Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  11:24:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Anyone else reading this right now? It's been recommended several times on the forum so I downloaded it from Audible.com since I very rarely have had time to read in the past year. So far...I'm loving it! It is funny, smart, and sassy. I am going to buy the hard copy and highlight certain parts like "Soda is Liquid Satan" and the part about aspartame and carbs combining to destroy Seretonin levels. Then I am going to have hubby read the highlights. I am trying to break him of his soda addiction and I know I have lots of bad habits I need to break!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  11:34:00 AM  Show Profile
Love this book Alee! if you can get past the bad language-it really is a very intelligent compelling argument for veganism!!! proud of you girly!!! Hugs!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  11:35:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
I have wanted to read it, but everytime I get to the library I forget about it! Have to put it on my reading list

Mama to 2
I am who I am
FarmGirl# 20

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  3:24:41 PM  Show Profile
I saw it at the bookstore and thought it looked interesting - but not buying anything I don't HAVE to have right now. Maybe I'll check the library!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2008 :  05:33:49 AM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
i need to add this to my reading list as well. since i left my farm, i keep putting on weight. i don't have time to cook all those healthy grains and legumes etc and i've been bad about getting by on what's easy. i could use some new motivation. for nearly 2 years in high school i was a veggie (not vegan) and i was very thin...too thin actualy, but that was a combination of a lot of things. maybe i should give it a try again.

What we write today slipped into our souls some other day when we were alone and doing nothing.
-Brenda Ueland

http://quilandneedle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2008 :  07:09:48 AM  Show Profile
The companion cookbook is awesome!!! The authors know what complicted lives people lead and the recipes are simple and easy to follow and AMAZING!!! My favorites are the down home cookin section! I've made chili, shephards pie, meatloaf and mashed potatoes-all vegan !!! Delicious even to meat eaters! I'm thin and never sick!! I really think we were meant to eat this way! Its not hard at all once you get into it and have the food in your house!! Best of luck to all! hugs! love u!!!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2008 :  07:10:55 AM  Show Profile
OH! tHAT WAS MY 1000 POST!

Go to Top of Page

CathyM
True Blue Farmgirl

344 Posts

Cathy
Tulsa OK
USA
344 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2008 :  08:04:07 AM  Show Profile
Hello girls It's been a long time since I have posted here. A lot of things have been going on and not all good... but that's another topic/post.

I was turned on to this book from one of my daughters friends. I loved it, the humor is quite sarcastic at times but hey don't we all need a little kick in the fanny sometimes to get us going? I know I do. I have been eating vegetarian for the past 3 weeks. I did do a few "experiments" if you will. I ate a cheeseburger just to see how I would feel after. OH MY I was so sick after that, never again will a cheeseburger pass my lips. I have a very bad addiction to Cheese so there is a big problem. Ah yes I have been eating cheese which I need to stop. on the bright side I don't eat any other dairy products my tummy wont handle them at all. I would love to here from any of you that are going vegetarian/vegan I have a lot of questions and could use some support.
good luck to all of you who try this and I highly recommend this book to all.

"Not all who wander are lost"
JRR Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2008 :  08:13:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
To help us all who are trying this lifestyle, I started this thread as well: