Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 I'll Fly Away - Well I hope I don't (storms in ky)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I'll Fly Away - Well I hope I don't (storms in ky) Next Topic
Page: of 2

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  10:09:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh my gosh! I am so glad you all are okay! Tornados frighten me! I can't even imagine living somewhere where tornados were a possibility. I think I would pack my bags, child, and dog and run for the mountains!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  10:10:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
I agree with Alee,that is scary stuff! Glad to hear you are okay though.

Mama to 2
I am who I am
FarmGirl# 20

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  10:12:50 AM  Show Profile
Well - here is the weather report for tonight....mind you yesterday it got up to 70 degrees. Tonight's forcast:

Windy with some snow flurries possible during the evening hours. Low 31F. Winds WSW at 20 to 30 mph.

Yeah - tornadoes one day, snow the next. Only in Kentucky!! It's common for it to be extremely cold and snowing during spring break here anymore too.

~Jessica in Kentucky & Miss Wilma's Niece~
Farmgirl Sisterhood #137
Gardening is a way of showing that you believe in tomorrow...
http://bluegrassprincess.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

777 Posts

Lea
TN
777 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  12:06:05 PM  Show Profile
Jessica, Miss Wilma & all,
So glad you that you are safe today. It was so scary here yesterday. I don't think I have ever been that scared in my life of a storm. Four counties all around us sustained destruction & deaths. It is just awful. My husband said that the damage even looks worse than what is described on the news. It is so sad. Sounds like Kentucky got hit pretty badly as well. I am so worried about my mom. We don't get anything but local coverage and she is out near Knoxville. Their phones are out and I can't reach her. So please say a little prayer for them.

We spent the worst of the storm in a shelter and then slept in the hallway last night. We are thankfully safe. Just a bit weary. Thanks for thinking of us.

Is Fannie okay? Isn't she in that general area as well?

You're right, Alee! This tornado stuff is for the birds. We lived in tornado alley in Illinois and thought we were getting away from all of that. But it seems the weather has undergone some serious changes even here in the south. I don't like it one bit. We have decided to have an underground shelter dug as our next project as soon as we save the funds for it.

Blessings, Lea
www.farmhouseblessings.blogspot.com
www.farmhouseblessings.etsy.com

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot

Edited by - farmgirl blessings on Feb 06 2008 12:08:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  12:41:56 PM  Show Profile
Girls - please say a prayer for some friends in Arkansas. I just got an email from a friend out there. One of her colleagues and family was killed by a tornado yesterday. Another friend from Alabama also wrote to say that they were fine, but one of their friends houses was completely gone. The family was in the basement and had to be rescued, but they are fine.

Lea - I'm glad to hear that you guys came through fine with the storm. Frannie posted on here that things are fine in her neck of the woods. While watching one of the weather men on tv, one of the storms came through from Nashville, on up to Allen County, then basically hitting the counties at the TN border in Kentucky and then it whipped up from Pulaski county (Somerset) and up to Rockcastle County and over. Then we had the line of storms that stretched from border to border. The worst part of it ended up being just south of us in Harrodsburg and then it hit Lexington, mainly the western side of. Some of the schools were without electric.

This weather makes me really dread springtime! I honestly don't know out the folks out in Oklahoma and the midwest handle all the tornadoes and such.

Farmgirl Sisterhood #137
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  8:03:17 PM  Show Profile
Jonni - just thought of you....they showed on WLEX that Aunt Gravy's in Harrodsburg had some of its windows blown out last night, but they have a tarp covering it and will get them repaired soon. I went "woah, Jonni just ate there this past weekend!!"

Farmgirl Sisterhood #137
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  09:39:54 AM  Show Profile
Early this morning I ventured out to see if there was any damage around the house or our neighborhood. The neighbor behind us - their fence is completely blown down now. A couple of pieces were already down before the storms (since like October), so my husband and I are joking to see how long it will take for them to put it back up. One of my heavy concrete statues blew across the yard and several of my garden things are tipped over. Got them all back up and noticed one was broke in half. Other than that, no damage to the roof or house or cars, so that is really good. Around the neighborhood we had one neighbor who's back patio was blown apart and pieces scattered all over. It's amazing what the weather will do...and the funny thing is that our plastic patio table out back didn't move one bit. It's very light too!

Farmgirl Sisterhood #137
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  10:51:28 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for letting me know, Jessica! I'm soooo bummed. They are such nice people!!! But, I know that they're faithful people, too, and they're probably just grateful that noone was hurt and that they can still continue to cook...Gosh. Eerie!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic I'll Fly Away - Well I hope I don't (storms in ky) Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page