True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  9:38:04 PM  Show Profile
Amanda,
Shirley's protege is Hilary Will, who is a great little driver from CA. My son painted one of her helmets that was auctioned off for charity after she only wore it once. Son worked at the race track in Las Vegas a few years ago and is working on maybe going to work with one of the race teams. I got him the store signage when Heart Like a Wheel came out on DVD a year or two back. Now that we've bored everyone else........
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  10:47:17 PM  Show Profile
oops..wow! I just noticed I've been tagged...o.k. here goes...
1.) I was born in Pahokee,FL never have been back to Pahokee since..only reason I was born there was because that was the closest hospital to the town my folks lived in at the time..and to this day the town does not have a hospital.(the town was Indiantown,FL.)
2.) As a kid we had the following animals as "pets": squirrels,wood thrush bird,raccoon,skunk,mockingbird,possum and any other type of stray that found us. We even hatched alligators out from eggs.(my dad was a backhoe operator for a large grove and sometimes the alligator nests would accidentally get destroyed..so that's how we were able to watch alligators hatch out/he brought a few eggs home in his lunch box/the alligators were then given to an outdoor classroom/zoo facility that would teach children about Florida Wildlife.
3.) I can't shoot the broad side of a barn..as my dad used to say when he'd try to get me to practice shooting the rifles.
4.) I am deathly afraid of water and can't stand bridges either.
Our family was supposed to be driving to church in Clearwater,FL the day the large Skyway bridge collapsed..we'd have been on the bridge the day of the disaster had not one of my sisters become ill and the entire family stayed home because of it. I have hated bridges ever since...but the fear of water came from nearly drowning at age 9...and also from my grandmother..when my mom was 12 my granny was driving the truck they had and took the kids to the marina..the marina did not have guard rails just a parking bump..she accidentally hit the gas instead of the brake and the truck went over into 12 ft. of water. Everyone escaped but my grandmother never drove again...and was afraid of water too after that.
5.)My husband and I knew each other for only 1 month and 20 days before getting married..and most of our conversations were done via long distance phone calls...but we've been together for 18 yrs. now.
6.) I was a middle child..I had an older brother..he was 2 yrs older than me(he died when he was 24)..and I have 2 half sisters that are twins..they are 3 yrs younger than me.
7.)When I was a kid I used to want to learn to pilot an airplane..and loved to watch this darling red biplane fly over the fields across the road from my house.
I used to love to go to the antique fly ins as a kid.I still think sometimes about trying out for a pilots license.I have even helped a pilot for a commercial airline study for a pilots test before..so who knows?..maybe one day I'll just go for it and learn...and who knows..you may see a red biplane tipping it's wing at ya...and it just might be me.:0)

o.k...I tag...
torismimi

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2008 :  10:49:27 PM  Show Profile
Well Nancy Jo---what should I say????
1. I love horses
2. I have 3 horses and 2 minis on my place.
3. I want to go to Alaska
4. I smile at everybody
5. I am a happy person as we all should be
6. I like my kids
7. I don't do well on tags although I loved to play tag as a kid because I could run fast
OK, I tag Bonnie Beemoosie

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Naomi Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

1563 Posts

Naomi
Sunshine State
USA
1563 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  12:26:10 AM  Show Profile
Ronna! NOw I've got to figure out 7 random things..ummm..hmm...here goes...
1.I love classic cars...anything from the 50s back...most of the stuff after the 60s...eh..yuck..I like curves on a car...(this is going by looks, not what is under the hood)

2.I love to dance(ballroom)

3.I've not had my hair cut since I was 5(12 years ago), it now has less then 8 inches before it reaches my ankles(no, its not hard to take care of..rofl)

4.I've only been sewing for going on 2 years.

5.I've always gotten on better with people older then myself(like all you ladies!)...other teens usually drive me bonkers...haha

6.I'm terribly shy...most of the time...:P

7.I get chills down my back when I step in ant beds on accident...am I just weird or is that normal?:P

*oops..forgot to tag someone..um....

