StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2244 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2244 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  12:17:52 AM  Show Profile
I'm trying to figure out how the hairs can tell the difference between being pulled out by tweezers or wax...... And I don't understand the connection between spearmint and chin hair, but spearmint tea is tasty so I'll give it a try. The worst part about my 60th birthday was finding two black hairs growing out of my chin. Now I wish it was only two....

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

abbysshadow
True Blue Farmgirl

224 Posts

Sherry
Dayton Nevada
USA
224 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  07:28:17 AM  Show Profile
I'm with y'all....sigh...lol

home with all my heart :)

...I cannot do all the good that the world needs, but the world needs all the good that I can do...
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  3:29:03 PM  Show Profile
Well, I drank spearmint tea until I started to turn green. I think it made the growth a little finer but didn't stop it completely. I have to admit I started with 2-3 cups per day but lately I am lucky if I remember to drink 1 a day.

Maybe you have to be younger to make this cure effective? I've been fighting this for over 20 years.

I had electrolysis (it didn't work, I think it made the problem worse) and laser (it worked a little, but the dr. got rid of the machine before I had enough treatments to stop the growth completely, after nearly $1000 in fees...)
and even hormone therapy (didn't like the side effects) So I guess I'll just live with it...sigh....

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  4:51:24 PM  Show Profile
Yes, I pluck also. I keep tweezers in my purse and if I feel one, they come out. I can't stand them. I think mine multiply as I remove them.
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  7:02:46 PM  Show Profile
Laser treatments work best when there's high contrast -- like very dark hair against fair skin -- to give the laser something to focus on, or whatever. Whatever you do, don't shave. The regrowth will look awful. Something like Nads (there's a DIY recipe somewhere on our forum, I think) is probably the most cost-effective answer.
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  12:04:56 PM  Show Profile
Winona, I am a Master Cosmetologist. I am also 51 with the same problem you have. I have been waxing my lip, chin, and eyebrows for about 10 some odd yrs...it really helps and makes the hairs softer and less....You can go to a Sallys Beauty Supply and get a small wax pot and strips...just be careful and dont put the wax on to hot...this is more economical for you in the long run. I had someone to do this for me when I worked in a salon....I hate to say this but they burned me. So I do it myself. Then you can do it when you want to. You might have topluck a few inbetween waxing...but that isnt to bad...Make sure you let the haor grow about 1/4 in. you will get it all if you do so. If you have any questions just ask...
Good Luck
Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Chinny-chin hairs... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page