Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 Ark, Tenn, Ken, and Miss FarmGirls??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Weather Report: Previous Topic Ark, Tenn, Ken, and Miss FarmGirls?? Next Topic  

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  05:39:04 AM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
Farmgirls from Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky and Missippi, Please check in! I'm sure I'm not the only one out here worrying!
Praying for all!

I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by. ~anon

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  05:57:15 AM  Show Profile
I'm good up this way,in Northern Kentucky, Sherry. Thanks for asking about us!! Just some downed trees and wet, wet, wet. I'm going to check on Nubidane (Lisa) because she's in Brown county, Ohio and I think they got hit pretty hard--they are without power today.

How about all the other girls?

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

jenbove

320 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
320 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  07:36:39 AM  Show Profile
We're good here in northern AR, too, but I know many people suffered damages & injuries not far from us. We took the 3 kids, 2 dogs, & 1 willing cat into our little concrete storm shelter for about an hour last night, just in case. When the kids got restless, my hub read Rudyard Kipling's story "The White Seal" by lantern light. Everybody was glad to get back into our cozy house. It was about 65 degrees last night, and this morning it's darn cold - even had a quick sprinkle of snow.

Wonder how things are around Julie "willowtreecreek" in Russel??

Jen

GOT A "WILD HAIR"?
COME VISIT MARYJANE'S OUTPOST!

www.maryjanesoutpost.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member # 9

My Blog: The View From My Boots
www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  11:56:24 AM  Show Profile
Sherry, doing ok here in East Central Kentucky. It was a bit scary last night and we went to the basement around 1:30 am or 2:00 am I think. Tornado siren went off 4 times. Quite a bit of wind and lots of rain. It's been raining off and on today but we are supposed to get a bit of snow this evening. Thanks for checking!

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  12:24:01 PM  Show Profile
Hey Sherry,

I'm in Southaven, Mississippi right at Memphis, Tennessee
Here's a slide show of a tornado that formed that I took from where I'm living...Lots of destruction around me but I'm ok..

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/queenofdreamsz/Tornado/?albumview=slideshow&direction=reverse

Thanks for checking on us!

Stephanie

"Idealists…foolish enough to throw caution to the winds…have advanced mankind and enriched the world." ~ emma goldman
Go to Top of Page

jenbove

320 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
320 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  12:34:37 PM  Show Profile
My hub just called from work to say he'd be late because he has to help the locals over in Melbourne, AR figure out how to bury a bunch of cows that got blown all over the highways. Poor cows. Only 20 miles from us as the crow -- or cow -- flies. Yikes.

Jen

GOT A "WILD HAIR"?

www.maryjanesoutpost.com

Go to Top of Page

farmgirl blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

777 Posts

Lea
TN
777 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  4:23:15 PM  Show Profile
We are safe & sound here in west Tennessee though so many families were not as fortunate. So much destruction that it just breaks my heart. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness.

Blessings, Lea
www.farmhouseblessings.blogspot.com
www.farmhouseblessings.etsy.com

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  4:32:49 PM  Show Profile
hey guys. All is well with us. We had some amazing staight line winds. Our windchimes were perfectly horizontal! We don't have a storm shelter but had all the dogs one of our cats, and ourselves in the tiny bathroom with blankets and pillows and such til it passed over. The old barn at the end of our street was destroyed and a lot of trees down but that was it in our area. We were fortunate considering damage around the rest of the state. It was 78 when I came home from work yesterday and is supposed to drop into the 20s tonight!!! CRAZY!! Thanks for thinking of me Jen! Glad all is well with you!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

jenbove

320 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
320 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  7:08:38 PM  Show Profile
Oh, good, Julie - glad you're ok too!!

Jen

GOT A "WILD HAIR"?

www.maryjanesoutpost.com

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  03:45:34 AM  Show Profile
So glad everyone is okay. Our local news continues to update with pictures and interviews. How amazing the weather can be.

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  07:09:11 AM  Show Profile
I'm sooo glad my Farm sisters are okay!!!Hugs!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  10:53:03 AM  Show Profile
Hugs to all you gals, glad you are safe...so sorry to hear about the devistation and sadness. My heart & prayers go out to all of you and to those who were not so fortunate. <><

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  11:35:38 AM  Show Profile
I'm glad to hear you all are safe and sound. I was thinking about you. Those tornados were horrific, and what devastation! My heart goes out to those who were not as fortunate.

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Ark, Tenn, Ken, and Miss FarmGirls?? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page