Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Tell EPA to Ban Toxic Pesticide Endosulfan
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Tell EPA to Ban Toxic Pesticide Endosulfan Next Topic  

jenbove

320 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
320 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  12:01:04 PM  Show Profile
The EPA has opened a public comment period on whether a toxic pesticide used on food and cotton in the U.S. but banned in much of the world, should be taken off the market. The pesticide, endosulfan is one of the dealist pesticides still in use. It harms the hormone system, and low levels of exposure in the womb have been linked to autism, male reproductive harm and other birth defects.

Endosulfan, like DDT, is an organochlorine and persists in the environment long after it has killed the target pests, leaving a deadly legacy for people and wildlife. According to one farmer who observed birds and frogs dying following the consumption of insects sprayed with endosulfan: “Fields smell awful two or three days after spraying because virtually every living thing has been killed and starts to rot”.

The Organic Consumers Association is joining with Pesticide Action Network and other allies in gathering tens of thousands of petition signatures to ban this toxic pesticide off the market now. Learn more and take action:

http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/organizationsORG/oca/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=22810

Jen

GOT A "WILD HAIR"?
COME VISIT MARYJANE'S OUTPOST!

www.maryjanesoutpost.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member # 9

My Blog: The View From My Boots
www.bovesboots.blogspot.com

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  12:47:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Jen! I just send off all the "Take Action" letters that are available.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Tell EPA to Ban Toxic Pesticide Endosulfan Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page