Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Linder How was your trip to Minnesota?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Linder How was your trip to Minnesota? Next Topic  

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  10:11:22 AM  Show Profile
Linda, Did I miss your post on how your trip to Minnesota went. You didn't freeze up did you? JoAnn

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  10:30:51 AM  Show Profile
Did you dress properly? lol- :) I remember your post asking about how you should dress for the cold. :)

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  10:58:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
Well girls, I had a ball!

I got off the plane and it was about 0 with the windchill factor...a little shocking when my low here in L.A. is about 40! LOL!
I promptly made a b-line for the bathrooms and put on some tights under my jeans and happily had a few layers of everything else to stack on top of myself and was in pretty good shape!
I hadn't seen my best friend for 7 years so much of our time was spent crying (happy tears) cooking and walking in the snow.
I purchased these amazing vintage wool pants off of ebay as well as some wool/cotton blended long johns. But I only needed that combo for 1 day. I was lucky to get a balmy 25 degrees one day and 35 the next so regular bundling up was all that was required thank God! I was really concerned about that windchill factor.
So the dry run is out of the way and next Wednesday I leave for Chicago to go spend 5 days with my boyfriend. I even have a job interview! Gotta be open to all the possibilities you know?
The weather there is SO snowy, poor Dan has cabin fever something fierce!
The good news is that thanks to all of you, I no longer worry about being cold!

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk to blossom
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  11:40:24 AM  Show Profile
Linda, I'm glad you had a good time with your best friend...7 years....long overdue! Now you're acclimated to the cold, so now you'll be ready for Chicago. Have a great time!

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  11:46:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Judy! I'll report back on how the Tundra in Chicago is! LOL!

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk to blossom
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Linder How was your trip to Minnesota? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page