Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 My passion is becoming...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic My passion is becoming... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2008 :  12:40:38 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Fitness!! Or any form of moving my behind and getting in shape or just for health!! People talk about having a pssion, so I decided being healthy and fitness are going to be mine. Just in the past week I have:
gone swimming (2x), walking (4x), running (1x, played in the sand and surf at the beach for 2 hours...

I feel so good and I have lost 8lbs with just amping up opportunities for fitness. I even parked all the way in the last spot at the mall, did 2 laps around the mall, before even starting shopping..

Yippee!!!

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2008 :  12:43:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Awesome Heather! You are doing so great! Isn't fitness fun!! I know I LOVE doing yoga and belly dancing, and as soon as there isn't Ice every where I am going to get up and go for a run every morning before work. I decided it is time to take a hold of my life and get fit and healthy! I don't want to look back in my old age and wish I had _lived_ in my youth instead of sitting and eating potato chips! :p

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2008 :  1:05:15 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Yep!! That is it exactly Alee!! I used to be really fit- it was just part of my life. I made plans for it and ate well and it just came as part of my life. Now, I use marriage, baby, college, food, the weather- as excuses and realized I have really not been able to enjoy the warm weather (and I have lived in CA and TX- so it is warm most of the year) in about 4 summers now. I am determined to teach my son to swim this year and not be embarassed in a bikini- yes- a bikini...

I work with a lot of fit mothers and they have been really motivating me. Some have husbands who are onboard with them and others don't. The commonality is they do it for themselves and they really do- they don't just sit and talk about it. One mom started by just taking her DD to the park and chasing her around for 30 minutes, then an hour, and as her daughter's skill set grew, so did the mom's fitness. Riding bikes, swimming (she saved enough to have a large pool put in), walking/hiking, camping, etc.

I am so excited. She really has motivated me.

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2008 :  2:05:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is so great! I think it is wonderful when we, as women, can inspire each other! Let's keep focusing on staying active and inspire each other here on this forum as well! :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2008 :  3:05:51 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Ok..that sounds terrific to me!!!

I am truly trying to make my home a "healthy" home- By keeping it small and all equipment available for us to use, we are really becoming a more active family. We have 1 TV and it is no longer the first thing to go on in the morning and I keep my home simple so I can get outdoors and not worry about is the house clean, laundry, etc....

I am even streamlining my wardrobe for a more active lifestyle- more cotton clothing, keeping extra sneakers in my Jeep, I bought metal water containers for the family, I am learning to plan a little ahead and bring fruit, nuts and cereal in the car to avoid getting somewhere, playing all day and getting hungry and falling into the junk/quick food trap.

I have cleaned off/out all of the kitchen cabinets and filled them up with organic food. It is costing slighly more, but is really balancing out with us buying less food.

I figured it is now or never...better get to gettin'!!!!

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2008 :  4:40:23 PM  Show Profile
YOU GO GURLFREN! sand and surf!!! wowzer .. ain't my brown eyes green!!! xo

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:
"GATHERING ROOM" ..
http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. up for adoption:
http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2008 :  4:59:22 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Ms. Frannie- I do miss the snow....sometimes...but I will always live where it is hot hot hot!!!!

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2008 :  05:26:38 AM  Show Profile
Heather,

The beach sounds perfect. Today it is -4 degrees and we woke up to frozen pipes. I hear the treadmill calling my name though!!!!

Enjoy the sunshine!
Ann
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic My passion is becoming... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page