Page: of 2

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2005 :  5:36:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls, Meadowlark is feeling a bit down in the dumps with life in general.
Can we boost the "old girl ;)" up wiih some prayers?

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2005 :  5:44:10 PM  Show Profile
Helen, Thanks for your concern, I put out some flags a few days ago and the girls have responded with their usual loving thoughts and prayers. I sure don't want to be a prayer "hog" here. Helen, You are so sweet! What a grand Kiwi you are!

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2005 :  7:28:42 PM  Show Profile
Sorry to hear of your heavy heart, Meadowlark. I too have been a bit down lately, don't know why, just have. Needless to say, I feel for you and will indeed keep you in my prayers. Be encouraged Farmgirl! Simply, Julia

"The gloom of the world is but a shadow; behind it, yet within our reach is joy. Take joy!" Fr.Giovanni
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2005 :  7:50:20 PM  Show Profile
Sorry Meadowlark, didnt see your flags. Oh well, a little extra wont do you any harm. :)
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2005 :  7:51:36 PM  Show Profile
Hugs for you to Julia :)
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2005 :  8:01:01 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Helen, hug gratefully recieved.

"The gloom of the world is but a shadow; behind it, yet within our reach is joy. Take joy!" Fr.Giovanni
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1836 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1836 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  07:07:02 AM  Show Profile
I have been down also and am trying to hang in as life is crazy right now. New software at work and everything is a mess to input. Getting over my mom's passing in July. Having to deal with lawyers etc to settle estate. Hoping to buy farmstead if siblings will agree to my offer. Some much is unsettled and not predictable as I like it. Guess I need to just hang on. Hope things are OK for you Meadowlark. Life sure has its ups and downs doesn't it? Prayer helps.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  07:34:43 AM  Show Profile
I am praying for all of you, and must admit I, too, have been fighting off a feeling of depression in the last two weeks or so. We have another hurricane coming our way, and I have not seen my daughter and granddaughter in a while, but I feel it is more than that ...just cannot put my finger on what it is.

Anyway, I have been thinking of you often Meadowlark, and I will also throw in thoughts for you, Marlene and Julia. Marlene, I have been where you are at work, and it just about did me in!

So let me take this opportunity to say "Blessings on all of you. May joy creep in and may something wonderful happen to take the edge off the sorrow that is creeping around! God Bless you!"

jpbluesky
heartland girl
Go to Top of Page

WisGal35
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Cathy
Kenosha County WI
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  08:10:50 AM  Show Profile
Prayers headed out... and maybe this quote will help all in need. Though I have no idea who Srully Blotnick is, this thought has sure helped me on occasion!

“What looks like a loss may be the very event which is subsequently responsible for helping to produce the major achievement of your life.” -- Srully D. Blotnick
Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  08:10:57 AM  Show Profile
meadowlark,julia,jpbluesky I will be storming the heavens for you. what a blessing to be able to feel the love and support here. I am always befuddled when I am ill at ease and "can't put my finger on it". I'm learning tho'that usually there is some fear (F.E.A.R. - false evidence appearing real) at the root of my discontent, lack of joy, pain...whatever label you want to put on it. Then if I will be still for awhile, count my blessings, breathe deeply,releasing negative thoughts and mind chatter, usually a peace will settle on me. The circumstances don't always change, but in surrendering my control and accepting my responsiblities my perspective changes. You are each lovingly supported by the seen and unseen. Just for today believe.....ALL IS WELL!!! The joy in your journey will always return!

"Faith shall finish all that Hope begins."

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  08:22:33 AM  Show Profile
Kim, that is beautiful and true. Trust is always hard to give into but once your there all things are precieved differently. The weather here gets me down, not enough sun and always dreary and cold, like it forgot it's supposed to be summer. Well blessings to all, I'll be thinking about ya.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com/artisan

Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  08:22:55 AM  Show Profile
Kim, I couldn't have said it better myself. Stars must be realigning, planets pulling, or some major thing going on in the universe, cause we're all afeelin' it. Be still and know. We will find balance again soon.

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  10:32:29 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Kim, I write through tears, which is good cause I haven't been able to, they are much needed. I love your definition of fear, how true! I have quoted the line from Pippa Passes by Robert Browning, "God's in His Heaven. all's right with the world". Though circumstacne don't change, I can be at peace. Thanks girls! Meadowlark, Marlene and Jpbluesky, you are in my prayers. Simply, Julia

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  11:07:08 AM  Show Profile
I'm praying for all of you! There is definitely something going on as many of us seem to be battling with the blues lately. God is in His heaven and that makes me feel peaceful -- I shall be still and pray for my dear friends.

