lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2008 :  2:31:00 PM  Show Profile
Last week, Rose had asked me to look after her house and make sure it was staying warm enough (she only has wood heat) while she went to Vegas with her son for a big skiing competition. I wrote down her departure and return dates on a sticky and put on the microwave so I wouldn't forget. She was leaving on Sunday night.

Monday morning, I walk over to her house and run into the neighbor between us(plowing the road) and he tells me how Rose had a hard time shoveling herself out that morning. I went, huh, ok, so she didn't leave last night? He says no she just left this morning. I could see smoke coming from her chimney and figured the house would be warm and I would check back after dinner.

So, after dinner, I walk over there and see the lights are on. Ok, she wants the lights on for security reasons. Her rig is gone. I get up on the porch and I can hear the tv on. Well that's odd, but ok, she wanted some noise, too. Just in case, I knocked before poking my head in anyway. Nobody answered. I noticed the fire is crackling like it had just been stoked. Hmm, maybe our other neighbor had just been here and stoked the fire. All the lights were on in every room, a drawer was left open in the kitchen and then I realize the washer is going! Ok, who's here?! I start yelling and walking back toward Rose's work room. I holler again and Rose and I almost run into each other! We both kind of jumped a little and then started laughing. I asked her what she was doing there and she said "I live here!". I know that, but I thought you were gone. That's NEXT Sunday. Oh, man.

She had just gotten out of the tub and got into her bed clothes. And her rig had broke down in Boise which is why it wasn't there. She then had to show me her new fabrics and stuff that she had picked up that day. I felt like a real dumb-butt.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2008 :  3:29:11 PM  Show Profile
Too funny!!! A good story you both will always remember. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Georgia Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

212 Posts

Denise
Atlanta GA
USA
212 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2008 :  4:30:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Georgia Girl an AOL message
That sounds like something I would do. At least she knows that you will surely take care of her house while she is gone.

~Denise~
Proud Farmgirl Sister #113

http://mybigcityfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2008 :  4:40:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well, at least you were being a good friend and were checking on things!! :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2008 :  4:44:37 PM  Show Profile
my husband is looking at me like I'm a freak cause I am laughing right now.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2008 :  4:50:00 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Oh good lordie!! I am known for being a bit flighty but honest in my flightiness!!!
I did it today- I rushed around trying to get as much done by 5 so I could get online and have a "conference" class for school. Well, I went into the "chat" room and no one was there and I started freaking out, sending off emails to the teacher and re-starting my computer, thinking something was wrong!! I re-read the syllabus and realized it is not until NEXT Tuesday that I need to be online....GRRRR~~ Somedays!!!

Cheers,
Heather
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2008 :  10:40:38 PM  Show Profile
Oh my that would definitly something I would have done. Along with my heart racing like crazy wondering who was there!!!!!!

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2008 :  11:15:34 PM  Show Profile
Ohhh my goodness that is just a riot!!! dont we all have days like that.

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I'm a dunce! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page