Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Felting Machines Next Topic  

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  10:20:09 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Has anyone ever used one? Do you know of anyone who has used one? What kind have you/they used or would you/they recommend. I saw it demonstrated on a TV program and it looked very interesting and like something I would like. My sewing machine is to old to buy the attachment for it and I can't see replacing my machine for lots of $$$. When it looks like a felter machine is only $ more. Linda has posted a site for a machine and before I buy I would like some more input from experienced users. Thanks ladies!!!!

http://www.bboopster.blogspot.com
3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  5:21:04 PM  Show Profile
Hey there Linda and Betty Jo,

I have the Janome Needlefelting machine you two are looking at over at Allbrands.com. I bought mine from a Janome dealer when it was on promotion.
Hey Betty Jo,

Here's the info about my Janome Needlefelting machine:
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com/needlefelting.html

Using many different types of foundation (including wool) you can make your own wool felt..any thickness, anyway you envision it to be..it is a cool machine to have.

I'll be happy to answer any questions you have but read my page about the machine and see if you understand all you can do with it..it's really an awesome machine.

Stephanie
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.blogspot.com
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com

"Idealists…foolish enough to throw caution to the winds…have advanced mankind and enriched the world." ~ emma goldman
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  7:41:24 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Thanks Stephanie. Looks like there is a new machine in my future.

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  7:53:13 PM  Show Profile
You're gonna love it! It'll be fun having someone else around here having one..no one else has mentioned having one that I know of other than me.

Let me know when you get it ok? I know there are many farmgirls that have wool roving for sale...there are some beautiful blends for sale on Etsy and Ebay.

Talk to ya later, Stephanie

"Idealists…foolish enough to throw caution to the winds…have advanced mankind and enriched the world." ~ emma goldman
Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  11:27:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
OK, here's a dumb question...wool roving? What is that? I am learning so much from you!

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk to blossom
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  8:26:49 PM  Show Profile
Hey there Linda,

I posted an article about wool Roving, Batts, Top and Locks...hope it helps you a bit..I'll be adding more info about the machine needlefelting process.

www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com/tutorialsandarticles.html

Stephanie

Edited by - queenofdreamsz4u on Feb 07 2008 8:27:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  07:56:15 AM  Show Profile
Hi Linda

You will enjoy needlefelting - it is a very creative process. Once you get the technique down you can let you mind wonder. If you ever need help I teach needlefelting and have done so for about eight years so I can give trick of the trade that really work.

Also if you are not sure about rovings and such I have put on my etsy site last week a beginners packet for needlefelters of the best wool in a variety of colors so you can play without a huge investment. No pressures - I am here to help.

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  3:36:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
Hi Stephanie and Grace!

Wow, great information...thank you SO much! Just got a great pattern book for felting project called "Warm Fuzzies" I can hardly wait to get started!

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk to blossom
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2008 :  07:49:13 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Hello Stephanie and Grace, I will be e-mailing both of you with questions about this new to me craft. Thanks for your patience with this newbie. I have been to both of your blogs. Grace those are the cutest lambs I have every seen. I also shed tears when I read about your baby boy. Thank you to both you ladies for your help.

Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Felting Machines Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page