Printer Friendly
Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Walter the Farting Dog Next Topic  

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  1:26:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
I have seen everything now! Walking thru Target this book catches my eye...probably as I am still laughing after reading Eileen's post about her poor puppy after eating the gone-bad sourdough starter..and it is actually a children's book about a dog with a gas problem. As the family decides they can longer live with Walter's problem, that night burglars break it and Walters gaseous odor release scares the burglars away.
So Eileen, I guess you would be safe from crime...

Maybe I should feed my husband the cop more baked beans???

guerin
True Blue Farmgirl

88 Posts

Jennifer
Shandon Ohio
88 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  2:36:47 PM  Show Profile
my darling friend bought this for my son last year at xmas, he loves this book. It absolutly cracks him up. There is apparantly another one this year... not sure if I want her to buy it for him or not LOL! ;)
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  4:05:40 PM  Show Profile
This book sounds so cute!! My 6 year old grandson would love it!! He gets a big kick out of any kind of a gas problem.

"If you are lucky enough to have a garden, you are lucky enough!"
Go to Top of Page

CityCat
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Catherine
Toronto Ontario
Canada
198 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  4:16:54 PM  Show Profile
FYI there are two other books about Walter the Farting Dog:
Walter The Farting Dog Trouble At The Yard Sale
Rough Weather Ahead For Walter The Farting Dog
Go to Top of Page

ByHzGrace
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

348 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  12:25:36 PM  Show Profile
What about the Head of Ranch Security:Hank the Cowdog?
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  12:28:52 PM  Show Profile
I wish my dog Emma could read, she needs these books! lol!!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2005 :  1:34:35 PM  Show Profile
There is a book called Dr. Dog that I bought for my then 3 year old. Dr. Dog addresses all things health and hygeine. He is a beagle that wears his white Dr. coat and stethascope. He talks about picking noses, scratching bums and pinworms, and explosive gas, mumps, measeles, chicken pox, all the banes of childhood and how to avoid the nasties like washing hands and using kleenex. Funny, and toddlers really like it, and learn from it.

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2005 :  11:36:10 AM  Show Profile
Funny! I just found this topic while looking for another. Don't know where I was when this came in.
I have to tell you a funny story about Walter. I was visiting my daughter in Wisconsin when this book was newly released and my daughter just happened to see it at her library.
We have a tradition in our family of having a family read out loud game and when someone finds a particularly enjoyable book, story or news flash then when we are all gathered in one place the one who found the funny thing to read out loud chooses someone in the group to read it having never before seen it. WELLLLLL my Sweet Daughter brought this book out at one of our family gatherings and handed it to me with the admonishment "It is your turn to read"
I was laughing so hard while reading it that the tears were running down my nose. I could hardly get the words out. Then as a further lark my daughter bought a copy of this book for me to add to my childrens book collection and gave it to me for christmas. She also bought one for her brother because he had received as a gift for christmas one year a life sized home made dogish looking dragon (?) from my sister that he had named "Walter" and to this day still has. He just turned 30.
Too funny!
Eileen

Songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Walter the Farting Dog Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page