"If you are lucky enough to have a garden, you are lucky enough!"
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  5:18:53 PM  Show Profile
Add my name to your list of prayer warriors. I will stand in the gap for you as long as it is needed and then some.

linda H
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  7:19:35 PM  Show Profile
Handmaiden Kim that is a beautiful and powerful sentiment. I am sending all those that are feeling burdened prayer and loving thoughts. And special prayers go to the Florida farmgirls and Southeast coastal farmgirls for protedtion and strength in light of the Hurricane Katrina warnings. May God keep you all safe during this hurricane season. Cathy and Julia, your sentiments are also powerful. Such strength in these women!!

Edited by - MeadowLark on Aug 26 2005 7:53:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  8:04:29 PM  Show Profile
Meadowlark, many hugs & prayers to you. I hope you feel better. I agree with Clare & others who say the universe is off kilter. There are many things going on in my & my families life right now. My husbands illness and his nephew just died a very tragic death. My friend is being booted out og her home ..................... All I can give is lovem, prayers and support but at times it doesn't feel like its enough. I know it is, it has to be. Things will get better for all of us. We must have faith. Michele

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  9:27:26 PM  Show Profile
What an awesome thing to have people you don't know, as Linda said, standing in the gap for you. Thank you ladies, your prayers are truly felt. Simply, Julia

Go to Top of Page

nh farmgirl
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

laura
sullivan nh
15 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2005 :  03:40:19 AM  Show Profile
Meadowlark Hi, I am new to this sight. I just love it though and am so glad to have found it. I am sorry to hear you are a bit down. I am praying for you and sending a big hug. Hope you will be in a better place soon.
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  08:27:43 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Meadowlark, How ya doing?

Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  10:43:51 AM  Show Profile
meadowlark, hi are you feeling any better? Just checking in with you. Your still in our prayers. Michele

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

lamamama
True Blue Farmgirl

255 Posts

Melanie
CA
USA
255 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  12:30:48 PM  Show Profile
Healing blessings to all........
Prayers are flowing from my heart to yours. And I deeply believe that the loving energy we create together, & send out, helps with a world "off balance." (I, too, am feeling what so many of you express.) As a Nurse & healer, I am a great believer in focused meditation, & the use of imagery. Perhaps we could agree on something to use to send out our positive love energy - a sunflower, or some other such image. Meadowlark, what speaks to you?
Melanie
Go to Top of Page

lamamama
True Blue Farmgirl

255 Posts

Melanie
CA
USA
255 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  12:48:44 PM  Show Profile
Kim,
I just wanted to say that I think the F.E.A.R. acronym is pure genious!! Where does that come from?
I am going to print one up on a sheet of paper, & post it on my refrigerator.
Melanie
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  12:50:07 PM  Show Profile
I'm not sure of the origin of the F.E.A.R acronym, but I first heard about it in Neale Donald Walsh's books Conversations with God.

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  1:07:20 PM  Show Profile
Clare and all - I have read that book....most interesting. All our lives we feel, in our souls, like we are in dialogue with someone from the infinite, and this book struck me as very intriguing. We are all hardwired to have faith and look to a higher being. I feel my conversations with God have been the most real of any I have experienced in my life on earth. He is always straightforward and succinct in His replies to me. And He does not always tell me what I want to hear.....

jpbluesky
heartland girl
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  1:38:51 PM  Show Profile
How true what you said JP...sometimes the answers are not what we want at the time. Times are hard here in Kansas...but I am feeling the strength from all of my dear farmgirl sisters. I can't describe the feeling, it's just there. My Lord sustains...and this tribe. I was thinking last night as I was watching the news on Katrina and the dire predictions for New Orleans and the Gulf coast...Maybe we are all starting to feel these events and earth changes and the thousands of lives they impact deep inside us. It seems we have all been on edge the last few weeks. Watching the injustice of the poor and elderly with no means to get out of town angered me. Seeing the infirm lined up in wheelchairs in the superdome made me cry. We are a nation of so much, and yet so many suffer here in front of us. Personally, I need to do more for others less fortunate. I can't look away and be apathetic anymore.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Prayers need Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page