Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Garden Gate
 will really miss my garden this year
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic will really miss my garden this year Next Topic  

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2005 :  5:04:10 PM  Show Profile
This year especially, Im going to miss my garden so much. It's been my santuary. The physical place I've gone for my sanity this year. My wild flowers grew so high around my patio I had lots of privacy to laugh, cry, have my tea whatever I needed. I felt so enveloped by their strong stems. When I went out today I saw more buds dying and felt a saddness, silly as it sounds, but it really has been a santuary for me. I'd sit sometimes and just watch nature do it's thing. Honeybees, butterflies, birds, ladybugs and even the "other" bugs. Im going to enjoy it to it's very end and wait patiently for next spring. Michele

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13

verbina
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

randi
n.j
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  06:15:24 AM  Show Profile
hi michele. how are you doing? how is your husband? i to will be sorry to see the summer go too. i hope all is well with you . randi your old neighbor randi
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  08:17:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Michele-

I can really sympathize with you on this one. My garden is really tiny because I live in an apartment- but I go out there, close the patio door and enjoy the peace and quiet. I am really the onlyone out of all 4 of us that goes out there so I am rarely interupted.

One thing I am going to do to preserve some garden over the winter is to bring in some of my potted flowers and pray that they will enjoy being inside by a warm sunny window as much as they liked being outside.

Ciao

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  08:47:59 AM  Show Profile
HI Michelle, I truly can relate. This is the first year at this house for a garden, as we just moved here in Dec. I have been so please with how it has flourished, being it was just part of the yard before my husband tilled it up. It to has been my sanctuary. Through the sadness of seeing things start to slow down, is being able to start to plan for next year.

"The gloom of the world is but a shadow; behind it, yet within our reach is joy. Take joy!" Fr.Giovanni
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  10:31:38 AM  Show Profile
thanks girls, Randi, its nice to have a n.j. neighbor. My husband is doing ok, he has good & bad days but he is healing. He is getting grouchy and antsy so I think thats a good sign. His nephew just died and he & his family are trying to cope with the nature of his death. This cloud will pass and I cant wait for it to happen. In the meantime I'll enjoy my garden while it's here & plan for next year's. Michele

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2005 :  08:45:37 AM  Show Profile
Dear Michelle, It will indeed pass. I can so relate with your situation. In one year we made a major move, my dad had heart surgery, our oldest got married , my BIL died tragically, and our second daughter left for college. It was an emotional year to say the least. All I could do was trust and do the next thing, whatever it was. You remain in my prayers. Simply, Julia

"The gloom of the world is but a shadow; behind it, yet within our reach is joy. Take joy!" Fr.Giovanni
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic will really miss my garden this year Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page