Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 What's the worst thing you had to eat & ;)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic What's the worst thing you had to eat & ;) Next Topic
Page: of 2

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  12:52:20 AM  Show Profile
OMG Oysters on the half shell. GAG I like them cooked
Go to Top of Page

palmettogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

571 Posts

sue
camden south carolina
USA
571 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  06:23:06 AM  Show Profile
turnips! the only thing is, i didn't know it until i was almost in high school! my mom used to put them in mashed potatoes sooooo i thought that was what mashed potatoes tasted like. and if i ever went anyplace to eat, i'd never order them or if it was at somebody's house, i'd skip taking some and putting them on my plate. i wasted all those years!
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  09:08:46 AM  Show Profile
I forgot about this one! When I was little, my grandmother would cut up a tomato, sprinkle it with sugar, pour milk over it and eat it for breakfast. She seemed to like it so much that I begged to try it too. It was absolutely vile. I don't know how anyone can eat a tomato like that.
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  09:13:56 AM  Show Profile
Poor Sue...that's the same reason my husband pokes around in his mashed potatoes everywhere we go. His mother put turnips in them, too. I made dinner for him when we first started dating, and I was mashing the potatoes and he got really frantic..."Are there turnips in there???" He asked, rather abruptly!!!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  10:06:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh my gosh! Turnips in Mashed potatoes? That is travesty! My worst food memory to date was some sort of veggie dish that my dad made when we were little but he burned the veggies in the microwave. My mom was away on a trip to Philladelphia and we all had to eat our veggies. Poor dad. I know he was tired from working all day and all of us girls were whining for mom to come home.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic What's the worst thing you had to eat & ;) Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page