Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 You know your kids are country when....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic You know your kids are country when.... Next Topic  

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  6:36:19 PM  Show Profile
A dear friend posted this on another message board I frequent. I thought you'd like this.

"Last weekend we were up in Cedar Vale KS again staying in a house in town. The boys were bouncing off the walls a bit Saturday evening, with no horses, yard, TV, telephone or video games, so I said, "why don't you two go out and run around the block a few times?"

"They turned to me and asked in unison, "What's a block?"

JoyIowa
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Joy

273 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  7:36:17 PM  Show Profile
You also know your kids are country when your nephew calls and asks when Auntie can come and help butcher chickens so he can get extra credit in science before the next test.
I laughed, and told him I'd be up this weekend if he thought they would be ready.
Peace,
Joy

If it's not illegal, unsafe, or immoral, why not try anything once? Who knows? You may come back for a second helping!
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  09:17:14 AM  Show Profile
You know your kids are country when your six year old doesn't know that red rubber mud boots aren't really part of your average daily attire. Especially in 90 degree weather! haha

Blessings,

Missy

"Show me you're garden and I shall tell you what you are."
-Alfred Austin 1905
Go to Top of Page

WisGal35
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Cathy
Kenosha County WI
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  09:50:39 AM  Show Profile
You know your kids are country when they can hear the sound of an approaching tractor from a mile away...and a 3-yr-old will actually stand still for more than an hour watching farm equipment at work in the neighboring fields.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  09:57:11 AM  Show Profile
You know your kids are country when they think people are insane who don't love goat milk.

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  10:25:33 AM  Show Profile
...when your 4 yr old nephew and 11 yr old golden retriever will play for hours on end with one broken haybale. This patient old gal was buried, was a rodeo horse and a cow...I think she had more fun than my nephew. Her reward was a couple hours of brushing getting all the hay out of her fur!

Live a good and honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.
Go to Top of Page

prairiemaid
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Margret

Canada
200 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  2:53:24 PM  Show Profile
...when riding an elevator is like an amusement ride. And we have to pause for 10 minutes at the window in a highrise just to take in the view!

Call me old fashioned.
Go to Top of Page

citygoatlady
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

82 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2005 :  01:39:32 AM  Show Profile
....when my 5 year old said, "I think we need to butcher some more chickens. We need some more pillows and have to have more feathers to make them."
Go to Top of Page

ladybugsmom6
True Blue Farmgirl

128 Posts

Tami
Horicon WI
USA
128 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2005 :  1:03:38 PM  Show Profile  Click to see ladybugsmom6's MSN Messenger address
...when your 5 year old thinks woms are the coolest pet, they eat your garbage for you! And actually cries when someone suggests going fishing with them, you know they make plastic worms for that!
OR
...when you 20 mo son can't seem to figure out how to walk in shoes and pants, because it has been soooo long since he had clothes ON!Now that was funny to watch.

-Tami
livin' right and loven' life!
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic You know your kids are country when.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page