Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  11:51:11 AM  Show Profile
I got a lot of pretty things today that I don't collect anymore, but just couldn't resist. Guess it takes a while to move on to the new things you want. Anyway I did have a good day and with the weather turning all wonky tomorrow I just had to go today. So all the things have found a place here and I really do have to move.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  12:04:06 PM  Show Profile
I enjoyed looking at your blog. Everything is presented so well. I especially love the plates and perfume bottles. How wonderful to have your Great-Grandmothers scrap book. I collect plates and can't resist buying them when I'm out thrifting around. Recently bought three beautiful Limoges plates for $2.oo! They are so pretty. Will post them on my blog soon.
Tracy

www.cottagebythebay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  12:20:15 PM  Show Profile
Oh Nancy I am so enveious, I love pretty china, you have done super well today, I collect brown and red transfer ware have quite a bit of German china, but I only have one pc of rs prusshia, your box is on the way and I think I put a ugly stump doll in

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  12:27:00 PM  Show Profile
Hello again Miss Wilma.So you collect brown and red transfer ware. I love it. Don't have any but would love to see some of yours if it's posted. Tracy

www.cottagebythebay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  12:31:07 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
nancy Jo...I loved your whole site!

May we always be in thankful contemplation of God who presides over us all.
Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  12:36:27 PM  Show Profile
Thank you girls, always so happy to know someone out there is interested in all my stuff.
MISS WILMA,
I will be looking for my box, and a stump doll? Boy it sure is worth getting up in the morning when you have farmgirls out there who care!
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  12:37:33 PM  Show Profile
nancy ... i like the 'yaller' bowl .. and the 'scraps' the mostest! i once found a 'chocolate pot' with rs prussia stamped on it (and this was many, many moons ago when we lived in colorado) .. went to a show .. saw a sign in a booth that said "I buy R.S. Prussia" told him i found a chocolate pot for ONE DOLLAR at a church thrift sale .. he told me that it is reproduced a LOT and asked if i would bring it for him to see. i did take it for him to see .. he asked me what i wanted for it .. i liked some things in his booth .. and asked if he would trade (i DID take note of what the PRUSSIA china was going for!) I choose $200 worth of treasures .. and he told me to KEEP GOING!!! I told him that was more than enough .. that i had what i wanted and was glad that he would be able to make some pennies on the chocolate pot! i can't believe how cheap it goes for on e-bay .. i'm wondering if that is the phony stuff!

p.s. will get your things to you this week .. didn't get to mail it before i went on my antiquing trip. xo

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:
"GATHERING ROOM" ..
http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. up for adoption:
http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  1:08:49 PM  Show Profile
I love all the dishes, large and small. Well, maybe the smaller the better. They are beautiful. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  9:08:10 PM  Show Profile
I went thrifting today too Nancy, and thought of you ...didn't find too much, but came home happy with an old pewter porager and cup. I guess someone had dumped all their old silver & other metalware at Goodwill. I also found a nice blue spatterware crock. Old things are slim pickins in the thrift stores in this area.

You do really well in your neck o' the woods. I'm always amazed at what you find! The plates are really really pretty. Now you & Frannie got me thinkin'...I have this one pretty vase in my bathroom. I remember it says something, something, Prussia on the bottom. I better go take a better look at that! LOL

I was watching the "Endless Yard Sale" on HGTV a few nights ago. There was soooooooooooooo much stuff! I'll meet you in Ohio Nancy and then it swings right by Frannie & Wilma in KY!

Rhonda

I will sing at the top of my lungs, and I will dance even if I'm the only one...

http://www.kattywhompus.etsy.com

Edited by - abbasgurl on Jan 29 2008 9:09:15 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic JUST BACK FORM THE THRIFT Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page