Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  12:07:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone!! Great news! Farmgirl MaryJane doll is finished!!! I've really grown attached to her. It's gonna be hard to see her go, but like all empty nest situations I know it's for her own good!! I've gotta go do a few farm chores, then it's back to the sewing machine I go. MeggieRae is waiting to be created. This is really so much fun. I hope everyone has as much fun with the dolls as I have had making them.
Oh, and thank you too MaryJane CindyLou,Carol,Clare and Kim for all your wonderful support! The idea of operating the project from the farm is wonderful. Having you at home base and working out the details of scheduling should aviod alot of problems. Sounds like you've been there done that already! Again thank you so much. Well I'd better go tend to the critters.....my ol' Singer is calling me... Luzy lets sew!!!!

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  1:49:27 PM  Show Profile
Luanne you rock!!! I am planning MaryJane doll and Meggie doll's itinerary when they land in Kansas. There is a cemetary nearby ( now do not fear farmgirls I am not eyeing plots with the precious farmdolls sitting on a bench nearby) that put in a beautiful labyrinth out of stone and slate that when MJ and Meg and I need to chill and meditate will be walking... I promise I won't take them to my fav bookstores cause they are probably burned out on those...some football games, neighbors annual bonfire party, watch me feed Ruby, harvest grapes, ect. Can hardly wait! I just hope no one turns me in to the local cops thinking I escaped from a special facility while carrying the dolls around with me! If I get questioned I will refer them to this huge force called MaryJane's Farmgirl Connection!

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  2:17:25 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I can't wait either!!!! This will be so much fun!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  6:01:00 PM  Show Profile
I think I am going to introduce the Maryjane and Meggie dollies to my granddaughter - don't worry, she will not play rough! I just want to let her give them a hug and a kiss.

jpbluesky
Go to Top of Page

showmemom
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

karen
carthage mo
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2005 :  09:44:33 AM  Show Profile
hey luanne!!

big hug and kiss to you for all your hard work and creativity! can't wait until MJ and MeggieRae travel to good old Carthage. I'm not as organized as Meadowlark but will be sure to have something worked out when it gets to be my turn!!

what fun!!

talk to you soon.
karen

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.
Victor Hugo
Go to Top of Page

Susie Q
True Blue Farmgirl

122 Posts

Susan
So. California
USA
122 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2005 :  3:02:53 PM  Show Profile
MaryJane dolls? Someone has to tell me what this is about? Are they being made for a charity?
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2005 :  9:08:12 PM  Show Profile
Way to go luanne, those girls are going to love New Zealand. Wonder if they will meet any farmboy bachelors down here????
Go to Top of Page

lamamama
True Blue Farmgirl

255 Posts

Melanie
CA
USA
255 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  12:22:44 PM  Show Profile
Yes, what is this about?!?
Please tell..........
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  12:37:53 PM  Show Profile
Here's the cross-reference post. We should really try to keep these things together for continuity.
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1584&SearchTerms=dolls

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

Susie Q
True Blue Farmgirl

122 Posts

Susan
So. California
USA
122 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  10:11:10 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Clare

Here's the cross-reference post. We should really try to keep these things together for continuity.
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1584&SearchTerms=dolls

Thanks Clare
Go to Top of Page

lamamama
True Blue Farmgirl

255 Posts

Melanie
CA
USA
255 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2005 :  1:05:00 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the connection!
I checked it out & I LOVE this idea.......it really is "Mail Art!" How can I be part of it, or help in some way?
Melanie
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2005 :  1:20:52 PM  Show Profile
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/farmgirl-connection/mail-lists.asp

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

shepherdess
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Robin
Eatonville Washington
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2005 :  11:45:40 PM  Show Profile
I am sorry i guess I am a little dense. Do we sign up again for the lists that we already signed up on. This is a little confusing.Thanks for the help

Farm Girl from Western Washington
" From sheep to handspun "
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2005 :  10:26:22 AM  Show Profile

Hi farmgirls!!
Robin, we are in the process of managing all the mail lists here at the farm. That frees all you wonderful farmgirls up to be creative and leave the "work" to us.
We have the current Mail Art list now. If you are already signed up, we've got your name and information from Kay.
If someone does sign up twice on the same list, that's okay because we will be double checking each list.
Thanks again Clare for being such a great "mother hen" ~ you take such great care of all the new farmgirls at heart on the forum!!
sunnily yours,
Cindylou

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2005 :  10:33:52 AM  Show Profile

