
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jennifer
Waverly Virginia
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  12:01:42 PM  Show Profile
I went to one where the bride chased off a dis-invited bridesmaid with a broken beer bottle.

My new blog! http://thecottonwife.wordpress.com/

"What is a farm but a mute gospel?"
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  12:06:03 PM  Show Profile
I hate to admit it but my sons wedding was pretty tacky, it wasn't what or where he wanted it but.....This wedding was held at the mother of the brides mothers "ranch", she didn't want strangers in her house so they had to have an outhouse brought in, then the reception tent and ceremony site were set up on a slope full of gopher holes. The dance floor had such a slope to it that if you stood on it in stocking feet you could slide on it without trying. People sitting on the uphill side of a table had to hold their plates so they didn't end up in the lap of the person across from them and the chairs kepts sinking into the gopher holes. The MOB thought it would be nice to have a horse and carriage there for rides, well horses leave poop and it was all over. And the MOB was wearing this dress that should have only been worn by a much younger slimmer girl, someone thought she was a lap dancer. I was really happy when this day was over.
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  12:13:58 PM  Show Profile
The New-Age / No Class Wedding
The bride and groom were my husband's co-workers, and we occasionally went out with them socially. She had been married before, but she still had the long, white beaded dress, veil, bridal shower, etc., explaining that she was very young the first time she married (she had been in her 20's) so "it didn't really count." She also continuously compared the two weddings. Things like, "I got so many nicer gifts at this shower than I did at my last one," and "This reception is going to be so much more fun than my first." While the groom was very conservative, she was kind of new-agey. They got married in a Lutheran church, but the service included a lot of strange readings from new age literature. I remember one that involved something about the eternal love that dragons have for each other because dragons are immortal, and another about lovers eating from the same loaf of bread but never the same slice. They wrote their own vows. Hers invoved witches and warriors and went on for about half an hour. She had written them on yellow legal sheets and kept them folded in the cleavage of her dress, then at the right time reached her hand down the front of her dress and fished them out. His took about 10 seconds and went something like, "I promise to stay married to you as long as we both want to stay married." The matron of honor's teenage children were involved: one sang an off-key rendition of "In My Life," and forgot the words halfway through, then burst into tears and had to be coaxed back to finish it. The other two, a boy and a girl, sang an Irving Berlin duet, complete with dance moves, and the boy was wearing a top hat and tails. It looked like a high school madrigals production. The same kids drank up most of the wine at the reception and spent the evening crashing into the people on the dance floor and knocking things to the floor. The bride spent most of the reception outside, smoking.
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  12:19:37 PM  Show Profile
My step-sister had a fight between groomsmen at her reception, and the cake got knocked over.

My cousin's new wife called for a pot-luck wedding, last minute. She is the laziest ever! She is Navajo, and all her family will ever make or bring to family functions is some nasty smelling traditional goat stew and fry bread, which is ridiculous, because white flour was given to navajos by the white man, on the road to reservations, so it isn't actually traditional. I made pasta salad for 200, with no thank you, so she got the cheapest wedding gift I ever gave. The day of her wedding, her mother, the most evil woman I have ever met, told my Aunt, the nicest, hardest working woman I have ever met, that they ran out of $ and we would have to go buy centerpieces for the tables. The night before my aunts made 7 turkeys, 3 hams, gallons of potato salad, etc. My aunt, who usually doesn't stand up for herself did, and so the tables were bare.

I totally forgot the best one ever!! My best friend from college dropped out because she got pregnant, and married this dead beat guy who was about 12 years older than us, which is a lot of years when you are 18. There was a lot of alcohol involved, and near the end, her new husband started beating up his own brothers. Apparently the fight was over their 80 year old grandma. See, whoever got grandma, got her social security and tribal check. Yea.

I love any wedding show, but especially, my big fat redneck wedding. Even DH will watch that one. The dresses are the best. And nothing is prettier than a smoking bride.

Farmgirl Sister #91
Make cupcakes not war!

