Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Paper and Stickers Anonymous Club
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Paper and Stickers Anonymous Club Next Topic
Page: of 2

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2006 :  08:01:03 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Mary Ann, what a wonderful thing to have this woman's scrapbook and some of her belongings. Reading this almost made me cry, thinking of her dying so young, yet she lives on still.
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2006 :  4:35:20 PM  Show Profile
I just have to tell you the story of my precious papers. My parents were both first generation Americans, the children of Italian immigrants who came to this country around 1900. In those days (around 1930), if an Italian young man wanted to court an Italian young woman, he had to ask permission of her father. My grandfather said, "forget it" because my father, Joe, was a musician and therefore disreputable. My mother, Josephine, and her sister Rose, were beautiful and very stylish and were known in Hartford (Conn.) as "the Valente girls". Well, my father got a job at the department store where my mother worked selling needlework supplies. She also taught the people who bought them how to use them and was quite talented. I think that's where I get my love of needlework. Anyway, my Dad and my Mom were forbidden to see each other so they wrote letters to each other and mailed them to each other at the store. They did this for two years before they eloped in 1934, shocking the family. My Dad passed away in 1996 and my Mom, at 92, last year. When I was cleaning out her house, I found all those 50 love letters and got to know my parents all over again - people I didn't know at all, young and full of unfulfilled passion and hope. Those letters are my most prized possessions.

Happy Wishes!

Edited by - Utahfarmgirl on Jan 24 2006 4:36:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2006 :  5:14:49 PM  Show Profile
Debs paper pics made me go "oooooh" and "aaaaaaaah". Then to read the precious stories from Mary Ann and Patricia....just all warm and fuzzy. Those are certain treasures more valuable than any treasure chest of gold!

For Christmas, I got my girls a set of scissors....18, all different designs, and stored in their own wooden lazy susan caddy....from Sam's for $14.99!!!!! Great buy! Well, right next to the scissors were packages of paper....not too fancy, just construction type, but acid free! A whole package of almost 700 sheets for $9.00. They have been creating and there are paper scraps all over the floor. Just the way I like it....signs of life everywhere.

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

LisaBee
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Lisa
Sparta TN
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2006 :  11:52:16 AM  Show Profile  Send LisaBee a Yahoo! Message
How do you ladies think I feel about all of this paper and sticker stuff? I put on 32 retail scrapbook shows a year and manage to buy stuff at EVERY one of them! Who could resist...booth after booth of the prettiest papers and most creative embellishments you can imagine! And we won't even get into the RIBBONS! I just had a couple of girlfriends over for a few days to scrapbook around the clock (and they DID!) and they had a blast "shopping" in my scrapbook room. Every time I go to do a show, I promise myself that I will NOT buy anything (I don't even scrapbook...I make cards!) but I get there and some vendor will have SOMETHING I CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT...so sad. The really bad thing is this...on Monday, I will be in Las Vegas for 4 days for the Craft and Hobby Association's main trade show. This is where all the scrapbook store and other craft store owners come to meet with the manufacturers and order all the newest products for their stores. It's where I get to see everything that will be in the stores in 6 months. I am in BIG trouble. I will let you know what I find....

"There is no teacup too large, nor book too long."
http://lisa222.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2006 :  12:59:02 PM  Show Profile
Wow Mary Ann, what a treasure you have.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2006 :  2:40:19 PM  Show Profile
Thankyou, Melissa; I think so, too.
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2006 :  4:31:05 PM  Show Profile
Lisabee! Wow...you've got a ready supply for your fix! I bet your heart beats fast when you see the new stuff. Stay strong...only buy what you will use (yeah, right!)

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2006 :  6:09:40 PM  Show Profile
Wow, I was searching for something I think I remember that someone posted and came up with this thread! (I was looking for a link to a site that sells 'artsy' labels for use in your printer for "farmgirl" style products - maybe brown paper? - and I can't find it but I did come across this old thread. If anyone knows what I'm looking for I'd appreciate a reminder.

Does anyone make paper? I went to a fiber arts seminar a few years back, put on by Mid-Atlantic Fiber Arts Association, and there were some handmade papers there to die for (or dye for!) with everything from yarns to leaves embedded in them. Just gorgeous. One lady who taught the paper classes always wore a hat for some reason, I must have seen her in 20 different hats during three days. Can't remember her name...

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2006 :  12:12:47 PM  Show Profile
Maybe our Rhonda knows. She just sent me the cutest handmade things and they had brown primitive tags, I of course left them on because I just love them.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Paper and Stickers Anonymous Club Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page