CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2008 :  8:29:06 PM  Show Profile
gosh i am loving hearing the stories of your moms and dads .. it makes everyone deeper friends hearing about our families. o.k. ..
let's hear some stories of your siblings?

BROTHERS? SISTERS?

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:
"GATHERING ROOM" ..
http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. up for adoption:
http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  04:44:58 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
I have none Frannie. But I had my cousin that was like a sister to me, but she was bi-polar and had some earthly demons that she struggled with. When she had made a 180 and was on the right path God took her via a drunk driving accident. It was her time though because it just made sense 5-2-84~4-2-04 Things were just how they were to be and you could feel it eventhough it was so hard. We grew up together with a year and almost another in between us. I remember looking into the crib with her in it when she was born (yes I was super young) but I remember things back to when I was 2 easily. She was always a grumpy lil thing. We were dressed up like sisters and did everything together. At her funeral her aunt brought a photo album guess who was in most of the pictures? ME he he with her. It's hard to believe I'll be 26 and she died at 19. She died in Maine but always wanted to move back here and is buried here in town so I visit the grave often and we keep it pretty. On the back of her headstone are 2 butterflies that I paid for because we loved butterflies. Bethany was my equivalent to a sister Frannie.

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."
http://liggygirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggygirlslonggreen.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  06:16:44 AM  Show Profile
My little sister Jaqie is my hero. I don't think I've ever met a purer soul. We're what some people might call "Irish twins" - we're only 13 months apart, but I am definitley the bossy big sister. She was born deaf, so I always felt responsible for her. She had a slow start, but she definitely came on strong! She graduated valedictorian from high school and went on to get a bachelor's degree in social work. Now she supervises deaf kids in the dormitory of the same school she attended! She's come full-circle. She loves dogs and animals in general, and I've never met anyone with a knack for dealing with kids like she has.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  08:33:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I have 3 older sisters.

Jen is the oldest and was always someone for me to look up to. She and I share a love of horses. She and I also like to play computer games and I used to go over to her house and we would stay up all night taking turns playing, laughing, and having so much fun.

Sara is my next oldest sister and I think she would be on this forum too if she had a faster computer internet connection! I got her started on making homemade laundry detergent and lotion and she has turned it into a business!

Heather- Is the next one before me and she comes on here and chats sometimes (Juliet79). While we didn't get along great when we were younger, she is one of my best friends now!

All of my sisters worked so hard on my wedding this past year. They are all super sweet people and I can't imagine my life without them. I love my sisters so much!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  3:38:36 PM  Show Profile
A girl after my own heart, Fanny !!! I love my brother and Sister. We were 4, lived on our rice farm in Kinder, Louisiana and had a ball.

My sister is 9 years older than I and she is my second Mother. Always the serious one, always trying to get me to "do the right thing" Whatever that was !! She and her husband have been married 51 years and they are devoted to each other.

Next was my older brother...he died at 28 of Hodgins disease. That truly was one of the saddest days of my life. I chose my career, a grief counselor becauswe of the way I DID NOT handle his death. My Father died 5 weeks later It was a hard ime--John (My Brother) was really something else. Everyone loved him from childhood. He was a typical "big brother", checking out the boy friends and giving them "the eye"

Then there was my younger brother. He is 7 years younger and is one of the dearest, funniest men on this planet. He has a heart bigger than tommorrow.

One of the strongerst lessons we were taught was loyalty to each other. We might fuss and fight , as kids did, but when something happened to one of us, we circled the wagons.We are still loyal to a fault. We were in 4-H, the boys FFA. showed sheep, quarter horses and Angus steers. Had a ball. Gayle, my older sister, did not. I was more of a tom-boy than she.

Did we have up and downs as a family, YES, But in the end we all turned out pretty well.
Again, Thank you , Fanny for asking about them,. They are precious to me.

Linda H
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  3:42:08 PM  Show Profile
I just wrote a post onmy blog about my sister the other day. It was called Happiest. You really should check it out.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  3:48:54 PM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
my sister and i have always had a great love/hate relationship. she drives me absolutly bonkers and yet i love her to death. we are complete opposites in every way possible except for our country girl tendancies...although, even there we are on diffrent wavelenths. with only 20 months between us and lots of sass in both personalities, we have been very competitive over the years...yet very protective of eachother at the same time.

What we write today slipped into our souls some other day when we were alone and doing nothing.
-Brenda Ueland

http://quilandneedle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

downbranchroad
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Joy
Southern KY
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  4:26:31 PM  Show Profile  Send downbranchroad a Yahoo! Message
I have 2 sisters, 4 brothers. I was the oldest of 7 and even though we were very close in age I kinda felt like their Momma. I am 46 and my baby sister is 36, with 5 siblings in between. Both of my parents worked so a lot of the care of them was left to me. I was like an old mother hen. Always kept them in line. ha.

We grew up kinda of poor but we had so much fun. And some of our best memories was when we lived on "the farm", even though life was hard.

I am so thankful for each of them.

Appalachian Girl
Jem

*If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got.

My new blog!
http://downbranchroad.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lmillward
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Lorie
Riverton UT
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  4:32:39 PM  Show Profile
I have 4 sisters and 5 brothers plus a fistful of unofficial siblings that we took in over the years. I am the oldest of the considerably sized brood with my younger brothers and sisters a good 18-20 years younger. Ergo- i became the second and step-in mom. When my parents were losing their farm and were doing all they could to stay afloat I was running the house, changing the babies, cooking the meals and helping with the homework. That went on for many years and it really shaped who I am today. Crazy but ultra responsible

Long live the weeds and the wildflowers!
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  7:30:37 PM  Show Profile
I have seven brothers and sisters.
Dan-27, Michael-21, Rachel-19, Matthew-14, Emily-11, Katie-8, and Abby-4. These are all from the same mother and father! My little sister Abby is actually just three months older than my own daughter. It can get strange sometimes!
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  11:57:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
Here's a funny story about my older sister and I. Dana had a tendancy to pound the crap out of me when we were kids (she's 5 years older) and I'd about had my fill of that.
One day my Mother bought me a beautiful red rain coat with white stitching on it...I LOVED THAT COAT! Anyway I was twirling in it as girls are want to do when Dana cornered me. She had some hairbrained idea of something I needed to do for her and I said no. She went to pound me yet again and I retaliated by opening my mouth as wide as I could and biting my arm through my brand new red raincoat with the white stitching! I then proceeded to howl like I'd had a limb severed and when my Mom showed up and asked what happened (I'm cleaning up the language here) I hiccuped that Dana had bit me and showed her my arm! LOL!
Now the entire time this was happening my older sister was swearing up and down that I did it to myself etc. etc.
My Mom grabbed my arm and shoved towards my sister and said "Look at how big that bite is, Linda couldn't have possibly done that to herself!"
When my Mom turned her back on me giving my sister what for, I believe a few faces of triumph were sent Dana's way and boy did she get a spanking for that AND never, ever hit me again.
Ahhh, good times, good memory! LOL!

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk to blossom
Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  12:00:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
BTW, I should add that she and I are incredibly close and that is a story that is still told around the dinner table at family gatherings. Kind of fun with her being 53 and me 48!

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk to blossom
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic sisters? brothers? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page