Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 527

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16301 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16301 Posts

Posted - May 15 2015 :  4:11:05 PM  Show Profile
Diane Kasperzak (DiDi, #3657) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Farmgirl Jubilee Merit Badge!

“I put into action the plans that I posted in the chat room, visiting friends and relatives yesterday and surprising them with my little packages of the canning jars filled with the recipe and seeds.

I brought to a friend whom I see only occasionally, and who did not know about the sisterhood, along with the package I brought to others, a hand-knitted dishcloth, in a sunny yellow cotton yarn. The canning jar was decorated with a bright floral cloth with yellow and pink flowers.

Everyone was very happy by my surprise visit and the little gift that I gave to each of them. We had a really rough winter (with cold temps. lasting well into spring!) and the seeds are a nice reminder that summer is around the corner! I, also, was very pleased to have a reason to make the surprise visits, and to do something nice for them. I look forward to next year's jubilee!”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16301 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16301 Posts

Posted - May 15 2015 :  4:15:31 PM  Show Profile
CJ Armstrong (ceejay48, #665) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Farmgirl Jubilee Merit Badge!

“For local celebration activities I was able to share with my neighbors more about my involvement with the Farmgirl Connection/Sisterhood.

Most of our neighbors know my heritage of growing up on a farm (we built our house on acreage my dad deeded us from the farm) so it’s no surprise to them that I still engage in “farmgirl” activities/work.

For special touches I made two mini-gardens, one with a fairy who is watching over some sweet flowers and one with a gnome who is taking care of some herbs. They sit on my patio table on the deck where we and all of our visitors can enjoy them.

I also made a Jubilee banner which was featured in the April “Sister” issue as a printing on fabric project. It hangs in a prominent place in my house and helps prompt conversation and sharing. Because we participate in a small church fellowship that meets in homes, our group met at my house on the celebration weekend where I was able to share with even more folks and it included food!

For the official celebration weekend, I hung aprons in my house, at my door, on the mailbox, and on a fence and was able to talk about that and the significance of it with neighbors and visitors. Photos can be found at:

http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=68291

I didn’t make a clothespin apron for myself, but I wore my very favorite “Certified Farmgirl” apron for a variety of activities, including baking cookies. Cookies and other goodies were shared with our neighbors and friends.

I’m glad we were able to implement this celebration to honor Mary Jane on her birthday. I so appreciate her work, her heart and all she has done for farmgirls! I look forward to future Jubilee Celebrations in years to come.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16301 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16301 Posts

Posted - May 15 2015 :  4:25:07 PM  Show Profile
Melanie Jones (#4211) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning a Beginner Level Carp-hen-try Merit Badge!

“This winter my son and daughter were in need of a place to put their jackets. So I got a shelf from Home Depot and a long pole that had to be cut to size, and screwed the fancy bracket in the wall add the pole and a few decorative touches.

The kids kept their jackets up the rest of the winter.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16301 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16301 Posts

Posted - May 15 2015 :  4:27:07 PM  Show Profile
Melanie Jones (#4211) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning an Intermediate Level Carp-hen-try Merit Badge!

“I built my first chicken coop!!! I drop around town looking for scrap wood, pallets, and siding. I ended up with two shelves from my local aldi store, two pallets from a local business, and some tin roofing from an old farm house. It took a Friday and a Saturday, but the end result was spectacular!

Altogether I spent $20 and some change on this chicken coop, including the chickens and feed! Now I have two happy chicks and one happy Farmgirl!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16301 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16301 Posts

Posted - May 22 2015 :  3:03:28 PM  Show Profile
Sherrilyn Askew (Sherri, #1350) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning an Intermediate Level Knotty Farmgirls Merit Badge!

“Knot - a way to attach a rope or line to a thing in which a person wishes to pull, lift or secure. Splice - a way in which a rope may be joined through weaving to either another rope or back on itself to create a longer rope, a loop, or even an enlarged end. Hitch - using knots and rope to temporarily bind a thing, or to form a loop that can be made smaller to pull things closer together such as a cable and pulley set-up would. I use the diver's hitch to temporarily attach my colored threads to a card so I can remove them easily when I need them. I use the stranded splice (usually 3 strands) to make loops for halters and the finish the ends as it is a lot more comfortable for the animal and more pleasing to the eye. I like to use a variation on the square knot in macrame often called the Granny Square. It makes the knot twist around its central line which looks very nice on bracelets, necklaces, and flower pot hangers.

