Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 Hello from southern Oregon coast
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from southern Oregon coast Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

60 Posts

Tammy
Port Orford Oregon
60 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2005 :  1:15:51 PM  Show Profile
I recently purchased my first copy of Mary Jane’s Farm girl magazine. I haven’t been able to put it down.

It’s been such a nice walk down memory lane. When I was growing up I spent most of my summers and holidays on my grandparents farm in Rumsey, Ca. My Mother, sister and I lived in the city. I always had this feeling to get out of the city and move back to the country.

About three years ago we accomplished it. We don’t have dirt roads in town, but the population size is about 1200. It’s wonderful and I don’t plan on going back to the hustle and bustle of my young adult life.

I hope this posting finds everyone in good health and spirits. God Bless you all.

I have lived in the country and in the city; it doesn’t matter. The earth and the love of growing things have always been in my heart. I am one of those farmgirls who can feel spring coming and if I don’t plant I’ll go crazy!

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2005 :  1:42:42 PM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
Hi!!!! I'm Julia from Oregon! So nice to meet you - seems to be quite a few Oregonians here! I'm married, have three girls and live close to Portland.

Julia
BlueApple Farm
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

60 Posts

Tammy
Port Orford Oregon
60 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2005 :  2:03:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi Julia, I live in Port Orford, Oregon. It's about 1 1/2 hours North of the California border.

I live on 6 acres, I have one daughter (15 1/2), chickens, cats, dogs, and a vegetable garden. It's so great! I love it here.
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2005 :  2:27:11 PM  Show Profile
!!!!! Hi, neighbor! I'm from Gold Beach. Actually, we live in S. California right now, but we're coming back home in March or April. HAPPY!! Port Orford is a great little town, with a great old-fashioned ice cream shop. I feel the same way about city life. We don't have a choice where we live now (DH is a Marine, stationed here) but the city definately stinks.

Annie
Go to Top of Page

WisGal35
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Cathy
Kenosha County WI
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2005 :  3:25:11 PM  Show Profile
Welcome from the midwest, Tammy!

Sounds like you'll fit right in here. I've visted Seattle, Portland & Tillamook, Ore., and Tillamook was my favorite of the three. It's beautiful country -- though the signs warning motorists not to proceed w/out 4-w-d or tire chains kind of made me nervous! The Midwest is pretty flat, though 4-w-d comes in handy :)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

60 Posts

Tammy
Port Orford Oregon
60 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2005 :  3:25:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi Annie,

I am glad to hear you get to return to our little Paradise soon. It's been wonderful weather here the past few weeks.

I get to take a few days off this weekend and I can't wait to get into my garden and get some weeding done. My tomatoes are really doing well and it's been fun making homemade salsa for my family this week.

Thanks again for the welcome.

I have lived in the country and in the city; it doesn’t matter. The earth and the love of growing things have always been in my heart. I am one of those farmgirls who can feel spring coming and if I don’t plant I’ll go crazy!
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2005 :  3:30:28 PM  Show Profile
HI Tammy! I'm up north from you in Reedsport! Glad to have you on board! SImply, Julia

"The gloom of the world is but a shadow; behind it, yet within our reach is joy. Take joy!" Fr.Giovanni
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2005 :  9:40:26 PM  Show Profile
My folks say it has been a beautiful summer back home, too. And Hi, Julia! Reedsport always kicks our football team's butt. Well, actually, ALL the teams in our division always kick our butt (except last year, when somehow we made it to state, but don't worry, that was just a fluke. LOL!).
Annie
Go to Top of Page

quiltedess
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Nancy
Priest River ID
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2005 :  09:18:29 AM  Show Profile
Oh I love your part of Oregon, you can grow just about anything there.
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2005 :  10:22:30 AM  Show Profile
Hi Tammy, Welcome from a little country town in Washington. Quilcene is a quiet little space in the foothills of the olympic mountains. We moved here from the city of Bremerton about 10 years ago and have never looked back. Love our little farm,wish we could afford a bigger one.
Eileen

songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

60 Posts

Tammy
Port Orford Oregon
60 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2005 :  2:59:10 PM  Show Profile
Thanks to all of you for the wonderful welcome. It’s so nice to feel so welcomed.
I am just amazed at all of the information listed here on the site. I feel somewhat addicted, but I am sure that happens a lot once you find a source of information that is so interesting and then adding the wonderful social relationship we all build talking with each other. It’s great.

Annie, the weather is so wonderful. We are having our yearly Labor Day “Art & Seafood festival”; its nice getting out away from work to enjoy the old cars, art and BBQ.

Julia we passed through Reedsport a couple weeks ago. My Mom and I were on our way to a Nursery show in Portland and we always cut over to the Freeway from Florence. It’s such a nice drive up that way.

Nancy & Eileen, I just love Washington. It’s so beautiful. I was born in Tacoma.

Well I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

God Bless,
Tammy

Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from southern Oregon coast Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page