Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Valentine's for your sweetie!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Valentine's for your sweetie! Next Topic  

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2008 :  4:25:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
I have been wracking my brain on what to get for my Darling Boyfriend for Valentines Day and his birthday (which are about a week apart).

In the middle of composing an e-mail to DB's Mother asking her if he had a favorite book or recording as a child I remembered how much he'd told me he loved "Schoolhouse Rock"!

I just ordered the 30th anniversary edition for him and can't wait to see his face when he opens it!

It made me think...what are you doing for your sweetie on Valentines Day or for those that acknowledge every day "just because" what are some of the things you do for your Darling?

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk to blossom

Peanut
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jennifer
Waverly Virginia
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2008 :  5:26:42 PM  Show Profile
I got my girls a dvd apiece and some *little things* (Valentine's pencils, erasers, etc).

As for hubby... um, well... I have a doctor's appointment that day so hopefully all will still be well with the baby! :)

We got engaged on Valentine's Day - we don't even TRY to top that!

"What is a farm but a mute gospel?"
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2008 :  5:54:57 PM  Show Profile
Great question - I always have a hard time coming up with something original and special on Valentine's Day. Our anniversary is a month later and we ususally just go somewhere special for that - but he ususally gets me flowers for V Day.

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2008 :  5:58:26 PM  Show Profile
We dont usually exchange gifts. Sometimes Richie sends me "recycled" flowers which I will be posting about on my blog sometime next week. This year we are going to a Valentine's Dinner at a church in the town where we teach. The youth group serves a sit down dinner to couples and one of my husbands students invited us to it. It should be nice.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2008 :  8:08:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am probably going to just make sure the house is super clean, cook Doug a really nice meal and give ourselves time to enjoy the evening. Often times we are rushing around or preoccupied because the chores aren't done or whatever. If I have gotten some moves down, I might belly dance for him :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2008 :  8:11:40 PM  Show Profile
Oooh Alee, how HOT ....I think I'm sticking with the "bee" theme that Justin and I have been talking about...we signed up for our beekeeping seminar the first Saturday in March and he's devoured everything he can get his hands on so I'm going to get a book that was referenced in an article he really liked, and he's recently taken to my lavender relaxation pillow that I sleep with at night, so I'm going to make him one in the shape of a heart (filled with lavender and hops) and embroider a bee and (hokey, I know) "BEE MINE" on the front....We'll probably do a nice casual dinner someplace, too.

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2008 :  8:40:49 PM  Show Profile
Ya know, we usually don't do anything big for Valentine's Day, usually go out to eat to one of our favorite places that isn't crowded. I never was the type that wanted a bouquet of flowers on just that day because I always thought it was a huge waste of money...but my hubby has always given me 3 pink & yellow roses in a vase for my birthday and our anniversary. We used yellow roses in our wedding because it was my great grandma's favorite flower. She passed away a month before I was married. Too many holidays are close together...Christmas, hubby's bday is New Year's Day, Valentine's Day.

~Jessica in Kentucky & Miss Wilma's Niece~
Gardening is a way of showing that you believe in tomorrow...
http://bluegrassprincess.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2008 :  9:36:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
Belly Dancing! Alee that's awesome. You're my hero. Doug's a lucky man!

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk to blossom
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  07:39:29 AM  Show Profile
I asked DH to not get me anything, just take us out to dinner. We always talk about getting someone to babysit, but then we bring the baby so we don't have to miss him. I love my men.

Farmgirl Sister #91
Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Valentine's for your sweetie! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page