All three are similar in function, yet different in form and application. Using splicing would make a better halter than using knots, and tying a hitch to keep your ride from running off would make more sense than using a splice. But, it would be far easier to tie a knot in a fishing line, than trying to splice it and a hitch might allow the fish to get away.

Teaching my sisters was a lot of fun. Once they saw how easy it really was, they made several ropes themselves. The rope maker made it a lot fun though.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16301 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16301 Posts

Posted - May 22 2015 :  3:17:31 PM  Show Profile
Sherrilyn Askew (Sherri, #1350) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Scrapbooking Merit Badge!

“I made a scrapbook to commemorate a special event and will surprise my special friends when it shows up in their mailbox.

Both the event and the making of the scrapbook were a lot of fun. I am very interested in learning book making and book binding, and this was a perfect opportunity to give one of those styles a try.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16301 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16301 Posts

Posted - May 22 2015 :  3:20:43 PM  Show Profile
Sherrilyn Askew (Sherri, #1350) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Dyeing for Color Merit Badge!

“I copy, pasted, edited, and wrote a long paper on dyeing, especially using natural materials (and some historical ones), and how to dispose of materials (dye bath in particular) when you are done. I gave my chapter a copy and talked about it with them.

I have also tea-stained fabric which I am using as background material for a Halloween Baltimore Album quilt I am working on.

I am planning to collect the St John's Wort flowers as they bloom to try my hand at red. I am hoping to build a lovely swatch file of natural and safe materials that make lovely dyes. The list I collected and the things I learned while writing the paper gave me lots to thinks about and work with.

Dying is seasonal.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16301 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16301 Posts

Posted - May 22 2015 :  3:32:50 PM  Show Profile
Sherrilyn Askew (Sherri, #1350) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Expert Level Bee Good to your Mother Earth Merit Badge!

“All of my hoses are now lead-free (potable water label on packaging). I have taken our household compostable waste (about 20 gallons total) all the way to beautiful black dirt, complete with worms. I don't have a paintable fence (chain link).

Pleaching is the process of weaving live or dead branches together to form a fence. Because of the close contact of live branches from multiple plants, the branches will often grow together as a natural grafting phenomena called "inosculation."

I am trying to get my raspberries to stay pleached, but the deer keep eating my efforts.

Making compost is easier than throwing away.

When I bought my house, I made sure all my hose purchases were lead free. It's easier when you are starting new.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16301 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16301 Posts

Posted - May 22 2015 :  4:06:24 PM  Show Profile
Christy Jordan (ChristyJordan, #6399) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Backyard Farmer Merit Badge!

“I know we can't count things we did in the past so I have two things here, one was last week :) Two years ago I started raising rabbits. I taught myself how to butcher them from youtube videos and have had a ready source of meat ever since. This past week, I picked up a chicken tractor from a local craftsman and my chickens arrived in the mail four days ago so now I'm starting my own flock.

Each morning (back to the rabbits now) I go out into the yard and forage for rabbit food. I still supplement with rabbit pellets but am working to get them to a diet of mostly natural.

Having chickens is my dream come true! We have really enjoyed the rabbits as well. I've gifted breeding trios (that I've raised myself) to two friends who now raise their own meat as well.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16301 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16301 Posts

Posted - May 22 2015 :  4:11:12 PM  Show Profile
Erin McBride (notathreatinsight, #3762) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning a Beginner Level Let's Get Physical Merit Badge!

“For the past 4 weeks I've changed my diet completely. I cut out carbs like bread, pasta, and potatoes. I stopped eating sweets. My diet now is high in protein, with plenty of fruits and veggies.

I also started exercising 6 times a week. I do some form of cardio twice a week, and weights three times a week. On the weekend I walk around the block. It's a country block, so it's three miles. If I can walk during the week I do that too, but that just depends on when my husband gets home from work, and the weather.

I love my new lifestyle so much. Even just a week in I could see a change in my body, and more importantly in my attitude. I was so much happier! I get dressed every morning in workout clothes, and that just makes it easier. It's just part of my day now.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16301 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16301 Posts

Posted - May 22 2015 :  4:17:22 PM  Show Profile
Janie Gibson (Janie G., #6331) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Going Green Merit Badge!

“I did a little research, then went through all of my household cleaners and replaced the non-green one with green cleaners. We also got rid of our toxic candles and replaced them with soy candles scented only with essential oils.

