Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Good Valentine's Day dessert to go with duck?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Good Valentine's Day dessert to go with duck? Next Topic  

ivmeer
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Amanda
Pawtucket RI
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  09:46:11 AM  Show Profile
OK, I guess I shouldn't have procrastinated on a recipe request, but honestly, I didn't think to ask you ladies until today (sorry!)

I'm making duck with white bean puree and cherry sauce for Valentine's Day dinner tomorrow night. I was going to round out the dinner with brown/wild rice pilaf and asparagus. I need a dessert that goes well with this. Usually I make non-dairy chocolate mousse (we keep kosher), but I'm trying to stay away from fake foods, and chocolate mousse just seems so heavy after duck (usually I make steak, and it goes better with that...)

I was thinking of something with apples or pears, but I don't want to do something boring like apple crisp. Does anyone have a good idea of an apple or pear dessert that does not involve my buying a tart pan? Thanks.

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  10:24:42 AM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
Poached pears or brandied?

I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by. ~anon
Go to Top of Page

ivmeer
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Amanda
Pawtucket RI
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  11:43:08 AM  Show Profile
I posted this on another board, and that's what someone else suggested. I already found a recipe for spiced poached pears, and I'm going to make sabayon to go with it. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  9:47:13 PM  Show Profile
February is prime strawberry season in our county and they are soooo fabulous right now. I like to serve chocolate dipped berries.

They're great to nibble on in front of the fire or where ever else you may be on Valentines evening.
Go to Top of Page

nashbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

687 Posts

687 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  3:53:05 PM  Show Profile
Sorry about being late to this party, but I was thinking some kind of sorbet. And I'm curious how the poached pears turned out, sounds pretty cool!

Crunchy crafty goodness and psychoses...;-)http://nashbabe.blogspot.com

groovy stuff 2 buy...http://www.alittlesplurge.etsy.com

Edited by - nashbabe on Feb 14 2008 3:53:28 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Good Valentine's Day dessert to go with duck? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page