asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2005 :  3:57:29 PM  Show Profile
My name is Anne and I live in Portland, OR. Even though I do not live on a farm, I grew up on one in the Willamette Valley. My parents had a blueberry farm for 30+ years. All of us kids had farm animals, from chickens and ducks to sheep, Hereford cows and pigs. Along with the required dogs and farm cats. I still have a farming in me - my husband (city born and raised) doesn't quite get it, but that's okay. We live on a large lot in an old neighborhood - I have a vegetable garden and many of the heirloom plants I grew up with on the farm - many handed down from my grandmother and mother. I recently purchased Maryjane's newest book and I just love it. So I thought I would come out to the site and sign up. I am glad to be part of this wonderful group of resourceful women.

verbina
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

randi
n.j
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2005 :  5:09:38 PM  Show Profile
welcome anne, randiyou are among friends.
Go to Top of Page

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2005 :  5:37:40 PM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
Welcome Anne! I'm your neighbor in Dundee, Oregon. Where in the Willamette Valley did you grow up? I'm new here on the boards too but love it already!

Julia
BlueApple Farm
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2005 :  8:23:12 PM  Show Profile
Julia -

I grew up new Woodburn on the westside toward St. Paul. We drive through Dundee all the time on our way to the coast.
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2005 :  8:46:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi Anne, another Julia here! I grew up in Hubbard. We did live a couple of years in Woodburn. My dad taught school at Candby High School. We lived on a farm on the 211 Highway. Glad to meet you neighbor! Simply, JUlia

"The gloom of the world is but a shadow; behind it, yet within our reach is joy. Take joy!" Fr.Giovanni
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2005 :  06:49:32 AM  Show Profile
Julia from Hubbard -

This is so "wild", I dated a guy from Canby High School for a while. Such a small world. My parents still live in Woodburn, no longer on the farm, but not too far from there. Great to meet both Julias from Oregon.

Anne
Go to Top of Page

showmemom
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

karen
carthage mo
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2005 :  06:56:32 AM  Show Profile
hey anne-

welcome from the heart of the Midwest! i live in sw missouri on about 60 acres-we raised herefords when i was growing up! love the green fields with those pretty red and white cows on them.

enjoy yourself here-this is a great site.

talk to you soon.
karen

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.
Victor Hugo
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2005 :  10:54:21 AM  Show Profile
ANne, I grew up there in the 60's, when were you there?

"The gloom of the world is but a shadow; behind it, yet within our reach is joy. Take joy!" Fr.Giovanni
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2005 :  11:09:11 AM  Show Profile
Julia, I love your tag line. Joy is a choice, I choose it too. Got a card the other day at the store that said
"Today will be joyful, for the beauty slamming into my face refuses to be ignored!"
Today I choose to be joyful.
Eileen

songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2005 :  3:07:30 PM  Show Profile
Julia -

My parents bought the farm (no pun intended) from my grandparents in June of 1966. They brought me up here first from California and I stayed with Grandma & Grandpa while my parents packed up the house in Sacramento and got my older sister and brother out of school. I lived in Woodburn fulltime all the way through high school into college until I was 23. Then I moved to Portland fulltime. My parents kept the farm until about 1995, then they sold it and moved in the city limits of Woodburn and they are still there this day. I go down every few weeks to see them.

Anne
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2005 :  5:04:58 PM  Show Profile
Anne, So you probably went to the Woodburn Grade school, I went to Rural 91 school. We would have been in the area at the same time, maybe we passed each other at the grocery store...

Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2005 :  7:47:12 PM  Show Profile
Julia -
My sister, brother and I all went to Nellie Muir grade school located on the west side of town on the edge of Smith Addition housing development. My brother did go one year to Lincoln Grade School right in old town Woodburn where the Post office is now.
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2005 :  10:16:39 PM  Show Profile
Boy, Nellie Muir is so familiar. I believe my older sister went there a couple years when we lived on Lancaster street in Woodburn. It really is a small world.

Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic New to Farmgirl Forum Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page