Edited by - one_dog_per_acre on Feb 27 2008 11:23:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  12:22:33 PM  Show Profile
Jessie WIns....sort of :) The part about the dragons, is my favorite.

Farmgirl Sister #91
Make cupcakes not war!

Edited by - one_dog_per_acre on Feb 26 2008 12:24:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

LunaTheFarmLady
True Blue Farmgirl

448 Posts

Luna
Rineyville KY
USA
448 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  12:36:23 PM  Show Profile
thanks for a great laugh ladies...this was hysterical...I don't have any stories to share but loved them all. This sounds like a great idea for a collection book to me or a tv show....America's Worst Wedding videos...tonight at 8!

Luna
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  12:55:14 PM  Show Profile
I've been to weddings I thought could have been much better....my cousin Dawn's rings a bell, but I don't think they were NEAR as terrible as any of these mentioned!!!! The singer at the church sang so terribly that my little Gran, Helen, turned to me and said, "I'm turning her OFF" and turned down her hearing aids :) Then they took a horse and buggy from the church to the reception which was about 5 miles, so it took like, 3 hours for them to get to the reception, and noone could eat or do anything before they arrived and then, because she had taken a lot qualudes or muscle relaxers to be less nervous, she fell getting down out of the "white Chariot"... They divorced a year later.

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  12:58:15 PM  Show Profile
In Bonne's words,"BWAAAA! BWAAAAAAAAAA!"

Don't let our's turn out like this!!!!!
BWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAA!
These are hysterical!!! Every one of them!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  2:04:27 PM  Show Profile
Dang these are great!!

Kathy.. i have some great Visuals! but if you could post some pictures.. Girl this would be too awesome!!
Comic relief is just too good for words sometimes!!

Autumn.. Wasn't THIS just the ticket for a Stress releiver??

ok.. MINE was pretty tacky.. but there were some ligitimate reasons.. & some just ignorant people involved..!

I got married in 1977.. I was 16. yes.. that was right.. Sixteen years old.. & to answer the question.. nope.. NOT pregnant.. just wanted to.. & very Stupid .. my husband was 18.. & next Question..
Yes.. we ARE still married.. Although at times.. I wonder How he's managed to stay alive this long.. Really..
ANYWAY!!
My mother didn't want me to get married of course.. what a completely stupid Idea of me.. after all.. What was she..? 15..? 16.. when she made the leap herself..?.. But since I was the oldest child.. & always had been in a 'motherly role' in my house.. & my Mom was a single Parent.. i was pretty ready to be out & on my own.. As far as I was concerned..
So.. Since i needed someone to sign for me.. My father.. being divorced from my Mother.. was going to be more then happy to oblige..
Yes.. detecting a bit of spite there?
So.. Mom agreed to sign..
But dad agreed to give me away at the wedding..
WHICH My Future husband & I had NO help what's so ever in planning!!
Because since NO one approved.. they must have decided that if they just didn't help or assist.. maybe it would all be so hard for us.. It would just all go away or something..!
So.. My husband to be & I bought my dress at a Young Womans clothing store.. (It was around Prom time..) the store was called Suzie's Casuals.. Remember these? & the dress cost us all of $40.00.. wasn't quite white.. But an off White.. Worked well enough I thought..
& was very pretty.. No veil or train of course..
So.. as we are at My husbands apartment in Illinois.. friends & family start showing up.. My Dad & his clan arrive..
Dad was a Nervous wreck.. & Drunk.. the day was young.. so he was
in pretty good shape.. He was decked out in a new Black Leisure Suite..
Black Cowboy Boots.. & A Snazzy Slide/Bolo Tie.. yes.. My Dad..
As we are driving to the Church.. all in several cars.. My Husband To Be & My Cousins Husband stop along the way.. So.. We ALLL Stop.. he runs into a Florist.. & Runs Back out..
Hands a Bouqet to one of My Brothers to bring to me.. Yes..
Last Minute Thought.. But again.. Another Thing WE had to take care of ourselves..

