Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Howdy from Seattle Next Topic  

seattledeb
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Deb
Seattle
4 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  09:14:15 AM  Show Profile  Send seattledeb an AOL message  Send seattledeb a Yahoo! Message
Just joined after lurking for a few weeks. I am a wife and mom of a 3 yo boy, currently living in a Seattle suburb but dreaming of our own patch of land somewhere that we can put up a yurt or straw-bale house and make artisanal cheese. Currently we are urban farmers with a few small raised beds, my son loved every minute of growing and eating. Great to see you all, fell in love with MaryJane's book at Whole Foods and got inspired!

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  09:26:32 AM  Show Profile
Welcome, Deb! Which suburb are you in?
Have a look around, read the Members Tips post in the Welcome Category, and join right in when you feel the urge!

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  09:41:43 AM  Show Profile
Welcome aboard Deb! You'll enjoy this group.

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  10:02:20 AM  Show Profile
WElcome to the family Deb..glad you are here!!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things
Go to Top of Page

seattledeb
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Deb
Seattle
4 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  7:39:04 PM  Show Profile  Send seattledeb an AOL message  Send seattledeb a Yahoo! Message
We are in West Seattle, which has a little more small town feel than the city while being not that far away. But we are ready to move back out into the country, traffic and congestion getting us down. Good to meet all of you!
Go to Top of Page

susan kate
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

susan
Western Washington
109 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  08:10:39 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Seattledeb! Wavin' from Shoreline, WA, smack dab between I-5 and 99! I'm with you on the traffic situation.

Good to meet you!
Susan

earthy girl
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  11:53:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Hey Deb...I'm waving at you from Lakebay, which is 24 miles SW of Gig Harbor on the Key Peninsula. Gosh, we are going to have enough WA gals for a Farm Girls Club here in no time!
Go to Top of Page

showmemom
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

karen
carthage mo
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  4:11:47 PM  Show Profile
hey deb-

welcome, welcome to the tribe!

jump right in-everyone here is great.

talk to you soon-
karen

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.
Victor Hugo
Go to Top of Page

DeborahJean
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Deborah
Spokane WA
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2005 :  06:15:42 AM  Show Profile
Hi Deb,

Welcome!! I know what you mean about living in the city. I'm from Seattle and have an pretty mighty inborn wanderlust, and have lived in West Seattle, Shoreline, Phinney Ridge, Duvall, Burien, Renton, Lake City, and Wedgewood over the past 20 years. And those are just the ones I remember! Now that my two children have flown the coop, DH and I are moving to the Spokane area to a 20 acre farm. Keep dreaming of your own farm, and you are making it your reality on the land you have right now. Yeah!!!!

Deborah
Go to Top of Page

lirene
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Irene
WA
16 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2005 :  11:05:03 PM  Show Profile
Hello from southern Pierce county! Deb, you can see from all these WA addresses that there are lots of us farmgirls (and wannabes) in the Puget Sound area. Welcome!

lirene

Trillium Woods
Latitude 46.905, Longitude -122.316
Go to Top of Page

quiltedess
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Nancy
Priest River ID
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2005 :  7:05:32 PM  Show Profile
A late welcome from another W. Washington farmgirl. Also to be heading to the Spokane area soon (where I grew up). Our state is the BEST don't you think? Big cities & small towns, rain forest & desert, tall mountains, rolling hills & flat prairies plus ocean, sound, lakes and rivers . . . oh my :-)
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2005 :  10:37:23 AM  Show Profile
A big welcome from Quilcene to you Deb. I live on the Olympic peninsula and am host to a MJF Chapter here. My son who lives in Seattle is moving to West Seattle this next week from downtown Seattle. He thinks it is beautiful there. I have not been there yet. The only problem he thinks he will have is sleeping in the relative quiet of west Seattle compared to the constant roar of traffic in down town LOL. Maybe once he adjusts it won't be so hard for him to sleep when he visits us out here in the boonies where the most noise in the morning comes from the cows, birds and breezes.
We have a 20 foot yurt that we built ourselves 10 years ago and use mostly for our bedroom now. We are planning and gathering supplies for a combination straw bale cobb house and hope to begin the structure in the coming summer of 2006. Knee surgery has forced us to postpone our house for 2 years but am now mobile and anxious to get started. We have been to several cobb and straw bale workshops and plan to go to some more as they all have important things to teach us so we get it right the first time. Lots of cobb and straw homes out this way now.
Looking forward to getting to know you
Eileen

Songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

Lydia
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Seattle WA
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2005 :  10:22:05 AM  Show Profile
Sorry I'm getting around to this a little late...Hello and Welcome! I'm Lydia and live in Ballard. My husband and I, along with our daughters, who are 7 and 10 years old, moved here from St. Paul, MN about 5 weeks ago. This is a wonderful place to live and we absolutely love it!

Lydia

"Life is a daring adventure, or nothing" - Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

lonestargal
True Blue Farmgirl

607 Posts

Kristi
Texas
607 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2005 :  5:54:00 PM  Show Profile
Hi there and welcome!!!
Go to Top of Page