suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2008 :  11:43:17 AM  Show Profile

My dearest, Julia, may I just apologize for missing this whole scene until now. Can I just tell you that my heart breaks for you and your family. I am adding you to daily prayers as prayers will llifet you and keep you able to cope with everyday things.

I just want to encourage you with the medical system. They are doing AMAZING things now. I know at least two people who add childhood leukemia and lived. One is in his late teens and one is in his early thirties. Little Aria WILL live. I just feel so strongly that her time is not over and that these people will help her to heal and be stronger.

Yes, I am a "natural" woman, too. I took and hearbal apprenticeship over 14 years ago. I use herbs and supplements, yoga and walks, prayers and mediation to be well. Sometimes, it does not work enough. Sometimes, we need the help of medical staff, and like you, I am SO grateful for all their advances. Use these things to help Aria get through her treatments: Lavender essential on a pillow to help her sleep, massage to ease achiness and relax/calm, foot baths to help the organs work better, music to lift the spirits, walks in nature to bring energy to the soul and body, supplements to help keep the body well and strong.

God bless you and keep you well and strong.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4740 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4740 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  08:34:43 AM  Show Profile
Our thoughts & prayers are still with you and your family Julia. I can understand completely how you want to keep your kids all around you during this terrible time. I agree too about keeping your son in school. Trying to keep everything as normal as possible is good for everyone. My husband works with a lot of daddy's who have little ones. So in order to avoid passing around more germs then we already have, my husband showers & changes clothes as soon as he gets home from work. I think that has helped us out a lot, we've avoided some of the flu bugs that went around the lab (where my husband works) so far this winter.

May God bless you all!
Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  12:14:18 PM  Show Profile
Julia,
You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. If you need anything at all, I am only a matter of miles away and would be thrilled to help. I love kids and would be a very willing free baby sitter when ever you need. Just let me know. Also, would it help to have meals? I could easily whip together a few to go in your freezer and know the other gals from the Farmgirl Blessings chapter would do the same. Just let me know. I am willing and ready.

Gods blessings on you and your family . . .

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  6:08:32 PM  Show Profile
Julia....hugs and kisses being blown your way. Aria is being such a trooper....well, actually ALL of you are.
You mentioned the sometimes craziness of having the kids with you at the hospital....yes, it can be stressful. But, it can also be a remarkable time of bonding and sharing love. They will learn basic life skills in sitting still, being quiet, being creative with their time, finding refuge in books, mastering their art skills, and much more. It might be a good idea to make a "travel box/bag" of things the kids get to play with only when at hospital visits. It gives them something to look forward to.
Besides life skills, your kiddos will grow in the most important ways... learning and living how to support and care for their sister and other family members. They will see how others, even strangers, will reach out to help or encourage.
You're a great mommy!

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  05:33:53 AM  Show Profile
Julia,

I'm so glad to see the update on Aria's situation...she's certainly been in my thoughts and prayers lately.

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"
Go to Top of Page

amyartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

991 Posts

Amy
Junction City Ohio
USA
991 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  06:33:30 AM  Show Profile
Julia....so glad to hear that little Aria is doing well w/ her treatments...thanks for the update...glad to hear that you can go home after treatments, that alone means a lot. Continued prayers for you all and many, many hugs :-)

Keep hanging in there sweetie!

Farmgirl Sister #21
Proud member of Bees w/o Borders and ArtFuL SisTeRs

http://artfulheart.blogspot.com
http://farmgirltales.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

777 Posts

Lea
TN
777 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2008 :  3:23:16 PM  Show Profile
... still praying and sending lots of warm thoughts your way, Julia.

Blessings, Lea
www.farmhouseblessings.blogspot.com
www.farmhouseblessings.etsy.com

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Family Matters: Previous Topic WE'RE HOME!! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page