Page: of 14

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  11:38:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Yea, that's what Jack says....I drive him crazy cause I am always jumping on his verbal typos. He says that most of the time I act like I am hard of hearing till he says something goofy and then I am all over it!!!

Visit my blog at: www.sewonandsewfourth.blogspot.com
Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Aprons and other fun things for sale at: www.honeybeez.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  11:39:54 AM  Show Profile
yeah yeah yeah!

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  12:04:53 PM  Show Profile
Hi there Karin..
Nice to have you!

You'll be ever so warped by the time you are finished with this Swap, dealing with THIS group of Girls!!!
We are SO out there!

Thanks For the Go Mama Grace!...
Now if I can just come up with something!Still having a creative block..

Kathie.. Farm Girl Sister #29

"In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself"..
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  12:41:23 PM  Show Profile
Whats the we stuff Kathie I thought it was just you! I mean just ask Jess she will testify to that! But without you it would be dull. LOl
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  1:04:31 PM  Show Profile
hahaha!

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  2:43:37 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Mama Klucker will definitely have to make 2 extra for the grand girls because when they see Nana with one on, ya know I will.
Ok Kathie, enough of this creative block, we have decided to banish it from your presence and to send in those lovely creative fairires for you. The sewing ones are increbilby busy, thought we would send you the creative ones....ROFL

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  2:57:56 PM  Show Profile
fairires...that sounds creative!

Go to Top of Page

amyartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

991 Posts

Amy
Junction City Ohio
USA
991 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  3:17:18 PM  Show Profile
Great...thanks Grace! Glad that I can create felt pins w/ you all. So we only make 8 pins then? What is funny, after looking in my stash, I had 8 pin backs left over....how cool is that :-) Can we add in other elements with the felt like buttons and small pieces of other fabrics (stitched on)?

Farmgirl Sister #21
Proud member of Bees w/o Borders and ArtFuL SisTeRs

http://artfulheart.blogspot.com
http://farmgirltales.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  3:20:18 PM  Show Profile
oh yes! yes you can!!!!

Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  3:24:19 PM  Show Profile
Hello again, I do think this is going to be a really fun thing to do. I have spent some time burrowing through the strata in my sewing room to locate my felt bits and pieces. Sewing is so soothing, though my cats usually feel like they must come and help me. They enjoy themselves so much it is hard to shoo them away. Could someone tell me how I would post a picture of a pin should I dare to do so? My daughter tells me I have adult onset Down;s syndrome when it comes to computers. Many years later, I have mastered some points of e mail, but I usually have to beg assistance from one of my children if they are available.
Oh, I wanted to tell you about my garden, nestled under lots of snow at the moment. When I was young and nimble I loved to garden, and my husband and I used to plant big veggie plots and i would liberate plants from the roadside, etc. Now that I am older and arthritic, etc. I decided I would have a friend build me some raised beds. They are almost waist high and long and narrow so it is easy to plant them. My friend Delia looked at them and said "Ooh, Viking graves". They are made out of railroad ties (the ones without the bad stuff in them) and now I think of it as my Viking graveyard gardens. My mother was
Danish so maybe that accounts for it. I had a lot of work done on this house when I moved in six years ago and most of the garden plots for flowers around the house got disappeared by all sorts of plumbing and electrical adventures. I plant some new perennials every year, but I keep having household crises that throw a spanner in the works. Two years ago on Christmas Eve, my well died. The plumbers didn't really want to come because it was about 11 degrees out, with a nice brisk wind to set yr teeth chattering, but they did come and tear up my yard and my flower garden again. Oh well, it's kind of like ripping out stitches on a much grander scale.
It's so nice to know there are kindred spirits , apron aficionados, quilters, etc. out in cyberspace.

well I best get hopping on this felt pin adventure, I do tend to run on a bit, but it's easy to scroll on past, I have mastered the art of computer scrolling.......Karin
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  3:32:10 PM  Show Profile
hey Karin..we love to chat..so chat away gal. we love to hear about fellow farm girls lives and adventures..so talk to us all ya want to.:0)your gardens sound lovely too by the way. ..and welcome to the farm!

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  3:43:41 PM  Show Profile
karin..sounds fabulous..we shouls all have tea at karins house next week. If you wanna post a photo, go get yourself a photobucket account. Then click on upload and it will pop up your pics saved on your comp. select the pic you want, upload it, then click on "edit", make it smaller by clicking on "website" or "message board."...then go to the bottom right hand corner and copy the "IMG code" then come here to the message box and paste in the img code. easy enough right? it took me awhile and a some phone counselling by Bev..Bee HAven MAven..it was the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Many happy postings, and show us your pins!

Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  3:57:20 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by smoothiejuice

karin..sounds fabulous..we shouls all have tea at karins house next week. If you wanna post a photo, go get yourself a photobucket account. Then click on upload and it will pop up your pics saved on your comp. select the pic you want, upload it, then click on "edit", make it smaller by clicking on "website" or "message board."...then go to the bottom right hand corner and copy the "IMG code" then come here to the message box and paste in the img code. easy enough right? it took me awhile and a some phone counselling by Bev..Bee HAven MAven..it was the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Many happy postings, and show us your pins!

Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  4:02:05 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for the photo posting info, I think I'll just go make myself a cup of joe to activate my few remaining brain cells before I attempt to accomplish this. I did just e mail a blank reply because I;m so smart at this electronic stuff....I just found dangerous apron information and I can see there is way too much fun to be had with the farmgirls.....Karin
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  4:19:19 PM  Show Profile
Joe sounds like a plan I started mine and will be waiting to see your pic. It takes a minute but you will get it. It is fairly easy I avoided it cause I thought it was hard but it is not.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  4:30:31 PM  Show Profile
I will be havin chai..too much Joe this morning...not feeling too monogamous this evening!

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  5:10:07 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
just a little hint for the newbies: since ya like aprons go to the apron and etc. topic and scroll up and around...keep going and you will get to see some pics of our aprons...you will enjoy it. You really don't have to read all the words, just look around and enjoy pics there are plenty before Christmastime.

May we always be in thankful contemplation of God who presides over us all.
Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  5:11:00 PM  Show Profile
Ok farmgirls, I think I might have successfully uploaded my pictures of a few of my quilts on Photobucket. This is the address. I think.http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r316/electricdunce/?albumview=link
I'll be amazed if this works! Thanks for the information, Karin
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  5:15:52 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
georgeous Karin! I liked the Guadaloopy one the best! I like your taste in bright and funky!

May we always be in thankful contemplation of God who presides over us all.
Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  5:16:06 PM  Show Profile
Wow Karin you did it awesome quilts Owls must be your favorite. Great job!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  5:20:22 PM  Show Profile
holy smeedle deedles...you been a stitchin girl!! i like your style. Those girls in the quilt in stitch section are gonna love you up! whew! good job...

Go to Top of Page

PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  6:23:44 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Karin, those are some awesome quilts! I also love owls! I adore the churn dash one! It looks like it took forever!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  10:47:21 PM  Show Profile
Karin,
luv your Owl....too cute!
Be sure to join in the next quilt block swaps....it's such fun to make & swap blocks with the ladies here on the forum...

Ok, I pulled out my small stash of felt scraps, & I have found my pattren books w/felt ideas.... but what I can't find is my old felt pattrens that I used for some of my pins that I made years ago,,,but I will search through my books some more tomorrow. Wish me luck.
nite nite

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  10:56:29 PM  Show Profile
o.k...I'm getting my ideas together..yay. I think you will all like them.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2008 :  06:21:19 AM  Show Profile
made a really cute one last night before i fell asleep..now i have to go find them all, the kids took them all! carmen even made a few...these are so fun! I have seen em for yrs..cannot figure why i never made em before!

cannot wait to see yours tina!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Felt Pin Swap.... Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page