Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 What to do with leftover cooking oil?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic What to do with leftover cooking oil? Next Topic  

22shortie
True Blue Farmgirl

329 Posts

rebekah
sulphur la
USA
329 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  6:39:36 PM  Show Profile
When I lived at home with my parents, our house was smack in the middle of ten acres and no neighbors were within sight, so we ussually just emptied the leftover cooking oil out back away from the house and away from where people walked. But now, I live on a little patch of "home" with neighors on all sides of my house so emptying the oil out the back door really isn't an option : ) I never really thought about WHAT to do with the oil but I never put it in the trash can ( unless there is an empty milk carton that I can pour it into and toss it out) and I dont think it goes down the drain well so what do most poeple do with the old oil...It's driving me CRAZY!?!

http://pumpkinseed-unscripted.blogspot.com/

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  7:29:28 PM  Show Profile
Fuel you car? We have friends that travel all over the country...they stop at fast food places to get used cooking oil to fuel their van. How cool is that?

I will sing at the top of my lungs, and I will dance even if I'm the only one...

http://www.kattywhompus.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  7:36:18 PM  Show Profile
If you have a glass jar, such as spaghetti sauce jar, you could dump it in there and close the lid really tight. I dump mine out in the cornfield and the dogs and cats usually run over and try to lick it all up.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  7:51:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
If it is all veggie oil you could probably put it in your compost heap.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic What to do with leftover cooking oil? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page