Upon arriving at the Church My Dad & I are in a room waiting..
He decided his Cold feet are stronger then the need to one up My Mother!
( Who I failed to tell was wearing a Mini Dress..)
& proceeds to try to talk me OUT of getting Married Now!
NOT because he felt it was the thing to do!
But because HE was SO extremely sickened at the idea of having to walk down the isle himself!! Yes.. my Dad..!
A Few Seconds later.. my Grandmother & Great Grandmother come in because they can hear my Dad & I Arguing..
(I am trying to make him Close the window! i KNOW he will hurt himself if he tries to jump from that Height.. Drunk or not!)
My Great Grandmother says.. "Wear Is Your Veil?"
I tell her I don't have one.. & explain the whole Dress ordeal..
She takes out her Hankie from he sleeve.. Which i KNOW She USES!!
EEWWW! I proceeds to Pin it on top of my head! She says.."you HAVE to have something on your head!"
a second later my ONLY female cousin Pam comes in.. She is just over 3 years older then me.. & through out my life could be one of two things for me.. my complete & utter savior at just the right time.. or.. A complete and awful nightmare at the worst time at my life.. today.. she was turning into the 1st.. She says.. "do you have something blue?" I said "What?" She said "Trade me earings.. Mine are blue.. this way you have the something Blue.. & the something borrowed covered..!"
& My Other Grandmother took off a necklace & let me wear it.. It was a Brand new one that she had just bought for the wedding.. so.. she says "There.. this is your something new.. .. & Mom's Hankie is your something old..!" my Dad the whole time was swearing up a blue streak & saying he just couldn't do this..
My Grandmothers gave him a rash of grief of course.. finally he shut up..
A few minutes later..
one of my brothers came in & said ther Best Man still isn't here.. But they have a replacement..So we were ready..

FINALLY Dad & I walked Down the isle.. With me Gripping his arm.. I'm sure must have looked like I was nervous.. but it was because he was STILL wanting to turn around!!

WAY too many people were crying..
& for ALL the wrong reasons..
My Sister Kelly who is 10 years younger then I am.. kept yelling at my husband during the service..
I secretly think my Mother encouraged her..
The Minister was in a Wheelchair.. So although we aren't Catholic..
We had to kneel.. on a Very uncomfortable wooden Floor.. Out of Courtesy..

( We found out later the the best man Who was My husbands closest cousin & their best friend Had Missed the city by about 4 or 5 cities..
wound up in the next State.. rented a Hotel room.. In OUR Names..
Trashed the place.. Drunk of course..& acted like total idiots!)

No reception had been planned.. we had done about as well as we could to organize the church..& the blood work..& as much as we did really.

But apparently our Parents.. ( Mothers were feeling a bit embarressed.. or the heat from the rest of the family..) For not having had done more.. ANYTHING really..

So MY Mother stopped at Kentucky Fried Chicken on the way back to Our Apartment for food for everyone..
Yes.. They were ALL coming over...!
& My husbands Mother Stopped at the Grocery store & picked up a last minute cake!

The Maid of Honor & the Best Man was My Cousin Pam.. & her Husband Randy.. Seemed to try to pull things together for us a bit here now too....

My Dad ended up getting SO beligerently drunk.. we could hardly get him to leave.. We did NOT have a Honeymoon..
Nor We Didn't GO anywhere..
So there we sat the night of our wedding..
Playing Monopoly with all my brothers & sisters there at our Apartment until my Step Mother could talk My Dad into finally leaving for their Hotel Room..!
& Even THEN it was So late.. We just went straight to sleep..
& were woke up to that crazy man pounding on the door at 7am.. wanting breakfast.. i THINK this was his idea of being funny maybe.... ?
not Sure. I DO know though that of his Four Daughters..
I am the Oldest.. Am the only one that he ended up giving away at her wedding.. so.. he must have really been traumatized by my wedding!!!

ok.. well sorry.. yes.. i KNOW that was really long & drawn out Girls!
But..
I think it JUST may fall in the line here & there of a Tacky Wedding..
& what parts of it doesn't make ya want to cry..
SHOULD make you want to laugh so hard that you DO cry!!