I made a cute little notebook using craft paper and a disc bound journal to start collecting green living ideas and recipes for the things I make myself and I shared some of my ideas with my step-mom, who is also making an effort to go green after battling cancer. In the front of my little journal, I wrote a simple mission statement indicating that my family and I will be sure to keep using green products, learn to make our own when we want/need to, and pledging to dedicate the resources to spending a little extra when needed to protect our health and the health of the planet.

It turned out great! The notebook is adorable (and it was fun to make) and I already had a few recipes for homemade green items to put into it (namely, deodorant and counter top cleaner). I was happy to see that we had only a few items to replace, like floor cleaner and glass cleaner.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16301 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16301 Posts

Posted - May 22 2015 :  4:36:23 PM  Show Profile
Joanna Green (Joanna, #5965) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“I have had buttons laying around and stuffed in many places for awhile, but I thought it was time to gather them all together in one place. Some of them are from my great-aunt, some from my mom, and some I have collected on my own.

I counted a total of 95 buttons and hope to add more. I decided to make a box to put them in and had a lot of fun doing it! I just covered a cardboard box with fabric and added some details.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16301 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16301 Posts

Posted - May 22 2015 :  4:40:26 PM  Show Profile
Sherrilyn Askew (Sherri, #1350) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a Intermediate Level Stargazing Chicks Merit Badge!

“We have had a number of clear nights in the past few weeks, months even, so I have been stargazing each time I go out in the evening and keeping a log of what constellations I have been seeing. I have found the Andromeda Galaxy (using a light gathering telescope) and plotted several of Jupiter's moons. I attended a star gazing party in which we were teaching Girl Scouts about the constellations and how to find them.

I have also seen Mercury (something generally only observed at sunrise or sunset) and observed the green flash of the sun setting over the Smokey Mountains. There is quite a differences in the constellations seen in Washington and those seen in Georgia. For example, Orion can be seen in Washington year round, but is only a winter constellation in Georgia.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16301 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16301 Posts

Posted - May 22 2015 :  4:44:35 PM  Show Profile
Sherrilyn Askew (Sherri, #1350) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Expert Level Nellie Will-do Merit Badge!

“I have spent over 100 hours stitching a costume for the upcoming Women's Primitive Skills weekend. I made 3 chemises, 3 bloomers, and one linen day dress all in the style of the late 1700s.

I still need to make a reticule for the weekend. I lady needs to carry her things and pockets are going out of fashion at this time.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16301 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16301 Posts

Posted - May 22 2015 :  4:54:38 PM  Show Profile
Linda Olivera (quiltee, #1919) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Farmgirl Jubilee Merit Badge!

“I celebrated the Jubilee in 2 ways:On Thursday, April 30 (yes, I know, a day early!), Amy and Bonnie Jo from the Rockwall Honey Hive Chapter came to my farmhouse and took a tour of my little "farm, which, by the way, is called Hooker Ridge Farm (because I live on Hooker Ridge). I gave each of them a 2015 Jubilee apron that I made for them and we walked around the farm and I showed them the horses, cats, and goat.

Below are some pictures of our celebration by my "temporary" Jubilee flag. I hit a roadblock and am in the process of making my real Jubilee flag.

On Saturday, May 2, I took over some gingerbread cookies I made and a recycled jeans apron to my neighbor, Millie. The apron was for her to wear in their new house (they move in in 2 weeks) and the cookies were for she and her husband to enjoy. Millie and Bob are great neighbors and look out for my place when I am away.

Below is a picture of Amy and Bonnie at our get-together in front of my "temporary" Jubilee flag.

We then sat in the living room, had iced tea and gingerbread cookies, and I suggested some swaps I thought they could join. It was so nice meeting other farmgirls in person. Rockwall is about 40 miles from me, and we plan to get together again soon. I just opened a new Chapter (Scrappy Crafty Chicks) and they are also going to join my Chapter. We plan to work on merit badges together, and I can teach quilting, knitting and crochet, and they can teach canning and gardening. We had a super time together; I showed them around more of the MJF Forum and they are going to join in on some of the swaps.

Willie told me later that she loves the apron and will wear it in her new house. And she also told me she didn't get many of the cookies - her husband and daughter ate all but 3 before she got home. So they were much enjoyed. LOL!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16301 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16301 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2015 :  1:14:37 PM  Show Profile
Emily Race (Simply Satisfied, #3591) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Blogging Merit Badge!

