Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2004 :  11:52:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi all....was baking cookies to take up to girls camp tomorrow and thought some of you may not have tried my favorites...oatmeal cookies with chocolate covered raisins. YUMMMMMMM!
My kids picked a big gallon ziploc full of sour cherries today at their aunt's house so when I get back I will be canning cherry jam. Just ran out of the batch from last year!

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!

cecelia
True Blue Farmgirl

497 Posts

cecelia
new york
USA
497 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2004 :  8:18:54 PM  Show Profile
Ooh, your cookies sound so good, I can almost smell them way east! I've been using chocolate covered peanuts or raisins in other cookie recipes, esp. peanut butter cookies.It's amazing that I've never heard of anyone else doing this, not only can it be cheaper but it's darn easier to add one ingredient instead of two or more.

Cecelia

ce's farm
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2004 :  11:06:30 PM  Show Profile
Okay...I am making peanut butter cookies with chocolate covered peanuts next...that sounds great too!!!

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

cecelia
True Blue Farmgirl

497 Posts

cecelia
new york
USA
497 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2004 :  07:49:05 AM  Show Profile
Aunt Jenny, I bet they didn't last 1 day after they cooled off!!

Cecelia

ce's farm
Go to Top of Page

ShawnMarie
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

ShawnMarie
Dauphin PA
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2004 :  4:56:40 PM  Show Profile  Send ShawnMarie an AOL message
Try putting colored sprinkles in soft sugar cookies. The kids like the colors. Works the same in yellow or white cakes too, same as the Funfetti mix Pillsbury used to have.

I LOVE chocolate covered raisins in oatmeal cookies and have been doing that for years. Yum!!!

**Expect Pleasure**
Go to Top of Page

cecelia
True Blue Farmgirl

497 Posts

cecelia
new york
USA
497 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2004 :  12:46:04 PM  Show Profile
OK enough about cookies....now for cakes...

Kids love this: a dirt cake you can eat: just make a chocolate cake or cupcakes, from scratch or () a mix; when it's done and cooled, crush some chocolate cookies over the top, put on a few pieces of white or chocolate pieces and then poke a few holes in the top of the cake. In the holes, put some "gummy worms" about halfway coming out of the cake! Looks like your garden!!!

Cecelia

ce's farm
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2005 :  12:34:49 PM  Show Profile
Does anyone have a cookie recipe using honey instead of sugar...preferably one that will incorporate sunflower, sesame, flax seeds, etc.??
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2005 :  4:37:05 PM  Show Profile
Diane, I have made a cookie where I mix equal parts honey with peanut butter and then stir in the dry ingredients I want until I have added enough to make a dough that rolls out in a nice ball. I then roll little balls of this dough into seeds such as sesame, sunflower or chopped nuts. My kids love them. I have also ,made something like a bumble bar from scratch in my kitchen. When I locate the recipe I will post it.
Eileen

Songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2005 :  6:11:27 PM  Show Profile
boy that sounds like something my kids ( and me too) would just love..I can't wait for that recipe Eileen!!

Jenny in Utah
Put all your eggs in one basket..and then watch that basket!! Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

ivmeer
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Amanda
Pawtucket RI
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2005 :  07:18:47 AM  Show Profile
I make oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips and raisins, which seems similar to what you did, only not as much fun. I also do oatmeal cookies with white chocolate chips and dried cranberries. That was my husband's idea, and they turned out great.
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2005 :  11:10:53 AM  Show Profile
Here's a recipe from a little cooking with honey cook book that I have:

Honey Chocolate Brownies

1C softened butter
1 1/2c honey
3 eggs beaten
1 tsp vanila
1/2 tsp salt
4 oz. unsweetened chocolate melted and cooled
1C unbleached white flour
1C chopped walnuts

Beat the butter with an electric mixer until creamy. Slowly add the honey in a steady stream, mixing constantly. Add the eggs, vanilla, and salt. Add the melte chocolate alternately with the flour. Fold in the nuts. Turn the batter into a well-greased 9 inch by 13 inch pan and bake at 350 for 20-25 min. Turn down the oven if it browns too quickly.

I haven't tried these yet, but it sure sounds yummy. We made home made honey ice cream out of this book and it was delicious. Wouldn't the ice cream and brownies be yummy together?!

Blessigns,

Missy

If you have a dream, even if you don't feel qualified to accomplish it, just try your hardest.-Maggie Jensen
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic cookies Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page