Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Skin care Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2008 :  3:57:16 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
For the past month, I have been taking an OMEGA 3 supplement (I hate any kind of fresh fish), I take a vitamin E supplement every other day and I have been drinking a lot more water and eating more water rich fruit and boy, my skin is doing so much better. I also added in a B12 for mood control but that might be helping as well.

I have oily skin but dry skin, if that makes sense and I have tried every stinking type of facial moisturizer out there, from natural to off the shelf to oils, etc..nothing was working.

Eating right is really helping a lot.

What have you gals found that works??

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90

doublebow
Farmgirl in Training

37 Posts

michelle
springtown tx
37 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  06:47:17 AM  Show Profile
Cod Liver oil has been my greatest discovery. It helps my mood and brain function tremendously. But for my skin - Vit C.Taking 2000 mg a day has helped my allergies and totally eliminated the blemishes I would get. My skin isn't dry anymore, either, but I don't use soap.(Hope that doesn't sound gross) I use a dry brush and then rinse in the shower. Then essential oils for a nice smell.
Go to Top of Page

MustangSuzie
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Sarah
New London Missouri
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  07:11:39 AM  Show Profile  Send MustangSuzie a Yahoo! Message
I have oily skin in the summer, dry in the winter...just depends on the humidity level. Anyhow, I put straight olive oil on my face at night before bed. I wake up to wonderfully soft and glowing skin.

Blessings....
Sarah

www.mustangsuzie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MereOnceMoore
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Meredith
IL
33 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  3:03:27 PM  Show Profile
I have the same skin issues and I'm trying to find a product that will help. The surface cells of my skin is soooo dry, especially here in the Chicago winter but the lower cells are oily and due to the dry surface all the junk gets trapped and my skin looks like crap. I'm thinking the dry bush and the olive oil might help, though I'm fairly certain if I get hot and start taking supplements I'd see better results

Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  3:18:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I have heard that fresh honey does wonders.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Skin care Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page