So.. Go ahead.. have a giggle at my wedding..
I'm good with it..!

Kathie.. Farm Girl Sister #29

"In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself"..

Edited by - Kathie on Feb 28 2008 06:19:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

LunaTheFarmLady
True Blue Farmgirl

448 Posts

Luna
Rineyville KY
USA
448 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  2:18:30 PM  Show Profile
I love it! Style is completely in attitude and you are in the highest place.

Luna
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  2:19:34 PM  Show Profile
I can't quit thinking about the hankie. ick
Kathie, that should be a movie.

Farmgirl Sister #91
Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  2:47:07 PM  Show Profile
I think you guys could write a book about your stories!! I think the funniest wedding I attended of a friends...the photographer was wearing black short shorts and fishnet stockings. It was a formal wedding and we didn't know who this woman was. When the bride was walking down the aisle, I took a photo with my camera, just like everyone else. She came up to me (while the bride was coming up the aisle) to tell me not to take photos! Everyone is looking and it was caught on video. I didn't even have my bigger camera. I just started giggling and said "umm, there's the bride, shouldn't you be taking some photos and not blocking the aisle??" Everyone else got to giggling too. She ended up not getting any photos of the bride coming up the aisle that looked good, so the one photo that the bride, my friend, got was the few I took.

Have you guys seen the cakes made up of donuts or snack cakes?? I've seen photos online but never in person.

Keep the stories coming girls!!

~Jessica in Kentucky & Farmgirl Sisterhood #137~
Be sure to visit my blog & Crafty Clipart for some of my photographs:
http://bluegrassprincess.blogspot.com/
http://www.craftyclipart.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  5:17:12 PM  Show Profile
I was thinking about my former co-worker today, after this subject was brought up. She married the same man....wait for it....3 times. That's right, married 3 times, divorced 3 times...Oh. I'm sorry, the LAST time, they were getting divorced and he had a massive corornary and died...so married 2 times and then a widow. Each time (she married him), she said the wedding got bigger and bigger because he was trying to "keep" her...but he also had his "on the side" chicky at the service and reception, unbeknownst to her. He apparently was just a total womanizer and a complete alcoholic, but for whatever reason she continued to marry him. Ok, that's not tacky, just sad. I was just thinking how much her life reminded me of My Name is Earl...in fact, I read some of these to Jus and he said that they were something like the show My Name is Earl stole :)

Kathie, you are great! And you know what, girl, still married!!! How freakin cool is that?
Thanks for your honesty--I'm glad that you can say, this was what it WAS, and now this is what it IS.

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  9:44:01 PM  Show Profile
Kathie my chickie!!! YOU win the prize!!!!! That was
a Montel Williams wedding at its finest!!!! Please post a picture! awesome!!!!!! I'm gonna laugh about that one forever!!! Hugs my dear friend!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  10:06:40 PM  Show Profile
Kathie, after I read your story, I had to go in and wash my hair.

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  10:21:09 PM  Show Profile
We went to a wedding/reception where the groom never showed. His Daddy got him "fall down drunk" to stop the ceremony. I heard they hid him from the bride's Dad & brothers for a couple of days after.

Once it was determined the groom was a no show, the family ripped open the trays of chicken & said "Let's eat!, no use wasting good food". Groom's uncle pried open the gift card "wishing well" to hand cards back, and the very pregnant maid of honor was serving drinks with dollar "tips" she'd earned poking from her ample cleavage.

The grooms dad finally showed up REALLY drunk, flirted shamelessly with his ex-wife , telling her she "looked dam* good, I shoulda kept you", in front of his then wife and all the guests. Later he was seen outside relieving himself on the tire of his monster mudder pick-up truck.

