MaryJane
Queen Bee

16445 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16445 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2008 :  5:04:18 PM  Show Profile
1. I think I sorta have a smidgen of face blindness (if that’s possible), which is good kinda because I can’t ever judge a book by its cover! When my first husband came home from donating blood, he said he’d passed out and face-planted into the bowl of “recovery” cookies. Two days later, I said, “you’re still looking pretty pale.” He pointed out that three days earlier, he’d shaved off his beard. I can never recall whether or not a person has facial hair, glasses, the color of their hair, etc. It just doesn’t register but a person’s essence sure does!

2. Huge fan of Oprah. I think she has done more to improve the lives of people than any one person I can think of. She’s a one-woman revolution. When I get the opportunity to watch her show, I keep lots of hankies handy.

3. Love to read the New York Times Newspaper from cover to cover (way out here in Ideeho) even if it does arrive three days late. I always hit it so I buy a month’s subscription half-off, making it cheaper to subscribe to than my local newspaper. I love their magazine, the book review, the arts section, and their detailed features. Also love National Geographic…for traveling to far-away places!

4. Meg and I spend time on the weekends at my 96-year-old father-in-law’s house taking care of him and … HE HAS A SATELLITE TV!!! When we first watched America’s Next Top Model we were all indignant. Now we LOVE it. We sit with little Stella and eat a huge bowl of popcorn and cheer them on. I love the guy who teaches the girls to walk the runway. Ca-UTE!

5. My favorite breakfast is fresh grapefruit peeled and cut up into little chunks tossed with fresh diced ginger and garlic and maybe some fresh turmeric when I can get it with a little salt sprinkled on. I think I’ll live to be 100 eating such a bizarre concoction.

6. I solve all my problems in the bathtub.

7. My favorite reruns are the Lawrence Welk shows--fond memories of how much they delighted my grandmother and mother.

I tag MIKESGIRL. You're it!!!!

MaryJane, Proud Farmgirl #1

~Recession is capitalism's way of getting you to grow a garden~
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2008 :  6:48:16 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
OH!! Thanks Mary Jane--how fun is this!!!

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2008 :  08:26:10 AM  Show Profile
Oooooooo, so much thinking for a Saturday morning!! Let's see - here goes.

1. I took accordian lessons for about 10 years when I was a kid (it was my parents idea!) I got to be pretty accomplished, and would love to pick up an accordian and try it again.

2. I have a secret (not any more!) ambition to be a bluegrass fiddle player. I bought a fiddle at a flea market in San Francisco, and I'm trying to learn a little from a book.

3. The biggest inspiration in my life has been my maternal grandmother. I grew up next door to her and my best memories as a child center around times at her home. She taught me to knit, crochet, and to make the best of what I had. This amazing woman bore 12 children in a rough time in history and did it with a smile and with grace. I loved her dearly.

4. I met my husband on the school bus when I was 14 years old. He had a girlfriend at the time, but her stop was before mine and as soon as she got off, he would come and sit with me. One day, in a moment of sheer abandon, I grabbed his hand! He broke up with her (the minister's daughter - we all know where I'm going now!), and we've been together ever since.

5. Finding MJF was like a lifeline to me. I have always felt like I didn't fit in, with my down home ideas, loving domestic life, etc. I came of age in a time where women were really flexing their newfound independence and EVERYONE had a career outside the home. I used to feel defensive about it, but MJ has shown me that I should be PROUD of it.

6. OK - this one I could get in trouble for - Mr. and Mrs. Allwine, it was Suzanne and I that started the small fire in the chicken house in 1962. Greg, Suzannes older brother gave us a cigarette and we were trying it out and caught the straw on fire. It could have been worse ok?

7. I used to be an only child, but no more since I now have hundreds of farmgirl sisters.

Ok Texas Frannie - tag you're it!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2008 :  4:12:05 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
wow, first i have loved reading all the responses from everyone.
let's see:
1. i am absolutely afraid of flying and have never been near an airplane. i am a huge homebody and dont get off the farm for weeks, but if you go on a trip, i LOVE looking at your photos and hearing all about your travels.
2. i love music and was a bluegrass singer for about eight years, we played on shows with the original dixie chicks and once emily, the banjo player followed me around at a show and said "i love the way you sing"......she was just a youngun then.my dh and i still have a "porch band" and we meet every other week to play music and sing.
3. my dh is a freelance music writer for a texas music magazine and
has been for 20 years, so sometimes when he can get me off the farm,
we get to go interview music folks and meet them. last time i wouldnt go i missed out on meeting john corbett(corbin) the guy who played carries boyfriend on sex in the city. my dh assures me that he wasnt that cute
4. my first husband , divorced me and eventually married a girl one year older than our oldest daughter, that can take the wind out of your sails.
5. i survived a car jacking at gunpoint 10 years ago.
6. i have 2 degrees, one in music therapy and one in occupational therapy, pretty smart huh?...and i still cant balance my checkbook!
7. i'm from the anne frank school of life and basically believe, in spite off everything, that people are basically good. .....especially if they are farmgirls!
i tag grace gerber

love
fran

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)

Edited by - frannie on Feb 16 2008 4:16:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2008 :  5:12:53 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I like your #7 Fran!!! : )

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Tag...your it... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page