Smoothiejuice! you, ma'am are tagged! get to it woman!:P

~Naomi~

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be-Abraham Lincoln
Check out my blog:http://thebellamodiste.blogspot.com/
and my Etsy store: www.shesewsbytheseashore.etsy.com

Edited by - Naomi Michelle on Feb 06 2008 12:27:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  04:13:29 AM  Show Profile
1. i hate trying to figure out what to say on these things
2. i might be a perfectionist lol
3. i forced myself to love dark chocolate and now i dont like milk chocolate
4. i talk to my cat like she can actually respond lol always have since i was a kid
5. ok so i really really hate doing the dishes it grosses me out and i dont know why
6. laundry is my true enemy cause i can get it washed, dried and folded but never seem to get
it in the dressers before its undone.
7. i wished i lived in france or any of europe for that matter(ok now to make a funny i have decided that i am a european mutt in other words i am to many parts this and that to be a full blooded anything)

i retag firemama and dairy princess (just to be a pest of course)lol
and i tag katmom

lavendar girl
http://lavendarfieldsdreamer.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  5:11:06 PM  Show Profile
Here you go Nay! Thanks for taggin me.....

1. I have strongly disliked dogs my whole life...I got one in December and secretly I just want to take her with me everywhere I go. And I know she understands exactly what I am saying to her.

2. my husband still gives me butterflies everytime he walks into the room.

3. I used to be against soda, but since I married my husband I have developped a Dr Pepper addiction.

4. Drs and hospitals totally freak me out, so I never go.

5. I am a fabric hoarder..I never knew how bad until I recently set up my sewing room with a hanging bar just for cloth...I have 3,000+ yards, and I never seem to have just what I need and have to go buy more.

6. If I could grow enough clematis..the purple Jackmanii...I would love to build a play house out of wire for it to grow on, for me to play in..not neccessarily my kids.

7. If my husband were game I would keep having kids until my uterus fell out, just because I love them..and that feeling as the placenta separates and emerges.(I know I am really bizarre.)

I tag...

Kathie

and...small graces

Go to Top of Page

small graces
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Jennifer
Candor NY
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  8:04:39 PM  Show Profile
Okay thanks, I guess I can do this, first random thing,
I never reply to those tag you are its.lol, really! I am only doing this one because I love smoothiejuice, she is great.So must be it's a good one.
2. I am a gypsy at heart, because I want to travel the world, but I love being at home,so I need one of those carts.
3. It would have to be a big cart, since I have 7, going on 8 children and I would need a dry place for the sheep to sleep too.Oh, and my hubbby.
4. My daddy is a Baptist pastor and I have a tatoo!!!
can that count for 2 things?
5. I cannot live without being near water. I grew up on lake Ontario, and have lived by rivers or creeks ever since, although they are just a substitute.
6. I know when I am going to win something, I can't say why, but I get a certain feeling and I have never been wrong. Wish I could be so accurate about what the next baby will be!
7. I used to procrastinate, but when I turned 30 I decided not to anymore, sooo, when I am late now it's because I want to be.

I tag Rebekka Mae and Beth(create my world)

"Think about this day for a moment, Charlie Brown"... http://fmnfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  9:03:34 PM  Show Profile
thanks for replyin to this! hehe..i thought it was a corny kind of fun!

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9403 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9403 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  3:09:31 PM  Show Profile
Ok I just saw that Tina tagged me!
So here goes;
1) I love to eat liver and onions....mmmm but don't get to very often becuase no one in my family will eat it.
2) I am addicted to hot tea. Drink it year round.
3) I love to read and would rather read or sew than anything else.
4) Two weeks after dh and I married we moved 6000 miles away from our families. :)
Military not by choice of course. We sort of had a three year honeymoon in Hawaii.
5) My favorite color is anything that looks good on fabric.
6) I held out for twelve years before I would have a dog and then we got two.
7) I live in NJ and my best friend lives in Texas.
I guess those are random.

I tag Bonne!

farmgirl sister #43

Kind hearts are gardens
Kind thoughts are roots
Kind words are blossoms
Kind deeds are Fruits

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  3:33:16 PM  Show Profile
Carol Sue tagged me last page so let me think...

1. I was almost born on an airplane
2. I love pickled ginger beyond reason
3. I collect cook books
4. I aspire to being a published author
5. I used to act in renaissance fairs and make my own costumes
6. I used to stutter as a kid and occasionally still do when very tired or upset
7. While I've settled on the Palouse, I'm really a tumbleweed and could call any place home cuz I love to travel

Howa that?

