julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  07:04:51 AM  Show Profile
We are up and down and up and down. Yesterday was a really hard day. Aria was so, so, so sick. She wasn't vomitting sick, which is what most people think of when they think about chemo but she battled a sour gut most of the day. Instead, she had diarrhea most of the afternoon with cramping. She was completely wiped out and just felt crummy. No fever though, for which I am grateful. These are just normal side effects of the steroid she has to take twice a day for 28 days straight. It is part of her chemo protocol and I've heard over and over again that it is just nasty. We are in day 12 now and its hard to think that it will only get worse. I'm just gearing up! She's a tough kid but it was so hard to see her sitting on the potty bent over rocking....She just felt so miserable. She has a fairly decent appetite but this is colored with her tummy sending mixed messages; am I hungry or am I going to be sick? Tough stuff for a little 4 year old. One day at a time..one day at a time. I tell you, I'm getting the juggle down with 2 other little ones. Rianna has morphed into an orangutan baby and just wants to be held constantly by ONLY me..This is hard too but I'm beefing up my arms! Please keep us in the light! Your prayers and thoughts mean so much to me!
loads of love your way! ~julia hayes

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4740 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4740 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  07:18:55 AM  Show Profile
Julia, I'm so sorry and sad to hear about Aria struggling with her medications. It breaks my heart to think of her dealing with all of this. I am praying for her and all of you to get through this terrible time. Please let us know if there is anything we farm girls can do for you.

May God be with you always,
Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Peanut
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jennifer
Waverly Virginia
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  07:25:04 AM  Show Profile
Poor baby. Hugs to all of you Julia. Your family is in my thoughts every single day.

"What is a farm but a mute gospel?"
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  07:30:24 AM  Show Profile
Oh poor little one! that is just no fun. I know it is going to get worse, but she has my complete sympathy.
Julia, you are all in my thoughts and I hope that there are good days and times to go with the bad. This is all very scary stuff, so I am sure that your other children are having adjustment issues. Blessing to you and many hugs.

Annika
Farmgirl sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
http://innermountainmudhens.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoonsgarden.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  07:37:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
I'm so sorry to read about Aria feeling so bad because of her meds. I truly hope that she is well soon. I have been saying prayers and keeping a candle lit each day for her. I have a 5 year old daughter and I couldn't even imagine what I would do. Try to stay strong and please send Aria my love from the East Coast. I am keeping her in my thoughts.

"A friend is someone who does things that count, but never stops to count them"

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  07:38:27 AM  Show Profile
I am sure keeping you ALL in my prayers. Your kids are so lucky to have YOU!!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  08:54:10 AM  Show Profile
Take care. Take care, Take care. You all are in my thoughts. Poor baby, they take it so much better that adults do. Hug 'em all. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  08:59:27 AM  Show Profile
Thinking of you all daily, Julia. I'm sure it must be so difficult to be somewhat helpless with the reactions to the medications. I guess it's a necessary evil....Poor little one!!!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  09:53:44 AM  Show Profile
Oh Julia! I wish I could wrap you all up in my arms with a huge hug and take some of your burden away!!! Poor little girl! I hope today is better for you! You are in my thoughts and prayers costantly!!!!XXXOOO

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  09:54:59 AM  Show Profile
(((((Julia, Aria and Family))))) My prayers and love are with you, dear friend. Judy

We come from the earth, we go back to the earth, and in between, we garden!
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  10:05:56 AM  Show Profile
Julia, I'm thinking of you all and praying everyday too. I'm sorry to hear how the meds are making her feel.

(((Hugs)))

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  7:28:48 PM  Show Profile
Julia..hang in there! Aria will be get through this and be a super kid when all is said and done. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Aria and the other family members. My heart breaks for the miseries that y'all are having to endure.

Blessings to all,
Stephanie

"Idealists…foolish enough to throw caution to the winds…have advanced mankind and enriched the world." ~ emma goldman
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  12:49:48 AM  Show Profile
first hugs to you and your family
and only 14 more days of the steroid your almost halfway there!!!!

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  02:58:30 AM  Show Profile
Sending you and Aria lots of hugs and love!! I'm praying!!

My Etsy Shop http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com
Farmgirl Flair Etsy Team http://farmgirlsonetsy.blogspot.com

PROUD FARMGIRL SISTER #100
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  04:55:50 AM  Show Profile
Julia, my heart goes out to you all. I'm praying for Aria's poor gut--that's so agonizing.

Ann
Sairy Hill Thicket
There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  06:31:54 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for taking the time to keep us updated. Your time is precious and we're Blessed that you spend some of it with us. Continuing to pray.

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  08:06:32 AM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Julia, this (concept of propping feet up) may be of help for Aria...perhaps putting a bucket or foot-stool under her feet if she needs to spend time on the potty. It greatly relieves some of the discomfort, because it changes the body alignment & helps to relax by sitting back. I am including the image so you get an idea what I mean.

The modern toilet is not designed to support the abdominal area during elimination and this has caused many problems. This device (the same affect can be achieved with a bucket or stool) was created to assist individuals in achieving the proper posture for elimination: SQUATTING; by supporting the abdominal wall and the bowel as we bear down, brings about a more complete bowel evacuation. It works to make elimination easier and more complete.

My heart aches to know that a family is tortured by seeing their child suffer any of this. You're in my prayers daily.

.• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´ ..• -:¦:- -:¦:- Chandra
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´Farmgirl Sister #64

She considereth a field, and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Proverbs 31:16
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  08:14:31 AM  Show Profile
Praying for you each day. (hugs) and kisses are blown across the country to you.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  9:51:43 PM  Show Profile
Hugs Julia, and hugs to each one of your family. Praying and will continue to. Halfway there - 1 day......hugs.
CS

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Aria update Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page