Luzy dahlin' ~ you are a "doll" yourself!!! You are most welcome, we are happy to manage the mail list for the traveling MaryJane and MeggieRae dolls. THANK YOU for making them ~ I am envious of your creativity!! They will have a wonderful time on their travels!
Meadowlark~ you are an angel! I just love all the adventures you are planning for the dolls!!
Clare~ thanks yet again for your wonderful stewardship of the forum farmgirls!!
Farmgirls ~ you are all absolutely amazing!! Thank you for being part of this wonderful Farmgirl Connection group!

love ya'll,
Cindylou

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

shepherdess
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Robin
Eatonville Washington
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2005 :  10:39:14 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Cindy Lou. I got it now, LOL

Farm Girl from Western Washington
" From sheep to handspun "
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2005 :  11:46:17 AM  Show Profile

You are most welcome Robin! How's that lovely granddaughter of yours? I sure hope to meet YOU at Farm Fair next summer!!
love ya,
Cindylou

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16441 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16441 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2005 :  3:53:33 PM  Show Profile
Oh my golly gosh, Luzy. Your traveling mother/daughter team is here with me, finally. They're ADORABLE! They're perfect!!!! You girls won't believe what Luzy came up with. The mother has (guess I should say I have), black felt boots with little white side buttons topped with vintage lace, suspenders (of course with little bits of leather at the ends), a darling little black kind of long underwear shirt with tiny little hand-sewn loops and baby buttons, an embroidered smile, rosy red cheeks.... Meggie is wearing overalls (I loved the recent chatroom thread all about overalls!), gold laced black boots...oh and straw farmgirl hats for both of us and the most clever traveling denim (pants) bag with our names embroidered on the front. I can't wait to scan the pics of Luzy with her dolls (I mean us) on her tractor, cleaning garlic, chatting with geese (for real)...here's what I'm thinking. Meg and I have to leave in two days for several bookstore signings and TV spots in Seattle. We'll be back next weekend. While I'm on the plane I'm going to embroidery the chicken on Meg's bib overalls and have them (us, dang it) join us! Pics soon then!!! Traveling with us as we travel...maybe even on TV! Perfect timing, Luzy!!! This is just the best surprise ever. And right now coming up my road are 6 new Dexter hiefers in a trailer (having traveled 8 hours today) for our someday dairy. (Meadowlark was my inspiration for Dexters.) What a wonderful adoptive day this is turning out to be!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2005 :  6:37:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi there MaryJane! I'm so happy to hear that the girls arrived safely and that you liked them. I'm so excited to hear about the first leg of the journey you have planned for them. And a plane ride to boot!! It's all too wonderful. I can't wait to see photos of you and MeggieRae with the dolls. Thanks again for the opportunity to make them. It was such a fun project. Oh, I almost forgot..congratulations on your newly adopted cows. I'll bet they're beautiful! Love and Hugs! Luzy
Go to Top of Page

MNFarmGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

USA
52 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2005 :  10:48:17 AM  Show Profile
I had a little question, would we be able to know when the FarmGirls would be coming to our homes? It's not a big deal if we can't; I know you want to protect our addresses and things. Thanks Luzy for coming up with such a fun idea! I will keep my back door light on for them, Aubrey
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2005 :  11:17:38 AM  Show Profile
I can't wait for all of this to unfold! Yippee! They sound SO cute Luzy!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2005 :  11:23:05 AM  Show Profile
Oh, I have got to clean the spare guest room! Let's see for my honored guests I will put my best quilt on the bed and some nice fluffy pillows. I will pick a pretty wild pasture flower bouquet for the nightstand. Want to make MJ and Meg doll feel right at home!

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2005 :  1:23:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi farmgirls! Oh my gosh, wait until you see the Farmgirl MaryJane and Farmerette MeggieRae dolls Luanne so beautifully handcrafted! They arrived at the farm the end of last week and are now in Seattle with MaryJane and Megan. They traveled over for two booksignings and a TV news spot. They come back tomorrow, I'll be curious to hear all about the trip ~what adventures did those farmgirls and dolls have??!! We'll add traveling items for the dolls and write in the journal, which will be here early next week. Thank you very much Kim P. for offering to personalize a journal that will travel along with the dolls!!
As you know, MaryJane will organize the mailing lists here at the farm. I'm sure you will be notified of an arrival date. What do you think is a reasonable amount of time to enjoy the dolls and add to their "trousseaus?" We want to allow time for everyone to dive into adventures with the dolls. Let me know what you think!
MNFarmgirl ~ Welcome to the Forum! We all look forward to getting to know you!! This is the best group of farmgirls at heart friends around! Please sign-up for this wonderful adventure by e-mailing dolls@maryjanesfarm.org
Check out the other projects by clicking on the Mail Lists "bubble" by the photo of the little farmgirl on the opening page of the Farmgirl Connection Forum.
Bye for now!
sunnily yours,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2005 :  1:34:39 PM  Show Profile
Good Morning Farmgirls!!

MaryJane is pleased to announce that you can now sign up to be on our mailing lists for all the various Farmgirl Connection projects … from traveling aprons, books, buttons, charm squares, dolls, and quilts to sharing mail art, birthdays and recipes.

We’re now ready and willing to gather up all your mailing lists for these projects and manage them here at the farm. Just click on the “Sign up for Farmgirl Connection Projects” link from the Farmgirl Connection opening page to see descriptions of all the traveling projects.

Sign up for the projects that suit your fancy. Send your name, physical address, e-mail address and phone number. You'll hear back from Kate. While we monitor the lists for privacy and safety, all you farmgirls at heart can turn your energies toward creativity!

I know there is some confusion, as the mailing lists were started on the forum and are now managed here at the farm. If you’re curious to know if you’re already on a list, please contact Kate@maryjanesfarm.org and she’ll be happy to check for you. Take it Kate! …

---------
Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Kate Edwards and I’m a new member of the MaryJanesFarm crew (oh how exciting!!). I grew up just north of Spokane in a little town called Riverside with my Mom (Teri), Dad (Steve) and little sis (Allie). After high school I went to Eastern Washington University, where I studied Communications. Throughout my life, I’ve always been the kind of person to follow life’s little paths wherever they decide to take me, and this past spring my path took an exciting turn. I was introduced to MaryJane’s son, Emil, at my mom's spring antique show (The Farm Chicks Antique Show and Open Marketplace). The next thing I knew, my weekends were full of visiting the farm in Moscow to see my new boyfriend (oh how fun it is to be a girl!!). Then just this past week, MaryJane offered me the delightful job of organizing the mail lists for all the fun farmgirl projects on the forum and to run MaryJane’s Bed & Breakfast. I couldn’t pass it up!! What an amazing dream this has all become. Now that you all know a little about me, it's time for me to learn all about you. Can't wait to chat with you all soon!!
---------

Other new forum features:

We’ve added a section for Farmgirl Chapters on our website. Our new web features allow you to sign up to Start a Chapter, do a Chapter Search to find and communicate with neighboring chapters, read a recent Newsletter, sign up for a Traveling Journal, and attend a Farmgirl Campout Convention. We’ll also be able to add new pages as new ideas are created.

The Farmgirl Connection is continuing to grow by leaps and bounds thanks to Clare, Eileen and all the fabulous farmgirls at heart that are gathered here! The strong ties of friendship are held together by all our apron strings!! Thank you all for participating in the Farmgirl Connection!

Sunnily yours,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16441 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16441 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2005 :  5:29:35 PM  Show Profile
Just in!!! Photos of Farmer MaryJane and Farmerette MeggieRae

Hi there MaryJane! It was sure good to see you the other night (and your dolls) at your book signing in Bellevue! Donna and I were just thrilled to spend a few moments with you and Meg, and get a little bit caught up on things from Moscow. We are so proud of you MaryJane....if anyone deserves to be successful and make a go of it...well that would be you! I was an active part of your farm for only a short time, but I have always treasured it! Like I told you, I have embarrassed Donna on several occasions by taking a long, deep smell of your wonderful food while shopping at REI and reminiscing the early days when us Farmgirls were working hard everyday, and coming back for more each morning to see what would blossom out of our work. I was happy to hear that you still have my spinning log! But, I am absolutely tickled PINK that you would consider naming a cow after me! Hope you enjoy the pics....they are a bit grainy from the fluorescent lights in the bookstore, but fun! Donna and I are looking forward to taking you up on a night in the tent and around the campfire next summer! Tell Nick that we said howdy! Yee Haw....You Go Girl!
Rebecca Jean & Donna

AND...
Here are some photos of the dolls taken with their creator Luanne (Luzy) before they left for their adventures.
www.maryjanesfarm.org/farmgirl-connection/dolls.asp
If you would like to have MaryJane and MeggieRae visit you, sign up at dolls@maryjanesfarm.org.
Next on their travels? New York City. Stay tuned for more photos.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2005 :  05:05:24 AM  Show Profile
Wonderful photos! And the sweetest dollies I have ever seen. Can't wait to have them visit my town! MaryJane, I like your boots, too!

jpbluesky
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Farmgirl MaryJane Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page