I tag debinmtns Go Debi!

Annika
Farmgirl sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
http://innermountainmudhens.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoonsgarden.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Annika on Feb 07 2008 3:35:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  2:01:00 PM  Show Profile
Marybeth tagged me on page two!

1)I can eat hot peppers on just about anything! LOOOVE them!
2)I'm an only child
3)My favorite color is green
4)I started browsing antique shops when I was a young mother and they were the only place I could walk to and get out a bit.
5)I am a wannabe author
6)I started quilting 3 years ago and fell madly in love.
7)I love to lay down in the yard in summer and smell the grass~hopefully the neighbors don't think I've passed out back there!

Ok, I tag Junebug!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  2:24:22 PM  Show Profile
Oh, my........
1. I practically exist on peanut butter.
2. I've never eaten a hamburger (that I can recall)
3. I try to learn at least 1 new thing a year. Last year was canning & treadling. This year, so far, snowshoeing.
4. I used to get creeped out by red-headed "boys" as a kid. Now I'm married to one!!! LOL
5. I even have red hair myself, now. Natural (henna-ed) whodathunk?
6. I despise travel that takes more than 2 hrs to get someplace~in fact, I'm so content with where I am, I'd not miss going anywhere (farther than 2 hrs) for the rest of my life.

7. I got my BA in Accounting and worked at that for 10 yrs. Gawd, that was dry....

I tag....... SheilaC

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ BLOG
http://www.bonne1313.homestead.com/soap.html SOAP
Go to Top of Page

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  2:37:54 PM  Show Profile
Ronna, I loved learning more about you.. I love buttons too.. drag racing.. that is interesting. looking forward to meeting you in person..

Blessings, Debra
Psalms 23:1 "The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want."
http://myvintagehome.blogspot.com
http://woolieacres.net
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2008 :  12:30:47 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Bonnie!
1. I'm related to Ben Franklin
2. I'm addicted to many good things:gardening, blogging, crafting, etc....
3. I have 5 kids, the easy way????
4. I drink ice tea every day of the year!
5. I took a photo a day for a year
6. I'm still working on being a published writer
7. I could eat chocolate every day!
Ok, I tag Kay of the Rustic Cottage if she hasn't already been tagged?

Visit me at my blogs:
www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com

My Etsy store:
www.heart2home.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

SheilaC
True Blue Farmgirl

1948 Posts

Sheila
Vermont
USA
1948 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2008 :  11:07:21 AM  Show Profile
Bonne tagged me, so here are 7 things about me:

1. I have 3 kiddos (7, 5, and 3), a husband, a dog, 13 chickens, and 2 cats
2. I'm on the school board at my kids' Christian school
3. I'm a stay at home mom with 3 little jobs (babysitting, bookwork for my husband's fish farm, and machine embroidering onesies)
4. I LOVE NEW YORK!!!!!!!!!!! (no, not the city, the less populated areas). My husband and I both grew up in western NY and hope to return to the area someday
5. If not western NY, the Adirondacks (we lived there for 3 years)
6. If not western NY or the Adirondacks, then central NY.
7. We live in Ohio, which is nice, but. . .not NY (I'm really NOT obsessed, NY is just a great state to live! It's also near family, which counts for a lot)
8. I have a BS in biology and an MS in environmental studies and it drives me
ABSOLUTELY CRAZY when people say things like, "doesn't it make you mad that you're wasting your education and JUST staying home with your kids?" (and it still surprises me, though I've heard it many times, that people would dare to say something like that out loud!) Well, the answer is NO! I'm blessed to he able to! And if they know a bit more about biology/the outdoors than some kids, well, all the better! There's nothing wrong with that!
9. I really want to become a great gardener (my second year with a garden!) I wish I had a mentor or something!
10. I want to learn how to make soap! (and my husband wants me to also!)

I'll say I'd like to tag PlumCreekMama, since she always answers my chicken questions! Thanks!