I'd say the poor bride...but she was stomping and swearing and carrying on in front of everyone. The "pastor" assured her that if the groom showed up, he'd marry them "drunk or not".

I had to DRAG my husband (a quiet, gentle man) out of there...he was laughing so hard and wanted to see "what was going to happen next"! I assumed it would end in a brawl...

When trying to leave we got stuck in the parking lot in a foot of snow...turns out they weren't the sort of folks who think about things like plowing.

It was like a bad, bad movie! I still cringe when I think about it.

Oh my I am still laughing at your stories... the reams of yellow legal paper in the bosom and immortal dragons was just toooooo much!

Rhonda

I will sing at the top of my lungs, and I will dance even if I'm the only one...

http://www.kattywhompus.etsy.com

Edited by - abbasgurl on Feb 26 2008 10:43:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  11:45:48 PM  Show Profile
The Ice Queen
My husband was the best man in this wedding. Everything started off on the wrong foot when Bridezilla scheduled the wedding photos on a weekday a week before the actual wedding. She said she wanted to look her best for the photos and not feel hurried during the photo shoot. At the time, we lived out of state and my husband couldn't take the extra time off to make a trip back just for photos. So, the best man is in none of the wedding photos. There was also a lot of animosity between Bridezilla and groom's family. One of the groom's sisters is morbidly obese, and Bridezilla didn't want her to attend the wedding, saying that the sister was too large to be dressed appropriately for the event.
Bridezilla also assigned duties to the wedding guests. If you were in town the night before, you had to attend a meeting with an agenda and everything to go over your responsibilities. If you came the day of the wedding, it was written in the inside of your program. I was assigned to church-decorating duty and had to give a presentation on how to get from the church to the Chinese restaraunt where the reception was being held. Considering I was from out of state, it was probably not the best assignment for me. I basically read out loud a printed page from Mapquest. People were even assigned roles of "birdseed thrower" or "balloon holder." BT's were to throw birdseed when the bride and groom left the church, while BH's were to let helium balloons go as they ran past. Church decorations included white Christmas lights wrapped in tulle, a hundred helium balloons, 2 50-candle candleabras, and 2 10-ft tall hollow plastic columns with gigantic vases of fake orchids balanced on the top. The pastor ultimately vetoed this last decoration because they wobbled precariously whenever anyone moved near the altar. Bridezilla wept when we put the vases on the floor in front of the columns instead because we ruined the whole asthetic. When the groom shouted, "We can't suspend the laws of gravity for you!" I knew we were in for a long weekend.
The wedding ceremony itself was pretty run-of-the-mill, except for the lack of a kiss (see below). There was a 4-hour gap between the end of the wedding and the beginning of the reception because Bridezilla had purchased 2 wedding dresses - 1 to wear during the ceremony and 1 to wear to the reception. She needed the 4 hours to go back home, change clothes, and have her hair and makeup professionally redone. During the break, most people went out to eat and then arrived at the reception already full (in my case and the cases of half of the bridal party, full of margaritas from Carlos O'Kelly's!). Bridezilla became infuriated when she saw people were not eating as much as she thought they should be and took the microphone away from the karaoke machine and shouted, "Eat! Eat!" at us all. She explained that the meal was a 10-course traditional Chinese meal and that we were disrespecting her culture by not eating it.
She is Vietnamese - not Chinese.
The weirdest part was that Bridezilla refused to kiss the groom. When the pastor said, "You may now kiss the bride," she coldly offered her cheek to her new husband. It was so obvious that a nervous giggle erupted from the guests. The groom looked panicked at first but then kind of hammed it up, shrugging and kissing her cheek with a lound smacking sound. She still refused to kiss her husband at the reception. When people clinked their glasses with their silverware, she took the microphone and said that instead of clinking glasses, we had to sing a song with the word "love" in it. Several of the groom's elderly aunts stood up and did an absolutely adorable acapella version of "Let Me Call You Sweetheart," but Bridezilla changed the rules...now we had to kiss our parter first and then she would kiss the groom. Well, at that the groom's dad grabbed his wife, dipped her right to the floor, and put a smack on her that made the windows vibrate! Everyone cheered, but Bridezilla still wouldn't kiss her groom. People actually started booing her.
There was karaoke, but no alcohol, so nobody really wanted to sing. Bridezilla started calling on people and making them serenade her. She picked the person and the song. (I had to sing, "The Gambler" with the wedding party.) One of the bridesmaids and I developed an instant rapport, and she told me that neither she nor any of the other bridesmaids were Bridezilla's friends. She told me that Bridezilla had wanted bridesmaids but didn't have any friends to fill the role, so she asked the groom's female friends to be bridesmaids. Bridezilla had to pay for their dresses and, for one bridesmaid, plane fare and hotel room before they would agree to it.
Unbelieveably, they are still married 7 years later.
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2008 :  06:02:11 AM  Show Profile
"HELP! I've fallen and can't get up!"
Ya'll are killing me!!! I recover from one story only to read another!!! This is hilarious!!!
Kathie- we have more in common than you know. If I ever get more than a minute to check in here Ill tell our story so you can have a good laugh!I-like you married young and 34 yrs ago!! Yikes- I am only 50!!!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

palmettogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

571 Posts

sue
camden south carolina
USA
571 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2008 :  06:22:38 AM  Show Profile
let me start with BEFORE the wedding....my brother-in-law was introduced to a friend's cousin who had been jilted (like two weeks before going to the alter) a few months prior. anyway, after three dates (3 weekends/or/two weeks) he was getting married to her. she kept everything the same as planned for her wedding that didn't take place. in fact, she told everyone in our family that she was registered at.... and macy's. when aunt joan went to purchase a gift, she told the sales girl....Gebel and Rosenblum wedding. (my brother-in-law was Rosenblum!) the woman could only find Gebel and Smolinsky-----the bride forgot to change the name to the NEW Groom!
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2008 :  06:34:30 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
I went to one that I worked with the chick at the restaurant. WELL her fiance cheated on her with a 15 year old he met on the internet and did more than just hold hands. He was convicted and served jail time cause she lied about her age...They got married but NOONE wanted to go to the wedding, there were a few of us that said ok we'll go support her. Her mother and father abused her as a child wouldn't give her food and her bro or let her out or they would lock the phone in the bedroom so she couldn't use it. The mom looks like a hooker and cheats all the time and then the father was just mean. It was so sad....I mean picture trashy, bad vibe wedding. We tried to keep upbeat for her. That is her choice, but they can't have kids because of his registration. There were probably 30 people there at the reception.

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."
http://liggygirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggygirlslonggreen.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2008 :  06:51:55 AM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh!!! This has been the funniest thread ever!!!! What a wonderful way to start the day!!! laughing my bum off!!!! Thank you!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2899 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2899 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2008 :  07:07:10 AM  Show Profile
I hate to admit it, but last night, coincidentally, I was flipping through channels in order to avoid the CLinton/Obama debate, & came upon "My Big Redneck Wedding" on CMT.. The fabric of choice for the brides seems to be camo, and activities like catching a greased pig and mud hopping in trucks were abound. On bride had false teeth & lost her teeth right before the wedding.. OK, I admitted it, I watched it. C'mon you guys!! It's February! Cabin fever on a broke budget!
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2008 :  07:07:50 AM  Show Profile
If you've never visited it, I highly suggest that anyone enjoying this post checks out www.uglydress.com. It is one of the funniest sites I have ever visted.
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2008 :  07:07:53 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
Ok I read all this morning but Jessies. OMG can you even imagine. Kathy yes yours is like a movie and a book!!! You really should think about it. Now I'm thinking of my big fat greek wedding. Oh girls how you always make my day and my smiles!!!

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."
http://liggygirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggygirlslonggreen.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Tacky Weddings Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page