“I am really enjoying blogging now. I love following along with other Farmgirls' days. I started being better at taking pictures of things I was working on then started adding them to the blog. I also started spending some time on www.GirlGab.com. I have found some other blogs that are very interesting and fun to read.

I love learning about other things Farmgirls are doing. I have even gotten ideas for more sprucing up of my camper, making more cleaning and beauty products, and more gardening ideas. I don't have any followers yet but I certainly have people checking out my blog (or so the blog count says). This has been quite a fun badge to earn for me. I will definitely keep blogging!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16301 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16301 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2015 :  1:31:37 PM  Show Profile
Emily Race (Simply Satisfied, #3591) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Intermediate Level Bee Good to your Mother Earth Merit Badge!

“Last summer I made the garden a complete habitat with water sources and lots of good plants (23 different ones actually) for bees and butterflies. I also expanded my flower garden (into the lawn) and planted more native flowers. My favorites were the Bitterroots but I also added phlox, rosy pussy-toes, and a few other plants native to our area. I tried saving seeds from some of them and then planted them this year.

It felt good to see the beneficial environment I had made. The seeds were more complicated. I managed to save and grow lupine, delphiniums, and some coneflowers. I didn't get the Bitterroot seeds to grow. I was disappointed because I really wanted them to spread around my garden. I had read bout how to save the seeds and talked to the nursery I bought them from to make sure I understood but they didn't grow. I hope to try again this year rather than keep buying new plants. I also tried starting some flowers in the house early and others seeding them into the garden this spring. The wildflower seeds I saved definitely did better with the outside seeding.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16301 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16301 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2015 :  1:36:27 PM  Show Profile
Cj Armstrong (ceejay48, #665) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Farmgirl Jubilee Merit Badge!

“As “mother hen” for the Farmgirls Southwest Henhouse, which is a virtual henhouse, we started a bit early with some farmgirl time at my daughter’s in Glendale, Arizona in March. We invited the farmgirls who are in our Henhouse and live in the Phoenix area over to Robin’s house for a potluck supper and time to chat and do handwork. I was gifted with a lovely embroidered Farmgirl Jubilee linen piece that I took to Arizona to use there and then left it there for my daughter.

We also shared and celebrated at “Gigi’s Cupcakes” in Scottsdale, AZ, enjoying some tasty cupcakes in true Gigi style.

To help spread the word and share in the Jubilee spirit I made two “official” Farmgirl Jubilee clothespin aprons and gifted one to a farmgirl in Florida and hosted a giveaway on the Farmgirl Connection to gift the other one to another farmgirl who lives in Kentucky. One of our Henhouse Chicks who lives in Florida, ordered aprons from me that were gifted to her friends/neighbors in her hometown as part of her Jubilee celebration. I was also able to provide assistance in recruiting the participation of our Henhouse Chicks in gifting Mary Jane with a barn quilt in celebration of her and her birthday!

To further celebrate I mailed Mary Janes Farm postcards to all members of our Henhouse and a few other friends, wishing them all a “Merry May” and “Happy Farmgirl Jubilee”. A few photos have been added to the thread in the Farmgirl Connection and can be found at:

http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=68291

It’s truly been a pleasure to share and celebrate the Farmgirl Jubilee and Mary Jane’s birthday in 2015 in this manner, with as many farmgirls, friends and family as possible across the country. I look forward to the celebration in 2016 and have an entire year to think about ideas for that celebration.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16301 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16301 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2015 :  1:43:32 PM  Show Profile
Emily Race (Simply Satisfied, #3591) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a Beginner, Intermediate, & Expert Level Fishing Merit Badge!

“I am applying for all levels of this badge.

I fish every year, both in the winter and summer. I didn't know it but I always use the clinch knot when fishing. I have found it to be very useful to attach my hooks. I looked up and practiced the other knots but since I have been tying the clinch knot since sometime around 1999 I will likely continue to use it. We, my husband and I, buy our fishing licenses every March when we buy our hunting licenses. For the most part we catch rainbow or cutt-throat trout. Occasionally we have caught bull trout but they are always released. We also catch a type of salmon that live in lakes around here.