I don't know how to email her to tell her she's tagged, so if anybody would like to notify her, that'd be great! Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

SheilaC
True Blue Farmgirl

1948 Posts

Sheila
Vermont
USA
1948 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2008 :  11:08:36 AM  Show Profile
Whoops, I just realized I needed only 7 things. . .I guess I wasn't paying attention, and was on a roll when I posted 10 things. Oh well, bonus!
Go to Top of Page

PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2008 :  11:43:23 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for tagging me, Sheila!
Here are 7 things about me:

1. I have 2 sons, Tate who's 3 and Sullivan who's 1; 12 dogs, 15 cats, 4 mini horses, 13 pygmy goats, 9 ducks, and many chickens.
2. I love just about any crafts- cross stitch, quilting, tatting, sewing, scrapbooking, and I'm learning to crochet.
3. I love to read and use to do a lot of writing- I would like to get back into writing, maybe writing some children's books.
4. I am a SAHM and raise Shih Tzus and Shelties, plus pygmy goats and I want to start selling at farmer's markets this summer.
5. I want to have a good sized garden this year, and actually keep up on the weeding! I already have rhubarb, strawberries, chives, blackberries, and raspberries, plus an overgrown herb garden that needs a little TLC. My garden was terrible last year and my herb garden ran away due to the fact that I had a baby.
6. I want to learn to ride a horse and teach Tate to ride as well. I worked on Tate a little bit last year with one of our minis that's broke, but he was pretty scared. Maybe this year since he's a little older.
7. Our hobby farm is on 5 acres in eastern Iowa. I have been busy planting trees since we moved here in 2003. The area is kind of flat, with nothing but fields, so I wanted to create an area with a lot of trees. There were already some walnut, oak, and dogwoods planted, so they are getting taller. I have planted willows, lilacs, maples, oaks, serviceberries, dogwoods, pine, chokecherry, and Rose of Sharon trees.

I tag Elizabeth (babysmama).
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2008 :  4:51:50 PM  Show Profile
I just noticed this - thanks for the tag, Heather!

1. I don't really like the 21st century. Besides the medical advances I could do without the more modern things. I'd be happy with a horse and buggy (most days!). But, I must admit, I do have a dishwasher, microwave, etc. It's just that I think we, as a society, want "more, more, more".

2. I am very frugal. I antalize everything before buying it and buy whatever I can used (except for underwear, that has to be new!). I frequent garage sales and thrift stores.

3. I love, love, love to read and write. I have a few penpals that I have been writing to for years (10+ years). I love to receive mail and I love pretty stationery and cards. I also free-lance and have been published in various magazines. I have shelves of books in my house and I love used book sales and paperbackswap.com

4. I love animals but am restricted with how many we can have since we live in town. We have two cats and a kitten and a big St. Bernard/German Shepherd dog. I would love an English Bulldog but think they are too expensive and they have been bred into too many health problems.

5. I am a hippy of sorts. I don't buy into the latest fashions and I am the only one around this neighborhood that hangs out laundry, uses cloth diapers, has a garden, has a compost bin, makes my own cleaners, etc.

6. I love to sleep!!

7. My favorite season is spring and I so ready for it right about now. I also hate daylight savings time when we have to turn the clocks behind...it gets dark so early.

Well, dare I tag MaryJane Butters? You're it!!
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2008 :  4:57:35 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
OH!! Elizabeth!! You are good.....

Calling the Queen Bee!!!!

Tag your it!!!

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16445 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16445 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  07:52:15 AM  Show Profile
Such fun! As soon as I get more than two shakes of a lamb's tail to respond, I'll get right on this. Soon!!!!

MaryJane, Proud Farmgirl #1

~Recession is capitalism's way of getting you to grow a garden~
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  08:01:23 AM  Show Profile
~Recession is capitalism's way of getting you to grow a garden~
Three cheers for Gardens!

Annika
Farmgirl sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
http://innermountainmudhens.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoonsgarden.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2008 :  10:20:25 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
OH....(tapping fingers patiently)...The Queen Bee is coming!!! OHHHH!!!

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2008 :  1:08:11 PM  Show Profile
if you meet the queen..you will love her Heather...maybe you already know her!

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2008 :  1:33:56 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I wish I could meet the Queen Bee...it is on my life list..maybe, someday!!!

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2008 :  4:14:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message