The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  2:15:02 PM  Show Profile
Clare and jpbluesky, I read "conversations..." when it first came out many years ago. I had already begun my own personal spiritual journey and it so affirmed and validated all that I was feeling. It was hard to control the emotions and joy that I felt that someone else was experiencing similiar things and was able to articulate so much of it in a very original manner. The book was not my starting point, but my green light to keep moving in the direction I was headed and the nod that I could trust my inner stirrings and guidance.

My brother taught me F.E.A.R. before that. Along with H.A.L.T., which is hungry, angry, loney, tired. When you are out of balance, grumpy, out-of-sorts you HALT and ask yourself, "Am I hungry? Angry? Lonely? Tired? Sometimes the answer is a simple thing to take care of, but we are all so busy that most of us lose touch with both our physical sensations and basic needs and our emotional ones. So, be still, focus and take care of YOU. By the way, HALT works wonderfully on children and teaches them a valuable tool.

Many thanks to all who were praying concerning Katrina...all that focused energy works miracles everyday!

We are in this all together and fellowship with open minds and hearts is such a comfort and support!

meadowlark, I think you are right on target...as the hurricane stirred so did we...we are all connected...everything!!! which is why we can't look on others pain and not feel it too. I'm with you...love is ACTION. I'm reminded of Mother Teresa (i think) when she said, "We can't all do great things, but we can all do small things with great love". You all do it here everyday!

My cup overflows.

!

"Faith shall finish all that Hope begins."

joan walsh anglund

Edited by - The Handmaiden on Aug 29 2005 2:24:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  2:22:58 PM  Show Profile
Kim, agree with you totally about "conversations". It was my beginning, but has led to so many other quests and answers as well.

Hadn't heard of HALT yet, but I think that's a great one too! Thanks!!

Balance is what it's all about. Feeling a bit out of kilter myself today, so a very timely reminder. So much going on in the world, and then my own personal stuff that it's alot to take in, isn't it? We must balance personal needs with the desire to provide for others' needs too. BALANCE. yep.

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****

Edited by - Clare on Aug 29 2005 2:26:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  2:24:14 PM  Show Profile
Kim, You hooked me...I am going to order that book! So glad you were spared the wrath of this storm, and all other Louisiana farmgirls. Thanks to all my sweet "sistas" for their support and prayer! I love you all! ((((((HUG))))))

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre

Edited by - MeadowLark on Aug 29 2005 2:27:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  4:32:13 PM  Show Profile
A dear friend of mine sent me this website today - what a coincidence! I have not looked it over entirely yet, but felt the urge to share it with you all. Love to you....

http://www.theinterviewwithgod.com/

jpbluesky
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  5:14:03 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!

In an earlier post Meadowlark said (I paraphrase) "perhaps we are starting to feel these earth changes and events." I concur with this
statement and have worked with a Vedic psychic who has been predicting that 2005 will be the most eventful year of our lifetimes.
She firmly believes in collective love and positive thinking as a way to heal the world.

For those who are interested, go to www.galacticcenter.org. Joni Patry is a very stable, soccer mom type of person as you will see at her website. She is not a wild-eyed, freaky type of person at all.
I have found her work to be fascinating.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  5:25:16 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Connie! From what I read it is very interesting and compelling. JP, That is a beautiful website! Thanks for sharing...Looks like I have some exploring to do this evening...I keep repeating in my mind...God is in His Heaven...can't remeber who posted that.

Edited by - MeadowLark on Aug 29 2005 5:28:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  5:26:29 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!

I just wanted to add one more thing in regard to the Galactic Center site.

I just went back and read Joni's predictions for August, 2005. I quote, "the new moon occurs in the sign of Cancer with Saturn. This can indicate feelings of depression and sadness. It is also a reality check for our nation."

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  5:30:04 PM  Show Profile
Connie, What are the predictions for September?

Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  6:33:29 PM  Show Profile
September Meadowlark,
This is the month where many abrupt, sudden changes will occur. Uranus in Aquarius is opposed the New Moon in Leo. There will be a boost for the economy. Transiting Jupiter will be conjoined natal Saturn in the USA chart. This will bring positive changes for our government and decisions made concerning our future.

Changes in the churches and beliefs will create many shifts in ideas and consciousness. There will be more freedom and acceptance for differences in beliefs. This will be the beginning of spiritual and religious transformations worldwide. Interest in metaphysical subjects such as astrology, mediums and psychics will be on the rise in the media. Answers to explain the unexplainable through science will be developed from a completely different way of understanding. There is a breakthrough in science and consciousness changing all preconceived ideas. This is a revolution in awareness that will provide new hope. Many will have to change all their previous beliefs, as if we just discovered the world is round instead of flat.

Jupiter will change signs September 27 into Libra. Jupiter in Libra will be a very positive change, for Libra is the sign of justice and peace. Jupiter, for the first time in many years is out of aspect from the influence of malefic limiting energies of both Saturn and Rahu. These two planets limit and spoil Jupiter from bestowing its benefic energies. Jupiter is the planet of protection and grace and now that it is out of the clutches of these influences it will produce great protection and much luck and fortune on many. It will also reveal the truth for many bringing peace.

Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2005 :  7:51:44 PM  Show Profile
WOW Helen! Thank you for all that information. It certainly seems to be true in lots of peoples lives that I know. Astrology can be such a comfort in times when everything seems so topsy truvy. Sort of like the BIG picture...and yes! like meadowlark sez' "God is in His heaven"....ALL is Well!

"Faith shall finish all that Hope begins."

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2005 :  12:04:24 PM  Show Profile
We just received word that one of our employee's nephews who is in the Oregon National Guard was killed in a helicopter crash in Afghanistan on Sunday. Prayers for Adrian and his family, please.
http://www.katu.com/stories/79925.html

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****

Edited by - Clare on Sep 27 2005 12:06:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kathy A.
True Blue Farmgirl

116 Posts

Kathy
Utah
USA
116 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2005 :  1:13:52 PM  Show Profile
WOW!! So many farmgirls have the blues right now! Helen, thank you for starting this thread, I have been so down lately, I can hardly function don't remember the last time I felt this bad. changes seem to be happening in my life right now and some of them are major events now I see that there are other things going on as well (besides the obvious ones). Many of the posts here gave me so much to think about! I'm sending joyful thoughts and warm light to all of you. Cheers~ Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2005 :  2:27:29 PM  Show Profile
Clare,

Thank you for posting about this tragic loss. I will certainly pray for this family and all of you that will be touched by this loss.

Linda H.
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2005 :  2:45:05 PM  Show Profile
Prayers now to lift up Adrian and his family in light, love and healing. May the collective love of so many help with these broken hearts and families in this war. Amen

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2005 :  3:45:55 PM  Show Profile
Well said, Meadowlark. Amen.

Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2005 :  05:06:02 AM  Show Profile
Please know that my prayers are added to yours for Adrian and his family and all who are involved in the military and the war.
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2005 :  09:59:36 AM  Show Profile
Adrian and his family are in my prayers.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2005 :  2:34:23 PM  Show Profile
The most comforting thing I know in times of trouble is what the Bible says, "Be still and know that I am God" We don't have to handle it all alone.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Prayers need Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page