We do most of our fishing in the winter ice fishing for trout but when we are backpacking we tend to like fish for breakfast in the back-country. I usually fly-fish and use small fly fishing lures that look like bugs. In the winter we use a variety of lures that range from fly-fishing ties to metal bug-like lures. We generally use maggots, fake fish eggs, worms or occasionally real fish eggs when we are ice fishing. My picture is from last summer of us on a rafting/ fishing trip. We didn't get pictures with fish in them but I had a fabulous time rafting and fishing.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16301 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16301 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2015 :  1:47:58 PM  Show Profile
Emily Race (Simply Satisfied, #3591) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“We don't have tons of buttons in our home so this one took me awhile. First I started with all those single buttons that come in little bags attached to clothing. I had them in various places in my room. Some were in my sock drawer, some on the dresser, and some in my jewelry box. It was great to minimize my buttons into one jar in my sewing stuff. Then I started saving buttons off of shirts we weren't wearing and turning the shirts into rags. Finally I ended up receiving my grandmother's button stash to get to somewhere around 60 buttons.

I really liked collecting the buttons from my house. I loved freeing up space where the buttons were and getting them all together so that I can actually find and use them. I am proud to say I didn't buy a single one but it took somewhere around a year to get enough to get to 50.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16301 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16301 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2015 :  2:01:57 PM  Show Profile
Sherrilyn Askew (Sherri, #1350) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning an Intermediate Level Disconnect to Reconnect Merit Badge!

“I went camping (in a tent) at Women's Primitive Skills weekend with a few of my Farmgirl Sisters and many other friends I had not yet met. I left the cellphone at the car and enjoyed a weekend of crafting classes, potlucks, and quiet time.

I spread the Farmgirl word while I was there too.

We all dressed in early American style clothing (1790's to 1840's) and did things by hand (for the most part). I made my own costume for the event. For one of the potlucks I took some sourdough fry bread (using my mother), chicken noodle soup (using meat and vegetables I had dried last season), and two homemade jams/jellies (mixed berry and muscadine). I learned how to made a blossom pouch, a rain cover (canvas poncho), earrings, card weaving, and a book. I sat around and laughed with friends while working on one of my many projects, and spent time each morning and evening just enjoying the sounds of nature. It was unbelievably pleasant to go camping by myself (only me in the tent) and spend the weekend with only women. I have not been this relaxed in a long while.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16301 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16301 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2015 :  2:06:13 PM  Show Profile
Sherrilyn Askew (Sherri, #1350) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a Beginner Level Glamping Merit Badge!

“I scoured my house and thrift stores for this I could use glamping and collected into Glamping Gear Boxes. I then set up a tent glammed it up. I posted a photo on the Farmgirl Connection, "Is it time for Glamping?"

After I spent all that time and energy collecting stuff and setting things up, I spent the weekend enjoying the fruits of my labors. I don't remember when I have ever been so comfortable camping.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16301 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16301 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2015 :  2:11:21 PM  Show Profile
Dawni Everett (#6113) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Cheesemaking Merit Badge!

“I went over to a friend's house and we used her cheese making kit to make mozzarella. I did all of the measuring and stirring of the milk on the stove before we added the rennet and other ingredients. We then rolled them into multiple mini balls to eat, store, and use later.

The cheese was delicious. Just eating that fresh cheese was incredible and I cannot wait to make my own ricotta and more mozzarella to turn into lasagna. It will be amazing.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16301 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16301 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2015 :  2:17:05 PM  Show Profile
Joanna Green (Joanna, #5965) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Know Your Roots Merit Badge!

“I actually have been interviewing several of my relatives and collecting family history info for many years now. I have interviewed my grandmother, my great aunts and uncles, my parents, and some of my parents older cousins. I also have a tape of my grandfather discussing the family tree before he died.

Recently, I have been compiling this info into a nice organized binder. I also have been getting copies of old family photos and memorabilia. I have finished the binder for now. However, since the family history never really ends, I'm sure that I will be adding more stories, etc. Occasionally, a story will come up during a conversation, and I will try to scratch it down!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16301 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16301 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2015 :  2:19:26 PM  Show Profile
Joanna Green (Joanna, #5965) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Know Your Roots Merit Badge!

“I have gathered a lot of family tree info from relatives, but I also signed up for Ancestry.ca There are a lot of records shared there from the National Archives of Canada. I was able to clarify and cross-reference the info I had gathered. I spent many, many hours researching and comparing to make sure I had the correct info. It was also exciting to obtain copies of marriage, birth, and death certificates of my ancestors.

I have now organized my family tree for each side of the family into the binder I had already started for my family history.”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 527 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page